All member reviews for Mass Effect 3

Parent Written bya deep gamer September 1, 2012

Makes you think about yourself and those around you

I have been a gamer most of my life, and thinking about every game I've ever played, Mass Effect always stands out for me. This series has the deepest characters in any game, and, with the amazing story and interaction, you feel like they are actual people. You feel like these people are your friends, your family, not just some faces. If you betray one, you feel like you stabbed a friend in the back, not just kept a secret from some meaningless character. Everything in this game makes you think about the difference between right and wrong, between friendship and power. You will feel bad for someone suffering because of you. When you couple that with the stress of the war, there are moments where getting the job done feels amazing because you helped those you've grown close to. Yes, the gameplay and story stand up on their own, and yes, there is language, violence, and sexual themes. But all of these things take the backseat to the real as flesh and bone cast. If you let this game in, you will feel for these people. Don't be surprised if, during a particularly tender moment, you feel a tear form. More than one have admitted to it.
Parent Written bytheultimaterater April 15, 2013

review

it is a great game i have played it with my kids before it does have a small amount of violence compared to other video games and it has almost no sex compared to alot of pg-13 movies
Kid, 12 years old July 23, 2012

Common Sense Media, you don't understand kids.

This isn't really that bad of a game. I used to be terrified of gore, but I got over that, so I watched my dad play this game for a bit. There's barely any gore, just guns. As for the sexual activity... I watched a walkthrough online and saw a scene where Shepard (main character) and Miranda were making out. It felt awkward, but really, if you don't want your kid to see this just tell them not to pick a love interest in the game! It's just language that pushes it from "T" to "M". Otherwise it's easily a rated T game. Now let me explain my "positive role model" and "positive messages." Shepard can be a good dude and make all the right choices if you decide to be paragon, or be brutal if you're a renegade. Overall, this is a GREAT game.
Teen, 16 years old Written byJester™ May 9, 2012

Magnificent Finale to a Fantastic Trilogy!

Right off the bat, i am not one of those haters out there who give Mass Effect 3 a 3/10 because they weren't happy with the last 10 minutes of the end, regardless of the fantastic 30+ hours of gameplay prior to that. Mass Effect 3 is a stunning game. The story is brilliant, with lots of interaction and most certainly not linear. Bioware has done a very good job of bringing back the RPG elements of the game and balancing them evenly with combat. The game has stayed true to its roots with about 30% of the game being spent in conversations. In broadening the RPG elements, Bioware has also increased the violence. Enemies can now, with the right weapons, have their heads blown off or explode into meaty, bloody chunks. Headshots with sniper rifles are also instant kill against basic enemies. The romance is also back in a more mature form, and by mature i dont mean boobs and sex, but rather players now have to talk to their "love" interest in multiple scenes and with some characters the final romance scene is simply them talking and then implied sex. Some people claim this is Bioware dumbing it down, i think it is a mature approach to realtionships. Nudity and sex doesn't make it "mature" but is rather an immature approach to such things. Overall Bioware has made a fantastic game that is hands down my Game of the Year and for many good reasons. Mass Effect 3 is a must have for fans of science fiction, or those interested in a good story and interesting, wonderful characters.
Teen, 14 years old Written byharrydavies6 April 16, 2012

a good game

its defiantly the worst of the 3, but still a really good game, except its now to combat focused and lost some of the story the others had however its violent but not too bloody, there is sex but it is very light, and only skin is shown no nudity or anything, and there is swearing.
Kid, 12 years old March 9, 2012

Just incredible, 13+

This game is just too good for words. It goes beyond a game, it turns into an exhilirating, devastating adventure which you yourself will feel a part of. There's is a lot of gun violence with some blood but it isn't excessive. Language including a few uses of the F-word and some uses of the S-word and other not as bad swear words. As in the other 2 games you can get drunk, you can also end up in bed with one of your squad, nothing too graphic is shown though. I recommend this game whole-heartedly to anyone who's 13 and over or is a VERY mature 12 year old. PARENT WARNING: Near the beginning of the game Shepard sees a child get on a shuttle to escape the Reapers who are invading Earth, as the shuttle he's on takes off a Reaper destroys the ship with a laser, you may not want your child to see this scene.
Parent Written byConcerned Dads May 9, 2012

You can avoid it

I did not see what ersb was saying about the sexual situations I've played through the game multiple times and you can completely avoid the situations if the first time you talk to a character you come off mean.
Teen, 17 years old Written byzackaback April 27, 2012

BEST MASS EFFECT (ME) VIDEO GAME EVER, OK!!!!!!!!!!

Teen, 14 years old Written byTurbo taco February 18, 2013

Renegade for life

"If I must destroy you shepherd I will" "every one must be willing to die for this mission anything less your already dead" "go out there and give them hell" "hey joker, fu. As you can see I love this series and the ending was not bad if anything it was great it means more mass effect look into it bioware wouldn't spend Aton of money to make it then half ass the ending for no reason
Teen, 14 years old Written byPart II June 13, 2012

Awesome third game goes out with a big bang!

Lots of exciting big scale action fights, charecters stabbed, shot, fall off of buildings, crushed, lit on fire, have there heads bashed, and are sometimes blown up, the sniper rifle will abliterate a enimies head with a single shot. Theres a dark undertone driving a bleak story, where defeat seems inevitable. Theres also lots of swearing and some sex.
Teen, 15 years old Written byGamingPokemon May 17, 2012

LEARNING

Incredible game, highly recommended

To Kids: This is most certainly the best Mass Effect game i have played. The story is great, the combat and gameplay is incredible, and the overall experience of the game is probably the best i have ever played. Throughout the game you will step back, look at the clock, and think to yourself: have i really been playing for this long? I highly recommend this game to any kid whose parents will allow them to buy it. To Parents: This is a great game, but there are some things you need to be aware of. The first, and most obvious thing is the violence. This game requires you and your allies to shoot and kill people, aliens, and robots. However, although most of the gameplay is centered around combat, the violence is neither excessively gorey nor uncalled for. The premise of the game is that there is a race of sentient machines known as The Reapers whose goal is to "harvest" all life in the galaxy. All combat is based around the concept of saving humanity, and all the other races of the galaxy. There is an option to romance a crew member (the character you play serves as commander on the spaceship Normandy SR-2). However, although your character can have sex with the person you chose to romance, there is no nudity (aside from bare chests for men and a bra for women), and there is no way that you can be unfaithful to the person you chose. Men can romance other men and women can romance other women. It is possible to go through the entire game without romancing anyone. There is strong language throughout the game, but nothing a teenager couldn't deal with. F*** and S*** are used, as well as D**n and G*dd**n (more frequent), but swears are not used that often. The whole game requires you to make decisions that effect the galaxy around you. Your choices will also have a positive or negative effect on your crew as well as yourself (quite literally, the more of a "renegade" you are, the more scarred and disformed your face becomes), rewarding players who make good decisions and hindering players who make bad ones, turning the player him/herself into a positive role model. SPOILER ALERT (kids stop reading here if you are still reading): The ending of the game requires the player to make a choice, either destroy the Reapers, control them, or fuse all humans and synthetics together so that they can coexist (only available at certain military strengths). This was one of the most fulfilling endings to any game I have ever played, and i highly recommend that you allow your kid (if s/he is older than the age of 14) to play this game.
Teen, 16 years old Written byI_CanThinkForMyself April 11, 2012

We can think for ourselves

I belive that as kids (and Teens) in this modern age with some <---- keyword, parental guidence we are very capable of thinking for ourselves we are not mindless putty you have to mold in your hands. As for the game following what i just said anybody 14 or up should have the maturity to handle the situations it presents and we know just because a videogame has violence doesnt mean we should go pick a fight. The game is awesome though no matter what anyone says its a great game ;)
Kid, 12 years old April 7, 2012

Okay For Mature 12 Year Olds

Hello parents, I got Mass Effect 3 today as an early Easter gift for my PS3. It's a GREAT game. The problem is the swearing and sex. You can avoid the sex scenes by not talking to girls in your free time. The violence isn't an issue, really. There's a BIT of drinking, but that's fine. There are TONS of GREAT role models. Now, the sex. You can see skin, but not a whole bunch. You can easily avoid it, as I said above. The swearing is bad, uses of the f-word, s-word, and more, but if your kid plays a game like Blockland or something else, they're fine. Monitor the game, though. If you do not like it, tell them to stop playing it and put it on Kijiji or eBay. GREAT game though.
Adult Written byprimeian March 24, 2012

VERY GORY

Violence is really only the main issue in ME3. When using a sniper rifle, players can shoot off enemy heads and leave blood spewing out. Then there are other weapons the player can use to literally blow up bodies with. IT IS MESSY
Teen, 14 years old Written byjb321678 March 22, 2012

Brilliant. The best Mass Effect.

If you had read my review on mass effect 2 (I'm betting you haven't) you would know I'm a big fan of the Mass Effect games. And Mass Effect 3 is just another HUGE reason to get into the games. This game picks up from mass effect 2. (SPOILERS) Shepherd has left cerberus and joined the alliance. And now the new, evil threat the reapers are here to wipe out the galaxy. Mass Effect 3's story is brilliant. It has (in my opinion) the best story in all 3. Another great thing I must stress is voice acting. The voice acting is wonderful. Mass Effect 3 feels like your are at the movies but you make the big decisions as the main character. Thats another great thing about Mass Effect; How personal it is. In this game you choose how you respond to everything and each response and action determines what you are like and how people look at you. It's a fresh new way to play games and I'm telling you, I LOVE it. And also I must mention the gameplay. The gameplay is the best it has been. I already loved ME2's gameplay but ME3's feels smoother and is easier to play. I might be saying how great it is but there are some things to look out foor. There is some sexual content but that is OPTIONAL. You choose to be in a sexual relationship. The game does not make you and even if you do there is no nudity. Although, it is pretty sexual so avoid that. Also there is some language. The cursing has not evolved much from ME2. F*** is used few times. Other words like S***, B****, A**, and other words are used. These words are used not too constant but they are there. And there also is violence but its pretty mild compared to most M games. In reality it's no worse than a PG-13 movie. There you have it. ME3 is a wonderful game in many aspects but I think its one of those games saved for the teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKnowingly March 11, 2012

Nice addition to previous storyline

Great game! Defiantly a competitor for game of the year. Some blood but its not as bad as games like Call Of Duty. ME3 is also RPG meaning a deep story line is the main drive, not non-stop action and killing. Good for mature 13 year olds and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written byMalik1Saad2 July 7, 2015

Almost OK

Contains Intense Violence. Use of bad words like f--k and sh-t.Sexual themes but no nudity.Lil bit drinking and smoking. You can also do gay sex and lesbian sex in the game but if you only want to.There is no mission or objective that tolerate same gender sex.
Parent Written byChristmom2k15 July 3, 2015

Love it

Great game.
Adult Written bySafetymom17 June 29, 2015

Good

Fantasy violence, language, very nondescript sex scenes. That's essentially all you need to know.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 13, 2014

Fine is Ok

Cool game but not for anyone under 15. ESRB rated it M they are stupid bastards PEGI rated it 18 i think kick out there brains BBFC rated 15 they are right ones