All member reviews for Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games

Favorite gaming icons compete in a lackluster Olympics.

Teen, 17 years old Written byluvanger October 11, 2009

What in the world happened to making good games???

A lot of people have been wanting to come out with more politically correct video games that will not offend anyone. They've done it, but at the cost of entertainment. This game is just plain sad. Sonic and Mario have been known for their awesome adventures fighting enemies Dr. Robotnik and Bowser, respectively. But the game creators decided to throw all that away to create an uninspired joke of a game. This game is contains nothing inappropriate, and promotes all the right things, but it's got to be one of the worst games I've played in my life. If you really want to find a game that's non-offensive but still entertaining, try something else. There's plenty better than this.
Written byAnonymous September 29, 2009

Plagued with control issues.

Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Games is, at its core, a minigame collection that you can normally find for 15 bucks at any store, except Mario and Sonic characters are in it. The game is filled with control issues to an almost ridiculous level, making some games almost unplayable. Flailing your arms around in random ways desperately hoping that the broken control will respond is not that fun. There is some fun to be had here, but dissappointment is more common. And the 50 dollar price tag is insulting.
Teen, 14 years old Written byvikings622 July 30, 2009

Great Game

The Game is great for kids and adults i said on for 4+ because young kids will have trouble playing. If you took out Mario and Sonic and their buddies it is a lot like Wii Sports
Kid, 11 years old July 23, 2009

its great!

i think its a fun game.our family has it for our wii. my brother and i play it alot. i think it has sends good messages, it teaches you can go for anything plus you learn some about what they do in the olypics. i really like it.
Educator and Parent of a 2, 4, 6, 8, and 12 year old Written bykthompson June 18, 2009

Worth every penny!

I have kids from 2 - 12 that can all play this together. It is a great game for a group to enjoy. The best game for my 2 year old is the dream race and the least favorite is fencing followed by vault. The older kids 4 and up enjoy all the games.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySashasumba123 April 7, 2009

I liked it little Sashasimba123

This game get's your heart moving but i expect the winter one to be better.

Teen, 14 years old Written byiluvKH April 9, 2008

Very Fun!

This Game is FUN!! I dont' know why it got such a bad rating. You do ots of thing that regire speed and timing and boy it can be a workout!

Worth your money

This game is worth you paying $50 because you will play it over and over again I still play the game very often and it's fun to play with friends or family members. The only drawback is that if you only have one nunchuck and your playing with people in certian games they'll take longer to play(Long jump, Archery, etc.) and others are impossible to win.( All of the running games)
Teen, 16 years old Written byApostle April 9, 2008

Great game.

This is an awsome game that is definitely a great buy. It has exellent olympic avents that are just flat out enjoyable and interactive. And, no matter your age level or experience in gaming, you can easily get into this game with easy events like the Running event, and later get into the more difficult ones like the Long Jump or Pole Volt. Archery is awsome and was definitely my favorite. Also, with different types of characters, it is easy to find one that is just right for you (like always Mario is it for me). You also can transfer your Mii as a character, and I loved playing with my Mii for a change on a grapical game. The only issue is a little bit of violence, but it is only present in Dream Race, Dream Platform, Dream Fencing, and Fencing. You can knock people over in Dream Pingpong, but that isn't violent, more hilarious. Also, characters normally display a very good character about losing saying stuff like, "Oh, it's not that bad." However some will say, "Unbelievable," or "I'll get you next time," but they do the later one in a more loving way then the vengful way. It is awsome and anyone can play it. The only downside is that the events get somewhat boring after a while. If you homeschool, this is a perfect activity for Physical Education.
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008

WOW!

I really like this game and I can't believe I play it for evey 20 minutes good game!