All member reviews for L.A. Noire

Complex, violent police drama is intended for adult gamers.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Parent of a 13 and 15 year old Written byJeannie97211 May 20, 2011

This game is great, the nudity is not nearly as bad as the review above makes it out to be.

As a parent, I was reluctant to buy this game due to its ratings, but I thought I would at least give it a try, so I bought this for 15 and 13 year old sons, and they absolutely LOVE it! I have seen them play this for a while now. When the game is rated M for nudity, that was my biggest concern, but it was not actually a big problem, the nudity is no worse than the nudity in the move "Silence Of The Lambs", they are only corpses and are somewhat covered up with a bag. The drinking and smoking is no worse than what you would see in a regular action flick and the same goes for swearing.
Parent of a 10, 11, and 18 year old Written bySteadFast Racing May 29, 2011

NOT FOR KIDS!!!

ADULT GAME - to expose kids under the age of 17 to this game is like introducing them to the depravity of this world up close. Yes, killings happen everyday but we arent exposed to the mind or methods of the killer. innocent minds should be protected from this. It is a good game but it is meant for adults, the game even has a character that is into necrophilia. Raise your kids responsibly, dont just give into their every wish or desire... our next generation is going to be afflicted with all sorts of issues because parents didnt filter out good and bad from the eyes and minds of young kids.
Parent Written bymr. adams May 28, 2011

a good game should be good for 13 year olds and up

my son's are 13 i didn't think it was a appropiate for them but i got it to make sure it wasn't bad but it was acually awsome its a really fun game the nudity isn't like strip clubs in grand theft auto they're just dead bodys with blood and gore and the drugs is just cigirettes and alchol'it was the 1940's" and cursing isn't that really bad just like any other games with cursing, and violence there will be gun battles or fights not like gang fights your just a detective in this game not a gang banger
Parent of a 13 year old Written bySoccermomsrthebest May 22, 2011

Ok for 12+

Bought it for twelve year old. He wanted it for his birthday. Almost didn't buy, it but decided to get him what he wanted. Ok for Tweens-teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymixe May 20, 2011

LEARNING

good for older kids

the game does contain some not so great sexual and violent themes. but the sexual stuff isn't anything like strip clubs its just the victims of crimes. and the main character is a cop not a playboy or gang leader.
Kid, 11 years old May 20, 2011

13 Years AT LEAST!

This is a game where you are a detective and try to solve various cases. This has very graphical blood and is very realistic. Language is heard in pretty much every cutscene and also the F-Word is probably the most used word in the game. You see drugs on the ground that you can examine and find items with blood on them. I don't have this game but I have seen a lot of gameplay and I don't think that People under 13 should have it. Maybe ESRB were accurate with a Game Rating for once. Overall from what I have seen this is an AMAZING game and I would say it is by far the best PS3 game of 2011 , Up to now of course when Skyrim is out things will change.
Parent Written byMichele M May 31, 2011

Great for those who are decently mature 14-year-olds

I bought this game for my 14-year-old, whom I know is mature, and then sat down with him while he played through the first few missions. This game is not even close to as bad as the reviewer makes it out to be. The sexual content is practically non-existent, save for a nude corpse that was mostly covered by a body bag. Violence? Not an issue at all--especially if your kid has a Call of Duty game. The swearing is a bit much, but nothing more or worse than they would hear at school or in an intense PG-13 movie. Consumerism is not an issue and drinking/smoking is, again, no worse than they would see on the streets or even in your home. L.A. Noire forces players to use creativity, critical thinking skills, and investigative thinking to solve the masterful puzzles in the game. The game also encourages players to take a non-violent approach to situations rather than a violent one. The main character, Cole Phelps is a good role model in that he almost never cusses and always tries to do the right thing. L.A. Noire is perfect for mature 14 year olds or older.
Adult Written bythunderfunk1992 May 31, 2011

Film Festival Quality, but Not For Kids.

This game is extremely enjoyable, although if you wouldn't let your kid look at a mutilated, naked corpse, you probably shouldn't let them play this game. This is quite possibly the only video game that has made me think past, "where do I go?!?". Also, Cole Phelps has the be one of the best realistic role models in a game that I've ever seen. Good play, but not for kids.
Kid, 11 years old May 19, 2011

e.g. Perfect for kids and tens

Teen, 14 years old Written bykilljoy78 May 31, 2011

BEST GAME EVER SINCE GTA

This game does have drinking violence and language. But you play as a detective so yeah, there's those things. BUT I GOT THE GAME AND IT IS AMAZING SO GIVE YOUR KIDS A SHOT IF THEIR MATURE KILE ME
Kid, 12 years old May 31, 2011

defenatly for kids, and adults

The second me, and my son saw the game trailer we knew we had to get it. me and my son, who is 12 play it all the time. I thought it would be a positive message becuse you are playing as a cop and stuff like that. I think the game should be for ages 12 and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written byreally guy June 10, 2011

This game is good for a matured teen

It has some good values. But is also a game more for a teen who is ever mature.
Parent Written bysebnamnam August 20, 2011

not bad for a 14 year old or mature 13 year old

it is not that bad of a game i bought for my self and let my 13 year old son who just had his birthday watch a bit of cussing yes but all in all not bad with that sex none no sex i finished the game and eventually gave it to my son only nudity is once or twice almost all plastic in a bag you can not see it bottom line is its not that bad people who dont even know about the game listen to others who know nothing and gives games a bad reputation just becuase it says it has something dosent mean it all does they started making ratings to over protective ever since gran theft auto san andreas if it was then the rating for sex stuff would be partial nudity and thats it sex is my biggest thing for my kids the other people act like its san andreas when its not i know whats right for my kid and honestly the only thing you should be worried about is a little bit of gore if they play mortal kombat or black ops they should definetley be allowed to play this
Kid, 11 years old July 12, 2011

awsome game. Although it does have a lot of female nudity.
Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2011

Graphic nudity, but very fun gmae

Very Violent crime game. However, the violence isn't you killing people, the crime scenes are pretty intense. There is ONE MAJOR PROBLEM: There is full nudity depicting murdered women naked. However, this is done respectfully, like an art museum. It is not sexist. There is alot of language, but very little is used graphically. This is a very fun game, but it can get dull, and difficult, but the extra street crimes, add some good ol' action to it. Very well done.
Teen, 16 years old Written byiamcool543 June 28, 2011

Should be T

Small amount of violence, small amount of sex but violence isn't very bad. I would re-rate it T if i could. Shows women's breasts but never show the actually sex. Two lay in a bed together as a light goes off but it never shows a vagina or a penis. Overall great game!
Adult Written byMr. Lovewell August 18, 2011

Little Jimmy's a Detective!

First of all, let me begin by saying this isn't your average game. You don't go around assulting people for their money or possesions, like in Grand Theft Auto. In L.A. Noire, (Which took 7 years to make, by the way..) players will be performing various investigations pertaining to cases involved with being an LAPD Officer. You are Cole Phelps, and must work your way up the police force and solve bigger and badder cases. Cursing is an issue in the game, as with most crime shows, the good guys use tough talking to get their answers, and that's something not ignored here. Naked corpses can be seen, and you must examine them for clues in order to get the bad guy. The characters drink and examine various drugs, and also talk about some adult stuff. This game is for the big boys, but if you think junior can handle it, then purchase the game, and prepare yourselves for the greatest crime drama the gaming world as ever known....
Teen, 15 years old Written byMike292 June 22, 2011

Common Sense Media Needs a Little Bit More Common Sense

Honestly I don't own this game yet, but I am planning on buying it soon. I have however looked at several reviews and comments by parents on the game. I think from the gameplay I have seen the violence is like any other Rockstar game and no worse than Call of Duty and is probably better than many action movies I have seen. The language is a bit of an issue, but remember it is a Rockstar game it is going to be there. I don't believe that the language and use of the F word is any worse than what can be heard in any public school. The sexual content doesn't appear to me to involve the player having sexual intercourse or show graphic scenes of such at least to my knowledge. Drinking and smoking is not a problem and personally I see more smoking around my little town than what appears to be in this game. Also it is not like the character is smoking a joint at the players command. The good role model I don't think is getting enough credit in the review by this website. This is a man who, personal gain interest beside, has just come back from the most gruesome war this world has seen and now is devoting his life to the betterment of L.A. Finally I don't believe there should be a zero rating on the educational value of the game. The attention to detail of the late forties L.A. is definitely a learning opportunity if taken as one. There are something like 30 marked landmarks in the game and several more unmarked that can give the gamer a little bit of a view back into the life of post WWII America.
Teen, 14 years old Written byShelton W July 30, 2011

A Graphic Game,But Educational In Some Way

When You Think Of L.A. Noire Is A Bad Game.But It Really Can Be Raw Sometimes,But Really It's A Good Educational Game,And Show's A Positive Message Of Solving A Crime,Or Arresting Somebody Who Deserved It.This Game Is Real Life,That Is Why It's Rated M For Many Things,Because It's A Real Life Game For Teenager's To See How Bad It Was Back In The 40's Of Los Angeles.I Think It's Educational,But Extremely Graphic Crime Scenes,And Some Nudity Of People Left At A Crime Scene.It Can Be Tough Of Deciding For You're Kid Or Teenager To Be Mature Enough To Play This Game.But It's As Real As It Get's.
Adult Written byavidgamerdad July 22, 2011

Cutting Edge Crime Thriller

This game is on the cutting edge of technology. The graphics are wonderful, partnered with a well written story line and fairly easy gameplay, while still challenging. My problems with this were the contents. There is full frontal nudity of three separate females. There is no bag covering anything like the one reviewer said, I really don't know where they got that from. The language in the game is also a very big problem. It is extremely foul and should not be something you are exposing yourself to no matter how old you are. Overall it is a great story and a fun play through but concurrent with that is a barrage of inappropriate contents.