All member reviews for LittleBigPlanet

Amazing game where you play, create, and share.

Teen, 15 years old Written by9steve February 11, 2013

good

kids loved it.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byVcharlot September 27, 2012

LEARNING

Have the parents recommending this really been watching?

First of all, it is a very creative and engaging game. BUT, I would not recommend allowing any child younger than 12 or 13 connecting to the community and playing user-generated levels/worlds. Here are a few things that I have personally witnessed: Some themes: death row, complete with electric chair; tsunami, where everyone is drowning and dying; walls with the "f word" scrawled all over them; worlds where "blood" is splattered everywhere... I have also seen players saying rude/crude things to one another, including cursing and my son has received a multitude of strange messages from people about arguments between players. In addition, players whose names include years such as 1974, etc. whom I assume to be adults have tried to "friend" him. Needless to say, we have gotten rid of this game. Allowing any child younger than 13 or 14 to play this while connected to the community is like allowing them to particpate in a virtual "no man's land". Not good. Not good at all.
Kid, 10 years old August 28, 2011

7+.

My 5 year old cousin didn't get the controls but good game! :) LBP2 IS WAY BETTER THO.
Adult Written bygow0304 June 22, 2011

LittleBigPlanet

Very family- friendly game, with an adorable little character that you can customize and solve puzzles with.
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2011

Great PS3 game!

Great graphics! I thought Little Big Planet was extremely fun! The controls were a bit difficult to handle at first, but soon I got used to it. I would recommend this game for sure!
Teen, 13 years old Written bycod4fan January 16, 2011

the perfect game for all ages

this game is amazing nothing parents would find innapropite.[sorry for bad gramer] this game has different worlds that look amazing. the violence is minamal but nothing that wold frighten kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byslimshady24 January 2, 2011

A wonderful and revolutionary Platformer for all ages

I typically don't play the kinds of games but I must say this has made my top 10 list and is a definite must own for PS3 owners. If you need a game to play with a younger sibling or game to just make you laugh LittleBigPlanet is your best bet.
Kid, 12 years old August 30, 2010

Great for everyone

Love it.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCorey_Faure August 21, 2010

I would reccomend this to anyone.

This is an absolute favorite of mine. LittleBigPlanet is a creative universe, full of wonder, especially on the top user created levels. I would advise that you watch out for the voice chat though, as users with headsets can talk to one another. But other than that, the levels are constantly moderated, and anything that would warrant a complaint from a parent is quickly taken down. The death sequences are "cartoony", so it's not really violent at all. It contains some slapstick humor too, as you can smack each other about with a frying pan in this game, but playfully.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCalvitor July 21, 2010

Really fun game

This game is really good for all ages and really fun. but you can get stuck in one place for a while.
Written byAnonymous July 13, 2010

Fun, but difficult.

This extensively fun game is a great one, and there's not much inappropriate to talk about content-wise. Only, your cute little sackperson can die from being crushed, shocked, stabbed, but all without blood or gore. "Sexy" is used once. This is a VERY difficult game in certain parts, and is probably suitable for 7 and up. 4 STARS.
Parent of a 4, 7, 8, 10, and 12 year old Written byDeejzeh June 3, 2014

Horrible game!

This game came with the play station we bought. The game seems harmless and appropriate for kids (ours are ages 4 thru 12 we have 5 kids) BUT anyone is allowed to create a level and characters that everyone can access. There are characters called slinderman and Jeff the killer that my kids found and started talking about and liking them. We got rid of the game after that. Then just today a story came out on the news that 2 12yr old girls tried to kill their best friend by stabbing her 19 times in an attempt to impress slinderman...no those characters are not made by the game maker itself but the fact that those types of characters are allowed on that game and accessible to small children makes this game TOTALLY inappropriate for anyone under 16 or so.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAnime_Stars January 7, 2014

Great game soiled by foul-mouthed people.

I started playing the first one when I was 7 years old, I'm now 12 and sincerely missing Little Big Planet. I still have the game, but I don't play it anymore because of the people that chat. Yeah, there's chat, and a pitiful excuse for sensors, but people find their way around it. I met friends who were children and are now almost adults. I played whimsical levels that sucked me in and music creating that intruiged me. But all of that is gone now. I even showed a friend LBP2, and they were unique. In a matter of a month, they became foul, rude, and removed me. I was hurt and lost a friend. I even started melting into other people's ways, I wanted to fit in! But I'm done. This game will change your children's minds and hearts because of desire to fit in. :( But I'll never forget Little Big Planet, I have some of my best memories there... :')
Kid, 10 years old January 28, 2013

LEARNING

Scary scenes not for very young children.

This is another EPIC game for the PS3. Perfect for people of any age if you have a creative mind. In this game, you can make your own levels and publish them online. However, some story levels are packed with scary situations. In one level, there are serpents rushing through tunnels that might scare young children. In the same level, you fight a corrupt sheriff who gets blown up by TNT at the end of the fight. No blood is shown. Another level called ''The Darkness'' is almost pitch-black. Plus, there are skeletons on walls and bats that suddenly attack you. The music is freaky and this level even scared me a bit. This game contains several scary scenes and bloodless cartoon violence, but it is otherwise suitable for all. However, parents need to watch out for bad content in online levels. Downloadable content is sometimes based on 17+ games like Metal Gear, but the levels are not that violent. In the Metal Gear Level Pack, your Sackperson (game character) gets a gun, but it fires harmless paint blobs and it doesn't cause any injury, it just covers the target with paint.
Kid, 9 years old July 4, 2012

LBP

It is great, but mostly the thing you should look forward to is the Safety and Language. It has online, so then it has cuss words and keep ur kidz safe, and it has violence that includes killing and some of the levels have "Poop" and "Pee." Plus: on some of the levels it has tragic music like for example: "Sinking titanic." Some people even make things that look like bleeding things.
Kid, 11 years old July 2, 2012

best game ever

what i think is that little big planet is a fun and puzzling game. some say it is bad and stupid but i think they are wrong. i think it is a great game to play
Kid, 10 years old May 17, 2012

Any age

This game is a tricky platformer. Great game for people of any age. 1 of my fravorite game off all times its a must have game.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySuperMrBowwow April 9, 2012

my three yr old cousin and my dad like this game

not anything wrong with LBP. there isn't anything innapropiet. it is pretty fun and creative
Adult Written bypositron01 February 28, 2012

LBP2

A very fun game with cute character. A good storyline and awesome online features and gameplay. There may be some bad stuff someone has made but you can report that in the good grief section of the game, and M&M does act quickly to get it off. The physic in are great (you can really test Newtons 3 laws of motion in this game). LBP2 is basically a better version of LBP with newer and cooler features and cooler costumes.
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2012

A little creepy but fun.

This game is decent. Not amazing though. If your child is at least 6, it should be fine. Some of the levels are a little scary. Some of the enemies are a little creepy and bizarre. It depends on the child, but some of the obstacles, like spikes might freak them out. If your child is 6 or older, or 5 if they can really handle it.