All member reviews for Mario Party 9

Simple party game creates great fun for the whole family.

Kid, 11 years old August 5, 2012

Waste of Money!

I bought this game after my sister broke my Mario Party 8, hoping it would be better. I was disappointed. Although the game is similar to Mario Party 8, it is not nearly as much fun. In this version, all the players travel around the game in 1 car, which takes out the excitement of the "race" to the end. Also the game is much slower and much less exciting. I definitely reccomend Mario Party 8 instead.
Kid, 11 years old September 11, 2013

This makes MP8 seem like crap!

OK, so buy Mario Party 8 first. Then buy Mario Party 9. IT just felt like a true Mario game! Don't waste yo money on Mario Party 8! Think again!
Kid, 9 years old January 6, 2014

Kids 7+

Really fun game, had a great time playing!
Teen, 15 years old Written byskeletonslife441 July 3, 2013

I'VE ENJOYED THE REST OF THE MARIO PARTYS, BUT THIS ONE CHANGED IT ALL.

I liked Mario Partys from 1-8, but 9, EVERYTHING CHANGED IT MAKES ME WANNA CRY I MISS THE ITEM SHOPS I MISS THE COINS I EVEN MISS WALKING ALONE NOT DRIVING A CAR!!!!! Oh well, it's time to move on...
Kid, 8 years old June 8, 2013

Good Game

A Great Family Game
Adult Written byAllie Pierson September 15, 2012

Very good!!

This game is so fun!! It is alot better than its MP8.
Teen, 17 years old Written byoldschoolman July 25, 2012

The worst on the series

This is the worst mario party ever played. mario party 4,5,6,7 are the best. This one stinks. When someone uses an item, you all have to do it. And a dice that goes up to 6. Dont buy this
Teen, 13 years old Written byemmygirl January 22, 2015

Cool game to play with friends

It is fun to play with friends or family. You go through different rounds like "Magma Mine" or "Blooper Beach", that are all different. A concern are the boss fights, where you "fight" the boss and he gets angry (mild violence).
Kid, 10 years old April 15, 2014
Teen, 16 years old Written bylovzhisdad December 27, 2012

Lots of minigames (including a board game-like game)+lots of variety+6 different ways to compete+the word "Party" in the title+4-player gameplay=Must-have!

The game is a kid-friendly party turned into a video game! I should know. I've played it myself. Plus, all the characters reinforce the idea of healthy competition. It's like a party, wether you want to play alone or with other players. The only cons are that it's not a Wi-Fi game, and its hefty price. The only reason I say it's "pause" for kids 7 and under is because plenty of characters are distinct nintendo game licenses. other than that, it's perfectly fine for seven-year-olds in my opinion.
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2016

All ages will love this great game

I think is a really great game with nice messages. When characters win a minigame, they celebrate without teasing their rivals. When they lose, they sulk, but don't yell at their rivals. There is some minor violence, but as always in Mario games, it is meant to be funny. Language is not an issue, but there is some rude name-calling used by Bowser or Bowser Jr. like "chumps", "good-for-nothings", and "dopes".
Teen, 13 years old Written byRedmage July 7, 2014
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2013

Low violence makes this great for all ages.

You compete in challenges to earn stars as you move around the board. Some enimies and bosses might be frightening to little players. Bosses have a health bar that lowers when its attacked. Bosses get more vicious when half dead. When dead they explode into 15 stars.