All member reviews for Lost Planet: Extreme Condition

Exhilarating and violent sci-fi shoot 'em up.

Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2009

good game

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

i think lost planet is a bunch of awesome. I know some of you have parents that don't like violence. This game has some extreme violence and aliens scream when you shoot them. If you aren't at least 11 you shouldn't play this game. It has got some blood and gore but it is not much of an issue. I hate all those people that look at a game cover and say no way. do research on the game people. by the way there is no nudity unlike halo 2. you won't kill someone if you play this game. All parents: buy your 11 year old kid this game
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviemogul 2.0;... April 9, 2008

The boss fights are what make the game

I picked this game up the day it was released, as it was garnering very good previews, and the demo was pretty fun. And while I do think it is a fun game, and online is quite fun too, I found the game to be rather hallow. As I said, the boss battles are stupendous, and sometimes you really can't help but utter some sort of profanity at the size or might of some of the creatures and the situation in which you have to fight them off. The run and gun gameplay is fun and the creatures are also a creative highlight of the game. But I felt that the time between the bosses got repetitive sometimes, as their isn't much variation in the action. Also, the worst aspect of the game is the story. While true it provides some pretty good cutscenes, it just plain isn't interesting, more or less very good. That said, it is obvious that the game aimed to please on the levels of simple gameplay, graphics, and bosses. In that respect, it succeeds beyond recognition. It's just that I left the game wanting more out of it, in terms of not only variation but also length in general (there are only 11 levels in general- it doesn't take too many hours to beat it.) When I first played through, I would suggest it to you to buy, but now as I think back on it, I would have to say you should rent it first and then see if you think you could get a long enough life out of it, most of which would come out of online (multiplayer ONLY exists online, you cannot just play against friends at your house or whatnot). So it's still a fun game if you put aside any high expectations and settle down for some simple fun. But beyond that, it's just a good game and not much more (though I could see a cult-like following developing for this game as it seems it's garnering less players than would have been expected by the amount of hype it gained.)
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
Adult Written byrharshaw April 9, 2008

Non Stop Machine Gun Fire

I was in the same room where my brother in law was playing this game and after about 20 minutes I had to leave--the non-stop machine gun fire was giving me a headache, literally. I also told my 13 year old he couldn't play, and my 8 year old he couldn't watch. I wasn't watching closely enough to know if there was bloody guts flying everywhere or not, but i would estimate there were at least 10 brutal killings per minute.
Teen, 13 years old Written byswagasaurusrex December 30, 2014

Don't even look at this game for your child it sucks. It is boring, it lacks booth a challenge and a good story. I didn't even get through this game for an hour before returning it. I really tried to like it. But I just couldnt. The controls are awkward and the graphics are prehistoric. Trust me when I say this. If you see it in the game store, LOOK AT THE GAME NEXT TO IT WHATEVER IT IS!
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2012

Good Third Person Shooter with boss battles.

Lost Planet:Extreme condition is a fun game. It is one of the only shooters I have played with Boss Battles, and the regular enemies are fairly easy to kill. There is some violence, and orange goo splatters when you kill an enemy. I haven't heard any language, though.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJim Henderson March 3, 2011

Its not that bad.

I really don't think this game is so bad. Its not that violent.
Teen, 16 years old Written byHennex December 29, 2010

Intimidating and intense, but awesome.

This game is an epic story of a soldier-type hero who is avenging his fathers death against a race of alien type creatures known as the Akrids. The game is intense and has almost non-stop action, but is not horrifically gory. When certain Akrid are shot, the will spray blood, but it is not realistic at all. It appears as though you shot a wooden door and the door shatters. Language is not an issue in this game. There are often large explosions, sometimes blowing you back. When creatures die, they do not gruesomly fall and bleed, or gush out blood. They may scream, and then they usually freeze (due to the extreme cold of the planet). The graphics on this game are amazing, and they improve already intense situations. It is a non-stop game, very shoot-em-up, but that violence in this game is more astounding than anything. It is not gory or even realistic, and it is over all a very fun game.
Kid, 11 years old December 9, 2010

loved it

i just love it no inapropriate gameplay
Teen, 16 years old Written bySaddayforamerica November 27, 2010

This site needs work

I don't think whoever wrote the review played past the first two levels. Try for info on questionable content by people who have actually played the game. It is virtually bias free also!
Parent of a 8 and 10 year old Written byrun730 November 11, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byprince of persia November 8, 2010
im watching it
Teen, 14 years old Written byRivern October 3, 2010

Lost Planet is Big Time Shooter

Alright, so I went to gamestop deciding to get a year's membership card. When I had it in my hand and began to make my way towards the checkout, I spotted the Xbox 360 version of Lost Planet: Extreme Condition Colonies. Being my age, I spend about thirty minutes to an hour a day watching television, naturally I saw all of the commercials advertising this game. I figured, why not get this instead? After all, Gamestop has a seven day return policy; if you dislike the game, return it within seven days with the receipt and you have your money back 100% guarantee. (it's true, too) When I brought this home I expected your everyday average shooter with regular guns, graphics, and things related to that. But no, that isn't what I got. I got something much more than that- I got my new favorite game. Milder than halo, better than call of duty, this game is the epitome of a real shooter. The graphics are incredible, the sounds are quite good, and the gameplay is fantastic. Combining thrills with kills, Lost Planet is definitely one of the best games ever created. I would seriously recommend this game to anyone who wants a real alien shooter. A message to parents: You should be aware that this game contains moderate violence and warefare amongst alien-like creatures and humans. (well, snow people, not necessarily sure on their race) Players can literally blow creatures to pieces with weaponry of all sorts, ranging from shotguns to Gatling guns. If you shoot/blow up a person, all you see is smoke or a scream and they fall to the ground. However, with aliens, they graphically explode, blood and gore spewing about, depending on what weapon the player uses. (shotgun is bloodiest) I wouldn't be too worried about it, though, as it is extremely mild compared to many shooters out there. A message to kids: While this is a very fun game, it's best not to get carried away with playing it, as it can be played for hours and hours on end without realizing the time passing by. (I played from 6pm-3:30am without realizing it) Another thing you should know is this is hit and miss; you either like it or you hate it. Some people claim that they are neutral, but that's quite rare to be honest. I would suggest watching a few videos of people playing and read up about it before going out and buying it for yourself. Suggested ESRB Rating: Rated T for Blood and Gore, Violence, and some Infrequent Language.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBrendend May 15, 2010

Awesome for Tweens and up!!!

Cool but not as cool as the second one
Teen, 14 years old Written byPlaystehPiano April 16, 2010

Difficult to play, some language, and quite boring at times.

When I purchased Lost Planet, I got really excited thinking that it would be quite an interesting story and gameplay mechanics to be great. The gameplay mechanics are so difficult to control that at times I feel like I'm shooting at random things. It is extremely difficult to get past some VS (vital suit) vehicles, which are basically just big war machines like the things the humans ride in the film Avatar. It took me at least 12 tries just to get past 2 of them, and I started to get a little bored. The main character is trying to find himself and discover his past when his colony gets destroyed by this huge "mother" Akrid (alien) and tries to help others by carrying out their missions and such... but sometimes I feel like I'm just shooting at everything in a level. Overall, I wouldn't say that this was a terrible title, but definitely not something that would be for everyone.
Kid, 11 years old December 22, 2009

suckish graphics

no concerns because it sucks. it was my first shooting game ill admit i was pretty amused because it was my first.
Kid, 9 years old August 27, 2009

behold a really cool game!

It is really like my good old friend star wars battlefront 2 it has really good gameplay too!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAirhead August 8, 2009

Great game for most ages!!!!!!!!

There is no gore what so ever( The stuff that spews out of dead stuff is energy called T-eng that helps the character stay alive, its also orange), and the levels are challenging yet still fun on normal setting, I believe the unlimited mode makes the game( IT'S SO MUCH FUN) Overall, the game is great for kids with parents who don't want them exposed to much language or gore, but want a first-person shooter.
Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2009

not halo 3

t've palyed a lot of acton shooters this is one of the best ever (aside from halo 3 of course) it has a lot of shooting/explosions no blood or gore it's fine for 9 and up ENJOY!