All member reviews for Kirby's Epic Yarn

Original and beautiful platformer is one of the year's best.

Teen, 13 years old Written bysmashwolf88 April 18, 2011

good side-scroller

the cute pink ball at his best
Kid, 9 years old October 6, 2012

Cute Game, but some cons.

VERY CUTE GAME! This is the first game my sister and I have ever played. This isn't very much for learning, however. The transformations are really cute! My sister and I completed this game in 2 weeks-1 month. Awkwardly, the final boss is VERY EASY. Personally, I think even the first boss, Fangora, is quite challenging. I beat Yin Yarn, the final boss, about 13-22 times. I haven't even got a gold medal on King DeDeDe or Meta Knight! This is still a great game, though. "(\(^.^)
Kid, 7 years old February 6, 2011

POWER TO THE KIRBYS!

Kirby's epic yarn is very easy to play and extremly fun. It's not a win-in-2-seconds game, but not a win-in-a-million-years kind of game, It's more like a win-in-a-few-days kind of game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byParamoreFan09 December 27, 2010

A Great Game For Girls

Okay, first things first. This is a game for girls. "Entertainment Weekly" rated this as the worst video game of the year. I thought it was a mistake, as this game is amazing. Sure enough they had a guy review it. Personally, I have a soft spot for Kirby. When I was nine my best friend and I were "Kirby Friends". We had a bit of an obsession, so this game brought back good memories. The game's graphics are beautiful and all of the fabrics look real. You play as Kirby, and you are trying to sew together the world of Dreamland, which has been turned into yarn. In levels, you can unzip zippers, pull the laces out of shoes, unravel enemies into balls of yarn, and walk on string like a tightrope. I can't emphasize enough how realistic and soft everything looks, and the game is also accompanied with fun music (that I remembered from 5 years ago when I loved Kirby more than anything. I also recognized the baddies, such as King Dedede). You can decorate your own apartment with furniture and toys you find in levels and purchase with virtual money in the stores. This is the perfect gift for a girl ages 9-16, depending on the maturity. It's so addictive and an amazing Christmas present that I'll enjoy for a long time. This game also teaches teamwork if you go two player with a sibling or friend. HOURS of fun! :)
Teen, 16 years old Written bySynchronicity October 19, 2010

Epic beyond belief; perfect for anyone who can pick up a controller

How long has it been since a new Kirby game? I don't know...maybe 3 years if you count any game in the series, 7 for console installments, and 10 for console installments that stick to Kirby's true roots of Mario-gone-epically-cute. Any way you slice it, it seemed like forever. Now, we finally have one of the best games in the history of this Nintendo mascot's life. Kirby's Epic Yarn is not only one of the best Nintendo Wii games ever made, it is also one of the best GAMES ever made. There's always been an argument that games aren't art. There's also been an argument that Wii games have horrible graphics. A play through Kirby's Epic Yarn would make a MOMA staff member fall in love with gaming and will also make even the most HD-addicted cretin smile and say "LOOK AT THOSE GRAPHICS! ON THE WII!" The handmade yarn look to the game is ingenious and creative in a world where every HD FPS looks the same. Kirby is as cute as always, but the yarn look makes everything look impossibly cute. Even the usually frightening King Dedede and Meta Knight will make you smile. No need to explain the story, though all of the cutscenes that tell it are done with high production values and have (gasp) GOOD VOICE ACTING! Shocking, I know. The gameplay itself is terrific. In lieu of the (sorely missed) copy abilities are equally intriguing transformations. Kirby can become a car, a submarine, a fire truck, a tanklike thing, a surfing penguin, and so forth. Although the game is simply collecting beads and finding hidden treasures, there's just so much else to do that this isn't really the whole point of Kirby's Epic Yarn. Yeah, you don't die, but that only makes the level of challenge you actually do have to put into it harder. While the average inexperienced gamer could zip through a level without a hitch, the more hardcore types (like me) can search through levels, unlocking every secret passageway and scoring gold medals (representative of how many beads you collected) on every stage. That takes quite a bit of time. Also, co-op mode is quite fun. Whereas in NSMBWii (which Epic Yarn is compared to quite often), your teammates can jump on you like crazy for no apparent reason and worse, in Kirby's Epic Yarn, Prince Fluff (your sidekick/Player 2) is more, in a word, princely. In other words, Player 2 can still kick Player 1 around, and vice versa, but it's more for a good cause than anything. In short, Kirby's Epic Yarn is an excellent game for gamers of any age. The only thing worth mentioning is that there's some minor violence throughout the game. Your method of attack is a whip/extendable arm of sorts that can be used to turn your enemies into balls of yarn. It's not graphic at all, really. Again, you don't die in this game, but boss fights can be a wee bit too intense for the youngest. Overall, though, if you own a Wii, you MUST BUY THIS GAME. Enough said. <(^"^)>
Kid, 9 years old September 15, 2012

LEARNING

Cute Little Land, Cute Little Story

Kirby's Epic Yarn is a the only Kirby game for little kids, but even adults enjoy it. It's rated E, there very mild violence, and a cute little story. I also noticed that when Kirby isn't yarn, He's the Kirby Super Star Ultra artwork.
Kid, 9 years old March 11, 2011

Great Fun Game

I love this game its awsome. No blood.No gore.Just awsome.It is so fun.But the snow level were Kirby must turn into a sled is hard,even for a advaneced gamer like me.But its fun and good.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlue-Bunny January 31, 2011

Cute...very cute...

Although I do not actually own this game, I did get to play it for about an hour at the local game store and, let me tell you, it was fun. I actually look forward to buying it soon. It's cute and original. The gameplay is simple and less frustrating, since you don't die. Graphics are de bomb! It looks like actual yarn! I highly recommend this game, Kirby fans and non-Kirby fans alike.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGamerGod78 December 23, 2010

Buy it for your kid, as this game is fantastic.

This game is perfect for any child. Common Sense Media makes me laugh, labeling this game with Violence and Scariness. You pull apart string monsters. Scooby-Doo is more violent. Just because it's Kid_Friendly though, doesn't mean anybody can't enjoy it. The game also offers co-op, so if you have multiple children, they can play together. Or you and your child could play. This game is fantastic, cute, and good for any age person.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySuperPrincessPeach72 November 10, 2010

One of the best games for the Wii!

I adore Kirby's Epic Yarn! The game design is very unique and it's the controls are easy to use. This is a MUST have game if you own a Wii! Rush out and get it now!
Kid, 7 years old November 6, 2010

Not for ages 2 and under!

I kind of like it.
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2010

This game has good graphics especially for the wii. The main antagonist of this game can be a bit scary for younger kids and also this game can be a bit boring for the older kids. I would recommend this game for kids around 9 who like the mario style games and just want to have fun time playing a Kirby game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 24, 2011

Kirby's Baby-ish Yarn

This seems like a baby game, so I think its perfect for all ages. Rated G. (E.)
Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan January 5, 2011

Great, cute game!

I love this game, it's so adorable and fun! My cousins and I (who are 11 and 5) beat it in one night. Another thing I like about it is that it's not too hard, not too easy. I highly recommend it mainly for younger kids who want something a little easier, but mainly I recommend it for everyone who likes fun, engaging games.
Kid, 11 years old December 7, 2010

BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you know why I love this game? Cause it's also a great story with awesome and flawless graphics.
Parent Written bySuperdjb123 March 14, 2014

Get this game if you don't like games with violents

No blood and you can kill but it's not scary and you can't die
Kid, 12 years old January 6, 2011

one of the best games ever even people who cannot stop dying in other video games can't die
Kid, 9 years old December 31, 2010

i love this game

this game is very oringnal and un-kirby like i beat it in 6 days (i got it for my birthday) this game has some flaws in it 1-the levals are to short 2-too easy 3- the good things- 1-you cant die(if you could you would be doing it offten) 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 great game *WARNING* DO *NOT* BUY USED*
Kid, 8 years old January 26, 2013

cians first bad rating

never play this
Kid, 10 years old March 19, 2011

Hi im not needed!!

...Now...i know what your thinking by the rating...OH NOEZ SOOPA MAHN DOSINT LIKE DIS GAME IT IZ TEH ENDZ NUUUUUUUUUU-well i like it...BUT! 1 teeensy tiiiny problem....IT ISNT FREAKING KIRBY!!!!! I MEAN REALLY!!! YOU CANT SWALLOW OR DIE!!! THATS RIGHT YOU CANT DIE!!!!!!! wew sorry if you did not like that comment im just give my view of kirbys epic yarn 3/5!