All member reviews for LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean

Explore all four movies' worlds, with unique LEGO humor.

Teen, 13 years old Written bykaelen May 29, 2011

news for the parents

I have this game myself and I think it is for ages 7 and above because there is a little bit of violence but it does not include any blood or sexual scenes which is a good thing for younger kids
Parent of a 10 year old Written byjakehomerun109 July 8, 2011

very good

one of the best lego games.
Teen, 13 years old Written byWriterGirl1233 May 21, 2011

Perfect for tweens

I played lego year harry potter and this one looks pretty cool.
Adult Written bydmeat July 2, 2011

Not Violent.

Not Violent.
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2015

Awesome

I think It was one of the best Lego games ever. It was challenging but very fun. You can even play as the bad guys like Davy Jones The best !!
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byark_keeper April 9, 2012

Good parent-child co-op game with lots of puzzle solving.

I bought to play with my son as he loves pirates and does well with the Xbox. I knew puzzles would be tough for him, but he can figure out most. I don't let him play alone, though, because there are some slightly frightening parts and difficult parts. We have a lot of fun playing it together and he loves unlocking all the different characters. I do agree with a previous reviewer that the cut scenes are pretty hard to follow. I still have no real clue what happened on the 4th movie (haven't seen it) despite playing through those levels.
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2011

Impressive, but at the end of the day, just another game.

Lots of swprdplay and scary sequences. Girls dress up as boys. Lots of kisses between characters. Lego is mixed in with the succesful Pirates of the Carribean saga. Characters drink and are drunk at many times along the storyline. The characters can be shown as bad role models, but no matter how many times they betray each other, they still come through to each other at the end of the day.
Kid, 11 years old October 7, 2011

Was very quickly made and really shows.

This is noticibly one of the weakest lego games. (the worst being Indiana Jones 2) Good It has the normal Lego feel to the Disney Movies and they did a fine job of making some of the boring movie parts fun ( riding goats through Davy Jones Locker) And the graphics look like somebody sent their legos to a dry cleaner and it does make the movies more humorus than they normally are And in the UK the game came out before the movie which was great for them. Bad I said the game wasn't the best lego game. The quests are alot more complex than the others there are too many people on the screen at most points and sometimes they make you switch between them to solve puzzels why are they on the screen? Just let us switch between them insted of clamming in a tight spot. The gameplay is also very tedious and you will get bored unlike in the first 3 Also the 2p split screen can get very annoying when it is changing from one screen to two epecily when one is high and one is low which makes one drop out and come back in which also makes this game annoying it's still worth the money if you can find it cheaper than 39.99 but if you see it for $49 just don't get it
Parent Written bylitobm July 22, 2011

A Jolly Roger Good Time!

The game play is challenging enough to keep the player's interest, but not so much that it becomes frustrating or confusing. The signature Lego humor is fun, but the cut-scenes make very little sense. My kids (10 & 6) hadn't seen the movies, but greatly enjoyed playing the game, even without understanding the storyline. Anyone paying attention to the reviews AND the age recommendations will notice that I flagged this game as "on" for ages 8 & up, yet mentioned that one of my kids playing this is 6. I believe my 6 yo would've had a difficult time playing the game on her own, without the guidance of her big brother. The only complaint I have is the game occasionally freezes up, forcing me to shut down the PS3 console. I haven't run into this issue with any of the other Lego titles we've played, but we don't have the most recent titles other than P.O.T.C.
Kid, 10 years old August 2, 2016
Teen, 13 years old Written byILoveCSM April 5, 2016

Good game, kind of frustrating

This game is fine for ages 6 and up. The only violence is when you smash enemies, and then they just explode into LEGO blocks, so its not that bad. The one bad thing is, you have to complete a whole level before you can save, and the levels can be hard to complete. Other than that, this video game is a very whimsical interpretation of the Pirates universe.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuperman13 June 29, 2015

Quirky, fun game lets fans experience the adventures with a lego twist.

I am a huge fan of Pirates of the Carribean and LEGO. This game combines the two in a funny and adventurous manner. Each part in this game requires some thinking and hand-eye co-ordination (switching between characters and using weapons to kill enemies). This is a great game!
Kid, 7 years old June 14, 2012

it's awesome

I think this game is awesome, my favorite levels are the crackin and first level. The levels are long and fun.
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2012

Lego Pirates of The Carribean

it is a funny lego video game
Teen, 16 years old Written bySinging Wolf 156 February 4, 2012

Words From the babysitter

I babysit and I let the kids play it and they enjoy they don't get the sexual references they just think its just silly and It's what Lego does they to that in all their games. But the one thing that kind of led me to sell the game is the drinks.. .I understand its pirate time period but children shouldn't be learning about that until they are older.
Kid, 9 years old May 11, 2011