All member reviews for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Favorite gaming icons compete in a lackluster Olympics.

Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

Teen, 17 years old Written byluvanger October 11, 2009

What in the world happened to making good games???

A lot of people have been wanting to come out with more politically correct video games that will not offend anyone. They've done it, but at the cost of entertainment. This game is just plain sad. Sonic and Mario have been known for their awesome adventures fighting enemies Dr. Robotnik and Bowser, respectively. But the game creators decided to throw all that away to create an uninspired joke of a game. This game is contains nothing inappropriate, and promotes all the right things, but it's got to be one of the worst games I've played in my life. If you really want to find a game that's non-offensive but still entertaining, try something else. There's plenty better than this.
Written byAnonymous September 29, 2009

Plagued with control issues.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games is, at its core, a minigame collection that you can normally find for 15 bucks at any store, except Mario and Sonic characters are in it. The game is filled with control issues to an almost ridiculous level, making some games almost unplayable. Flailing your arms around in random ways desperately hoping that the broken control will respond is not that fun. There is some fun to be had here, but dissappointment is more common. And the 50 dollar price tag is insulting.
Teen, 15 years old Written byDivine_Munchie_99 November 30, 2009

Decent

I agree with tedobrien98, this game is better with more people. That's when the game gets more fun and competitive!
Teen, 14 years old Written byvikings622 July 30, 2009

Great Game

The Game is great for kids and adults i said on for 4+ because young kids will have trouble playing. If you took out Mario and Sonic and their buddies it is a lot like Wii Sports
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 24, 2011

Not Worth Your Money

Fun, but not worth the money, Mario and Sonic have no bad content to have this game hated, although as I said, it is fun, but not worth the money.
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

Hmm..

It seems ok.But adults are from another galaxy.
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2010

It's ok

The only violence is wwhen you have a crossbow on the one sport. Tons of signs with the five rings which represent the olympics in Beijing. Fun game,though.
Kid, 12 years old September 2, 2009

yay a mario sonic crossover!

for the first mario and sonic cross over this is kinda good. rent it then buy it if you like it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySashasumba123 April 7, 2009

I liked it little Sashasimba123

This game get's your heart moving but i expect the winter one to be better.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2009

Great game for family occasions or partys but not so much by yourself.

I got it last Christmas from Santa Claus and I must say the whole family got great fun out of it. And we're not a family of children you know. The closest sibling in age to me is 19. Theres a 25 year old, 24 year old, 22 year old, 19 year old, 11 year old and sometimes even Mam and Dad play it!!! But it isn't as much fun by yourself. It's the sort of game which could be put away in the corner and forgotten about until the next family game night or party or whatever. But don't get it for any child under the age of 7 or 8 who get's easily frustrated.
Kid, 9 years old February 15, 2010

A game that will bore you to tears

boring after a while
Educator and Parent of a 2, 4, 6, 8, and 12 year old Written bykthompson June 18, 2009

Worth every penny!

I have kids from 2 - 12 that can all play this together. It is a great game for a group to enjoy. The best game for my 2 year old is the dream race and the least favorite is fencing followed by vault. The older kids 4 and up enjoy all the games.
Parent of a 11 year old Written bygamereviewer6469 July 6, 2011

good variety game

good game with a little mario and sonic!
Kid, 12 years old June 17, 2010

Mario and Sonic's Epic Fail

This was the hardest game to play ever! I could never figure out the controls, and when I thought that I did, I messed up even more! I even read the instructions, but this game is impossible to play!
Kid, 10 years old December 11, 2009

Terrible.Dull,clumsy,stupid,mindless and thick.

Look, althogh its sold over a million copies its just hard and dull. Ive only played it twice and now i think im going to trade it in. BAD,CERTAINLY NOT RECOMENDED.
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2009

its great!

i think its a fun game.our family has it for our wii. my brother and i play it alot. i think it has sends good messages, it teaches you can go for anything plus you learn some about what they do in the olypics. i really like it.
Kid, 9 years old March 16, 2010

i think mario and sonic do something fun here

its just very fun.
Kid, 11 years old February 27, 2010

I marked bad role models becauese soetimes if your character loses an event they say stuff like i was going easy etc. but its a great game!
Kid, 10 years old October 21, 2009

Really fun to play and you can learn about alot of sports that are at the olympics