All teen and kid member reviews for Left 4 Dead

Teen, 14 years old Written byTsukasa March 30, 2009

LOW VIOLENCE MODE

First, this is a brilliant, co-op shooter. this is great to play in groups yes i will ahve to admit, the dismemberment and blood would be a bit much, for children under 12 that is. the actual game play is quite tame, i was playing worse when i was 11 and I saw more violence on the tv back then. the thing this website failed to inform you about is the games "low violence" mode, it reduces the blood and dissables the dismemberment, turning it into a very tame shooter. Link from developers website: https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=5402-YUJX-7271 This is a brilliant game and the rating the website has given it should, must be reconsidered using the low violence mode. and perhaps reviewed by a actual gamer?
Teen, 13 years old Written byyoulouzer26 March 23, 2015

Good, but VERY gory

I feel that, this game is fun but gory and has some profanity.
Kid, 10 years old June 8, 2012

about left 4 dead 2 and 1

i don't know what they were thinking rating it m but it it should be rated for t but kids up to 8 years old can play it well the characters don't speek that much but when the game had language they still rated m! even when it not strong language! so i don't know what they were thinking on that one plus it doesn't have adult toys :)
Teen, 13 years old Written byfransies December 4, 2011

left 4 dead

it good
Teen, 13 years old Written byRazziEkans June 12, 2010

Well, this site likes to overrate things...

Well, I've never played this game but I've seen enough vids and watched an entire walthrough on YouTube to understand that this game is pretty fun and addictive. It gives a good sense of teamwork and is VERY addictive. The language is a little much but it's nothing that you wouldn't hear in a PG-13 movie. The zombies are creepy but if your kids is pretty mature then they should handle it just fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjumphop April 1, 2010

This is a fun game. Not very good for young children because of cussing and blood. (Hunter Zombies rip guts from people. But it doesn't always show it.) Yet online multi-player makes this game worthwhile by far.
Teen, 14 years old Written byxgamerbrox June 4, 2015

Left 4 Dead

AWESOME GAME!!!!!! No sex. Bill smokes a ciggarette. Some bloody zombie violence, when a zombie is shot with a strong weapon its head will explode, when a zombie is pounced on you it tries to rip your guts out... Also a good amount of language such as ass, son of a b!tch, godd#mn, sh!t, no uses of the f word. If it were a movie it would be rated PG-13 for language, bloody horror violence, and some smoking. iffy for 8 and under
Teen, 13 years old Written bythe2hotrods April 4, 2015

not bad

The gory part is just an arm or a leg flying off a zombie, but sometimes it is more than that (there are mutants called boomers that explode if you shoot them, and half of them is visible once they explode). Left for dead 2 is the game that you need to be worried about.
Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2015

Contains strong sustained bloody violence and gore.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan December 24, 2014

Cool game for elder teens and adults

No use of F word but sh-t is used and intense violence cool combination of multi player and survival horror plz dont play if lil kids or young teens are near
Teen, 13 years old Written byyoulouz26 August 15, 2014

Left4Dead

This game is a gory shooter with tons of cussing and is for older teens
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter January 10, 2014

If you're mature enough and not scared of zombies, this is a REALLY fun game

Left 4 Dead is a game about the zombie apocalypse, with special and common infected (zombies). My advice is, if you think you can handle it, you should play it. It's not that violent compared to Left 4 Dead 2, which in my opinion, is more fun.
Teen, 13 years old Written byt.clipse December 21, 2013

L4D

it should'nt be that bad of a game despite all of the blood and gore as long as your children can handle it.
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

I'll admit.

Okay, maybe I shouldn't be playing it, I play it with my dad and sister and it is great fun. Zombies will be creepy for younger kids and guns and explosives are used. Very violent, but kids love these games now-a-days. Xbox Live is even more fun. Bill smokes, and teammates will curse if you accidentally shoot them. Co-op is really fun and teamwork is very big in this game. For best gameplay results, play with other people.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 June 16, 2013

Okay for kids who are not easily frightened, and enjoy zombie games.

Really fun zombie shooter that contains some gore, but not horrible. I mean it's bloody consisting head shots and limbs being shot off, but parents need to know that it sounds bad, but it is not as bad. If your child is easily scared this might not be such a good idea, but if they aren't and enjoy zombie games then I would say let them have it, and yeah I guess there is some language, but they probably hear it already. if this were rated as movies are rated it would be R: For Zombie Violence, and Language.
Kid, 11 years old March 28, 2013

ITS FINE

This game is great fun to play. your kids will love you for buying it for them. theres not much swearing and when there is its no the bad swear words, and besides u probably use S*** round the house more than they do in the game. if your worried about your kid getting nightmares dont be its not scary when you have played it once the zombies are not even that realistic. and now your kid knows how to survive a zombie apocalypse. its also about teamwork and if you dont work as a team, you lose. its simple as that. there are also great role models in this game who help you survive. if your worried about the violence. take a look at your child and because you know him/her better then i do think to yourslef, "is he going to get a addicted to this because of the violence", if so dont let him/her have it if not consider giving it to them on a trial run
Teen, 14 years old Written byLeehigh777 March 21, 2013

Playing Left 4 Dead

Ok the game is baced of teamwork and surviving. The forced teamwork is a positive message because is you go off on your own it usaly always ends badly. Language is mild. Online players language can be worse depending on who you play with. You are onle killing zombies and helping and protecting teamates artifical intellegence or online players. Friendly-fire damage comes in on any difficulty above easy. It is very quick to learn how to play the game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. March 16, 2013

Scary, bloody, And not for kids under 15! And AMAZING|!

Kid, 10 years old March 14, 2013

I would never let my kids have this game.

It does have a lot of gore and blood I Would Never Let My Kids Play This. It does have good team work but to much gore if i had kids I would make them wait tell there 17 to have this game.
Kid, 10 years old December 6, 2012

fun fun fun

left4 dead is pretty bloody and gory the second one is really gorey but i have a five year old neiber that plays it