Gripping, violent, GTA-type mob story for mature players.

Kid, 10 years old November 16, 2011

Review for Mafia I not Mafia II

Look, Rockstar Games has come out with another M rated, violent video game. But trust me when I say this one isn't that bad. If you get your kid to skip all the cutscenes (where they swear) it will be ok. Besides - Why do we think and we are convinced that hearing bad language will let kids or adults go around swearing all the time? Maybe hearing bad language shows an example of people showing their expression, fear or feelings. And now we shall talk about violence: In this game, you will have guns, the ability to run over people, a ability to shoot, punch and all that. Wow, people complain about THIS? People, I don't know if you've noticed, but you can turn OFF the violence! There is a setting in which it says: Blood and turn that all the way down. There is no blood then. Ugh, lets talk about language: Okay, you know, tones of kids hear swearing on TV, and real life? So what if someone says a bad word? Your kid will forget about it in less than 2 days. Skipping a cutscene would be the best choice. I didn't really pay attention to the story, but it is as fun as heck to drive all these old-fashioned cars! To sum it all up, this game should not be compared to GTA at all, as every game is different. Kids at the age of 10 have experienced more bad stuff than 50% in this game. You can steal cars, but why not have some fun once in a while? So 10+ is my choice.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bymikeisawesome123 January 7, 2011

So not for kids!!

Very violent and inappropriate game!! Players can shoot innocent civilians, rob stores, shoot cops, steal cars, pay prostitutes to comit sexual acts with you, look at pictures of old Playboy magazines involving fulled nude women using drugs. Players also kill black gang members and get into fist fights with people. Players use various weapons to kill people.
Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2011

very good game

lots of language (this game is in the record books for the f-bombs). f**k is used 200 times. all the following are used more than 5 times... p**y c**k s**t and other many swears. anyone can be shot with blood spray though if a civillian or police officer is shot you will be wanted. lots of drug refrences and use along with a lot of alchol use and smoking. images of REAL people can be colleted and you see them nude. there are sexual refrences including a charater having s*x (it's not seen) and the s***p place witch is one of the most rudest parts of the game. cut scenes are sometimes more violent than gameplay including a cut scene where a man burries a dead body, a man being stabbed in the neck with blood running down his neck, a man being slashed by knives and a man being shot by a shot gun and these are just off the top of my head. if a kid wants to play this make sure they do not pick up any magazines and if they can skip the cut scenes. overall the game is quite good and fun to play.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bytrustedreviewman August 28, 2010

Playboys in it

This is personally one of my favorites games ever because I love mafia movies. This game is definitely not for minors because of the nudity and the sex. My first example of the nudity is the playboy mags as the collectibles, most free roam games feature collectibles such as rubber bands, cards, bobbleheads, and balloons. The worst part about the mags is that they are viewable and show bare breasts and buttocks. There are some nude scenes involving characters in the game. There is also the constant use of the f-word and other swear words. The violence is nothing worse than Call of Duty. The game is about a crime ring with payback and stuff similar to the horse head in the bed from The Godfather. A much better choice that is similar to Mafia II is The Godfather Video Game, THE FIRST ONE not the second. The second has nudity.
Kid, 12 years old December 27, 2012

Role model is both bad and positive

Sure this game does portray several illegal acts, however it shows the darker side of crime. Instead of encouraging these acts of violence, it rather makes them look regretful, and shows this by killing off characters the protagonist loves, also Vito does all of these acts not for money or fame, but for his family
Teen, 15 years old Written bycall of duty22 November 24, 2011

ugh....

i played the demo in the demo you start out in your house.then i walked to the coffe table it said press x to pick up.when i did it was a play boy magizine it showed a butt naked girl totally exposed.(nippl* and vigin*)
Parent Written byBrad W. October 8, 2016

Not bad at all!

Kids parents are way to over protective! Not only is this games violence mild and not disturbing, (Much like GTA 5) their is no sexual content in the game, but there is quite strong swearing. I would highly recommend this title to anyone wanting to introduce their kids to open world games.
Parent Written byAnne Sudusha June 25, 2012

Great for kids 12+

It is a great learning experience and expands kids cultural views. Its not like kids are going to go out and do the very few questionable things in the game. Great learning experience
Teen, 15 years old Written bybigd1215 January 13, 2011
Teen, 14 years old Written byjustjordan28 October 18, 2010

for kids

love it
Teen, 13 years old Written byTwilightgirl137 March 11, 2011

Drinking, violence, sex: Why am I playing it?????

OMG!! Someone my age shouldn't be playing this game! However, my dad got it and I watched some of it and thought it looked intresting. If you want your child to play the game, watch out! Lots of F words, s words, and many other words I have to use the first letter of them. Also, the women are like inappropriate. Because of that, my dad lets me play the game when he's in the room, so he can tell when to shut my eyes. So here's my advice: Play it a couple of times, so when your kid wants to play it, they won't see the women.
Adult Written byoakraiderfan November 27, 2010

NOT FOR KIDS UNDER 17

I love the game but the violence and the language and the nudity is not for KIDS it should be played by MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY
Adult Written byKate Maran September 14, 2010

Great Story, Great Game, Bad Learning

The bottom line is that if the kids do good in school or always seem sad because while his friends are playing and you make hiim do chores instead that why not just let him or her get it I do not recommend this to any young group of kids
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom August 27, 2010

Amazing but has so much mature content.

I got this game yesterday but Have played it for a long time, Enough to judge this. I got it on release (Its the 27th in UK) Because I liked the first. The violence is pretty high with plenty of blood and a scene where a man gets his throat slit and then has the knife stabbed right into his neck. And is just left there with the knife in him. You do a lot of hand to hand combat, Part of the main game. Shooting contains lots of blood but no limb losses. The sexual content is the highest in a PS3 game In my opinion, You can collect playboy mags, Which aren't animated... They are real playboy pictures. And you get every bit of nudity and the game is simply wrong. The language is high, I get enough swears to blow my head off. But its funny swearing. "Get me to Alberto" Forgot his name... "The Painter?" "No the F*cking doctor you idiot" Its quite a comedy. "He nearly shot my balls off" Its in good humour. You can get cocaine and drugs. Its really mature.
Teen, 13 years old Written byK4r4t3ch0p August 2, 2013

Awesome game

It's a great and realistic game but maybe... Too realistic it contains nudity, sexual content, strong strong language, loads of violence, blood and gore, and use of drugs and alcohol.
Adult Written bygow0304 June 22, 2011

Mafia 2

Pretty decent game, but it is over the top violent, lots of sex, alcohol, tobacco, drugs and cursing. I am not generally affected my foul language, but the "F" word was used so often that I had to walk away from it a few times.
Kid, 11 years old January 19, 2011

11+

OK
Adult Written byFatelord October 23, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byAdrian2369 July 6, 2015

A very good game for children over 13.

I am 13 and i think that this game is good for me.I play Call of Duty , Battlefield and God of War , so if this game has VERY bad language , A LOT OF BLOOD , and sexual content ITS NOT A PROBLEM FOR ME. I like this game and i play it almost everyday.
Adult Written bysyedzainb January 19, 2015

not for kids

dis game includes a vast amount of profanity and sexual themes