All member reviews for Mario Kart 8

Fun family racer lets kids upload sweet moves to YouTube.

Learning

Kid, 11 years old June 4, 2014

Amazing Mario Kart game is beautiful in HD!

Now I'm a huge fan of the mario kart series, and i love everyone of them, and when i heard the announcement of Mario Kart 8 for the wii u, I was amazed by how gorgeous it looked. So almost a year later, I finally got mario kart 8, and oh my gosh, does this look amazing! Beautiful hd in every single course, and the new Mario Kart TV is really fun to play on. So if you have a wii u, i highly recommend this game, and if you don't have a wii u, then just get the bundle with mario kart 8 and you'll see what all the praise is about!
Kid, 9 years old June 26, 2014

Mario Kart 8 is awesome!

Mario Kart 8 is awesome! I gave this game a 9 and up because most likely 9 year olds will play it . But really anyone in the family can play. Its partly learning but mostly for fun Mario kart 8 works on coordination.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySwag Anderson June 20, 2014

A Must Have for WiiU Owners

This game is amazing. With the best graphics on WiiU to date, and intuitive steering mechanics, Mario's latest go-kart outing is, in several ways, the best family game for the home console yet. There's something magical about chucking a random turtle shell at your sister and replaying it in slow motion for everyone to see. I can't find anything wrong/inappropriate with this game except that there is online multi-player in which your Mii's username is shown to everyone you're racing against. Easy solution: give your child's Mii the nickname you call him/her. Overall, I highly recommend this game to families with a WiiU. If you don't have one yet, this is the best time to join the fun. There is a $325 bundle where you get a WiiU, MK8, a Wii Wheel, several accessories for the Gamepad, and a free downloadable game (New Super Mario Bros U, Zelda: The Windwaker HD, Wii Party U, or Pikmin 3). Peace out and God bless!!! - Swag Anderson
Parent of a 14 and 17 year old Written bynuenjins November 23, 2015

Amazing game with a few irritating ticks.

This is by far the biggest and best Mario Kart and still retains it's 4 player split screen for families and friends which is becoming more and more rare today. You quickly unlock characters and tracks, more or less just by playing the game, with over 30 places to choose and 29 characters (many of which are different 'versions' of already playable racers). You can exspand that with 2 DLCs (downloadable content) that are only $14 extra but exspand the tracks with16 new tracks and 6 more charecters (including Link from Zelda and a themed race track), which is a great price compared to almost any game that has extra online content. There are silly weapons that are revisited from past games that keep anyone from getting by on just racing speed but here in the Wii U version you can't shut them off individually, It's basic weapons or all of them and the basic ones can be tiresome with just green shells and bananas. With each jump you can also get speed boost by tapping the drift button which adds some incentive to keep alert for small advantages. The only REAL downside to this title is the STAT system that makes little to no sense. If you push your + button each vehicle and part (tires, type and glider) your speed, endurance, drifting and the like are all effected and often in nonsensical and dramatic ways which can lead many to feel forced to play certain setups in order to win instead of picking characters and vehicles just for fun. There are also hidden stats for charecters making larger charecters faster for some reason and Avatars are added to the roster as well which are unlocked after playing and are the best , well rounded choices when racing.............With the new antigrav mode which has your tires turning into magnetic hovercrafts and climb walls and ceilings it's an effect that doesn't show noticeably to make you dizzy but just seems to add more interesting turns and doesn't visually make your car seem "upside down" so it's a well played feature. This and the glider that pops out automatically for long jumps all seem seamless and reliable so you don't feel jarred or disoriented and just add depth. the underwater moments seem a little overdone and silly but are forgivable as they don't last too long and aren't game changers.....................one more feature to consider is that online chats are limited to 'friends only' in the lobby and does not have game invite or message notifications. You need to use outside means to coordinate races online. Despite the few downfalls it may have Mario Kart is still the best Kart racer out there with a lot of fun new teaks and vehicles that make it very replayable for family and friends to return to for some quality fun time.
Kid, 12 years old March 13, 2015

Mario Kart 8 Review

Very fun family racing game. There is nothing at all that is bad for kids. Just super fun i recommend it for sure.
Kid, 11 years old June 17, 2014

Another Amazing Game For The Wiiu!

This game is the best wiiu game i have ever played and close to one of the best nintendo games i have ever played! i have played i bunch of Mario Kart's in the past but this is by far the best. of course there is nothing bad in this game because it is nintendo and it is just mario characters racing. this game is good for any ages. even adults will enjoy playing this game. if you have recently got a wiiu then this is a must have! amazing game for kids and adults!
Teen, 14 years old Written bytrumu00 March 14, 2015

Mario Kart 8 is mediocre

This game is good for entertainment ONLY. The only basic learning is how to drive. If you want to give your child a learning experience with this game, buy the WII Wheel.
Teen, 14 years old Written byqwertyuiopgirl123 August 7, 2014

Okay!

Good for people who are learning to ride karts!
Adult Written bymoviewannabe June 10, 2014
LEARNING

Nintendo has done it again

Mario Kart 8 is amazing. Many Nintendo fans think games like this are going to sell like hotcakes due to financial losses. In case you didn't notice, whenever Peach, Daisy and Rosalina ride an motorcycle or an ATV, they're wearing white jumpsuits, with stripes running down the sides, long gloves and knee-high boots that are the same as their dresses and their jumpsuits are worn tight. This game is easy to play when using a Wii U game pad: you can switch from the TV view, to the map of the current racetrack or the horn. You can use the item button when you don't have an item and you can honk the horn and startle other drivers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheIdiotGamer January 9, 2016
LEARNING

My friend almost died playing.

We were playing at a friends house ( We were a group of three) and my friend got a seizure on the Electrodome course. I also felt a bit sick because the game was too fast and had too many moving objects. Also, people can use the name F--- YOU online. Not for kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byd1pent11111 February 19, 2015
LEARNING

Another big hit for Nintendo!

Overall, great game. It is easy to use*, and is a non-violent racing game. A nunchuck attachment is recommended for users coming from Double Dash!! or 64. With the nunchuck, controls include A to accelerate, A+B to shift gear/hop/do a power slide, Z with item to use item, Z without item to blow horn, and joystick to steer. * Hard to pick up controls at first, after a few courses you get used to it.
Adult Written byMaik89 December 11, 2014

A warning to Parents

The game is excellent but it relies on a system where victory can be lost at the last second by a well placed item this can lead to great frustration for children and even adults that cannot handle loosing. So pay attention to what happens on screen before making judgement.
Adult Written byblmbbc123 November 15, 2014

Awesome

Love this game!
Parent of a 16 year old Written bybengates512 August 16, 2014
LEARNING

Great game for kids and adults

this is a fun game. I've always loved mario games ever since I was a kid and mario kart 8 is no exception. And it was able to be a great game without violence and profanity so I can play it with my kids, they love it. This is by far the best game in the mario kart series.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCarolina Chuck January 23, 2016

The best Mario Kart yet!

Mario Kart 8 is an extremely fun racing game where you play as Mario characters in races. It is really fun, and easy to play. It's a good family game too, four people can play at once. I would highly suggest getting it!
Teen, 16 years old Written byJacobL 1 October 27, 2015

Best Game Ever

Your kids will love this game! It has the most scenic courses, which makes it relaxing! This game is the best game in my opinion. It has no negative stuff. It's all positive! Even adults will love this game! The selection of courses is better than other Mario Kart's.
Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2015
LEARNING

Will keep you wanting more!

This is an amazing game. My dad was feeling sick one weekend so we got something to keep us entertained and we needed more controllers. So we went to gamestop, got this game and I never wanted to put it down! It's pricey, so make it if your kid is being good and they will thank you over and over!
Teen, 13 years old Written byfrozen hater101 April 10, 2015
LEARNING

finally link is in it doc

Adult Written bymrawesome parent February 4, 2015

swaggalicius

this game is great! no violence and wonderfull! i play it with my daughter all the time 10/10 wonderfull
Kid, 11 years old January 8, 2015
LEARNING

nothing to worry about here!

Very simple game involving racing through characters from Mario. Though I think it breaks the story line, its stays fun all the same.