All member reviews for LEGO Batman: The Videogame

A fun -- albeit predictable -- cartoon adventure.

Parent of a 5, 7, and 7 year old Written bydodger23 June 21, 2012

Great except for one caveat...

It's easy to play, has fun levels and my 5-year-old loves it. The violence is all Lego-busting, so I'm so much concerned with that, though some might take pause due to its effects on their children. The one downside is that it seems half of the gameplay is reserved for playing as villains and beating up/defeating "good guys" (policemen, etc.). Not the best idea for my son to pretend to beat up authority figures.
Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byerika02 March 13, 2011
this is a great game. easy to play, me and my 4 year old love to play, and it is easy enough for him to play by himself.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byCommon critic January 8, 2011

Creative

My son loves this game and I think it is very cute and creative.I don't understand why some parents wouldn't recommend this game for there children.it is a perfectly safe game
Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written byemmh September 19, 2010
This is a great video game for kids. There is a lot of garbage out there especially for girls, but anyway, this is a lot of fun and well made.
Parent of a 14 year old Written byTsion July 25, 2009

Great Game for Kids and Adults!

I'm a big fan of STAR WARS, INDIANA JONES, and BATMAN, so, naturally, I've played all of the LEGO games that have been created about them. However, this is the first LEGO game I've played on the Wii. It is fantastic! The interaction with the game (swinging fists as opposed to just hitting buttons) makes a world of difference in the enjoyability of the game. For those of you who have seen the BATMAN films and are worried about content: don't be. This game is completely kid-friendly! There are no menacing images, and the villains are more goofy than malicious. However, you do get several weapons at your disposal in the game (sharp boomerangs, guns, swords, etc.). You can destroy people, animals, and objects with these weapons, but your enemy only breaks into LEGO pieces upon contact with the weapon. Gameplay is completely safe, and there are several creative puzzles for kids to solve.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byMarc1008 September 10, 2009

Good for children and fun for adults

I play this with my son, who is 4, going on 5 - some things are a little hard for him to figure out, which is why we play together. He loves it - there is some violence, however, it's more like breaking up the legos. I like the fact that the players don't "die", they break up and get built back up.
Parent Written byerinw2 October 22, 2014
Adult Written byblushinbebe September 27, 2010

Great for kids AND adults

This game is equally enjoyable both for kids about six and up and adults---it's so hilarious and despite the product placement there is really nothing else to worry about. The "violence" is basically Lego pieces breaking apart, which actually adds to the comical charm of the game. My husband and I play this game all the time and laugh our heads off! It also has equally powerful girl characters in addition to the guy characters, which is empowering :)
Parent of a 13 year old Written byohya August 8, 2010
Parent of a 8 year old Written byMr. Karl May 15, 2010

For kids 8+

My kid wasn't expecting the game to be good but it actually is. I mean he just thinks it's a challening game and he just doesn't stop playing it.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written bymemc24 July 2, 2010

Dosent require reading

this is one of the few games i have found that my autistic son can play due to the fact he still cant read. There is some text however it is not necessary to the game. This game gives him the action he craves without the gore and blood also there is problem solving involved.
Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byGoddss6 September 10, 2009

Great game for kids and adults alike!

My son and I play this game together frequently! It's fun for the whole family. Yes there is minor "violence" but no gore or such. Characters fall to LEGO pieces when destroyed. You run around to collect coins by destroying objects. We LOVE this game so much that we have it for both the WII and the PSP!
Educator and Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written byquadrupleuma March 18, 2009

by a 6-year-old player

Pros: Multiplayer, Challenging, Great Sound, Graphics, Easy to learn, Kid Appropriate Describe Yourself: Frequent Player Bottom Line: Yes, I would recommend this to a friend It's easy to learn and it's so fun I can't stand it! When I first started playing it I felt like it was a little boring. But then I saw the real fun in it. Lego Batman is the awesomest thing in the world!
Parent of a 7 year old Written bybellaMOM September 12, 2009

Fun for kids

Kids, boys especially seem to like this game. Although they do destroy other players it is just lego blocks breaking apart and they always come back to life. As far as games go that involve "shooting" the lego ones seem the best since it is a toy kids are familiar with and they understand how they are just toys, they come apart and go back together. There are parts where my 7 year old gets "stuck" and frustrated at times and prefers to play with an adult. I noticed that the info above says it is $59.99 though, we got it at a major store for $19.99 - so I would not pay more than that for it.
Kid, 11 years old March 19, 2011
Violence (T): Lots of punching and killing and shooting. Consumerism (E) LEGOs are the entire background of the game. Social Behiavior (E10+) Batman, Robin, and everyone else do stunts that could hurt if tried in the real world.
Kid, 11 years old March 10, 2011

Fun and Hilarious

I got LEGO Batman for Christmas and I love it! It's sooo hilarious!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAbe1998 December 23, 2011

Child appropriate

This is an appropriate game for kids and tweens. It doesn't have strong violence. LEGO characters burst into broken pieces when attacked too much. No blood, but weapons such as guns and boomerangs are used. One female character kisses men for a death attack. One cutscene where someone uses the restroom, and other characters laugh at it.
Kid, 10 years old June 16, 2009

man best lego yet

i love this game it never gets old i hope they make more lego superhero games besides batman and indania jones like my favorite hero is spiderman so if they make a lego spiderman or homestar runner ( my favorite website) i may die from exciment
Teen, 13 years old Written byBatmanVSTheJoker November 17, 2013

Lego Batman 2008

I finished this game 100% a couple years ago and recently started playing it again, contradictory(but true) too what the reviewer says about this being based on the Batman TV show is FALSE it bears 0 resemblance to the show and implying that it was based on the show because it's "campy" is lazy, Truthfully it's a based on the Tim burton batman ( for these reasons: Batman fights joker on a cathedral this was in the 1989 movie, Catwoman and Penguin are in this game together as in Batman returns, Two-Face and Riddler teem up as in Batman forever different director but not rebooted and it uses 100% and I repeat 100% music from Batman 1989) THINGS THAT ARE BAD BUT NOBODY NOTICED Like I said I've been playing this game for a while so I know more about then your average joe but there are some things that are VERY inappropriate in this game for example there is alternative tropical joker outfit from the killing joke (the killing joke comic book it is an EXTREAMLY graphic comic book and when joker is wearing the tropical outfit when he shoots Barbra Gordon in the waist where blood is splurged everywhere and she is paralyzed for life then joker grabs commissioner Gordon and tortures him in an attempt to prove that "one bad day can drive the sanest man alive to lunacy" great comic book BUT not for kids) kids might be curious where that joker tropical outfit came from as I was and because of this game I read this comic book at 10 believe me you do not want you kid subjected to that kind of stuff as I was. moving on to another problem is when joker gets defeated and sent back too arkham asylum he puts a gun to his head and pretend to commit suicide and pulls the trigger and it turns out too be a trick gun and he just laughs it off like it was nothing serious. another problem religious parents might have a problem with joker blowing up a cathedral but that's about it. OVERVIEW over all great game just be careful TRIVA There are just 2 words spoken in this game they are "higher" from the joker to Harley Quinn and "Bye" said sarcastically to batman from the penguin listen closely and you'll hear 'em but be warned there kind of hard to catch! by the way the reason i approved it for kids is because I doubt anyone is gonna notice it but if they do then..... :(
Teen, 16 years old Written bylovzhisdad November 14, 2012

LEGO Bite-Man: the video-lame: another ad in video game form

GAMEPLAY: 0/10- sure, there's some originality, but not enough of it. you still mostly just hit poeple, collect LEGO studs, and build things out of LEGO pieces. ORIGINALITY: 0/10- there is a bit of originality, but that doesn't make the game any better. AUDIO: 0/10- the sound effects and music do nothing to keep your attention on the screen. CHALLENGE: 0/10- you can't technically die in this game because all the characters are LEGO toys, so whenever your character gets "destroyed", they just put themselves back together. CHARACTER PLAYABILITY: 0/10- there are plenty of different characters to play as, but most of them take a while to unlock. GRAPHICS: 0/10- the graphics are like tofu for your eyes. CONTROLS: 8/10- the controls are almost perfect. they're the game's only strong area. they're almost not meant to be in a 3D game. in a 3D game, you should have an analog stick so your character's movement isn't limited to 8 directions. GAME LENGTH: 3/10- it only takes like 8 hours to actually beat the game. REPLAY VALUE: 0/10- this is a LEGO game. you won't get anything out of it, trust me.