All member reviews for Medal of Honor: Airborne

Next campaign in WWII 1st-person shooter series.

Teen, 13 years old Written byBpJohnny79 September 13, 2010

Paratroopers get new guns

Medal of Honor: Airborne is a fair game, well worth buying. It presents fictional battles during WWII that nevertheless play off of the main storyline. You take the place of an American paratrooper, who works to eliminate the Nazis. Airborne presents a useful upgrading system, where you can improve several weapons based on the number of kills you receive for each. The controls are familiar, but present some new functions that work like a charm, once you get used to them. I did see some small blood puffs, but took a keen eye to place them. The graphics for this game are fairly good, doing a very good job of using the environment and lighting to generate an atmosphere that, along with the soundtrack, fit Airborne like a glove. As for the gameplay itself, I want to say this--Casual is Casual, Normal is Normal, Veteran is Veteran. I highly suggest getting used to the game before advancing to higher levels. The enemies are also class-based--they certainly get tougher later in the game. This is perfectly exemplified by the deadly Nazi Storm Elite trooper, who wears a bulletproof vest, a gas mask, and walks calmly along while carrying a mini-gun. I will never encounter anything scarier in a game than walking around a corner to find myself face-to-face with this horror. All in all, Airborne is a good game, and is definitely worth buying, and is a perfect substitute for an M.
Kid, 12 years old November 14, 2010

great first person shooter

great first person shooter barely no blood it is suitable for 11 year olds and up i highly reccomend it for people over 11
Teen, 13 years old Written byP33lzHeer October 20, 2011

Shooter with a twist

The interesting thing about this game is that you start with a parachute drop in every mission. This allows you to open the game up a bit and gives you more options of how to get through a certain area. While this is certainly an interesting part of gameplay, the rest is pretty bog standard war shooting, 'Move towards objective, shoot enemies, destroy/capture/etc objective, final big objective, celebrate, level over'. Sadly, it's a very short game with only six missions for about 2 odd hours if your playing through once, maybe a few extra if your going for normal and expert difficulty , and the achievements and medals too. I can't blame EA really, as the airborne divisions in ww2 didn't do much till 1944. On the violence, language etc, the violence is surprisingly weak for a war shooter, hardly any blood, the only appearence with a slight squirt as they die. They cry in pain, but no gore or anything. On the guttermouth front, there is not much to be concerned about. You can hear mostly 'd*mn's and 'h*ll's. Theres also one moment when a soldier, seeing his comrades run over by a tank, calling the germans 'sons of b**ches'. All in all, not much bad stuff. Its an old game, so you may want to get more modern games like Call of Duty. Its quite educational though and a good subsitute for a violent game.
Parent Written byleslie77 August 10, 2011

Good game

It is an educational game that teach's kids about war. You just have to be careful my kid love's it but give him limits to the game.
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom June 23, 2010

Does not portray the brutality of world war, Fortunately.

Its not really a violent game, It doesn't relive the brutality which is fortunate. There is some blood when you shoot someone but they drop to the ground rather than spilling guts. It can be a bit educational too. Its actually a very educational game when you are playing missions, It relives World war without the guts. Language is alright and not much.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPurechaosman April 8, 2010

"It is good war is so terrible, otherwise we might come to like it." General E. Lee

I Think this is a fairly good game as it gives you places to run around in. The only downside, I played this when i was younger, and one time, a Nazi jumped up from behind his wall and ran at me. He started hitting me with his gun, and I still remember the look in his eyes. It was pure anger and hatred. I hate to say it but, I think that only kids 10 and up could handle it.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byJohn Fredo July 15, 2014

This game is a very great game for Kids and its educational

My son told me he wanted this game badly and so I decided to buy it for him. I watched him play it. It had amazing graphics and taught him a little about world war II. The game had no blood or swearing, which I was surprised by that. I would say this game is for ages 10+. To concluded this game was great for my son and I think you would enjoy this game.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Good war game

A moderatly violent game, but your doing it for a good cause. Teaches Kids what it was like to be a paratrooper.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydrwhudd March 18, 2011

Violence isn't too much of an issue

Now I am saying this as a Christian kid, and I think this game is great. The game is violent, as it is a WWII game, but it is not as violent as some other games out there like Call of Duty and such (which it is a good replacement for). Blood splatters are random events and are only seen on occaision. Swearing is not too bad. they only use a few swears thoughout the game, and minor ones at that (unless there are others I hadn't heard). The men in the game are good role models as they are jumping out of a plane into the middle of an enemy controlled city or such. I'm not going to promote this game for little kids (nine and younger) but i think it could be appropriate if the parents talk to them about the game.
Kid, 10 years old February 16, 2011
love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old November 5, 2009

Appropriate for ages 12+.

Medal of honor airborne is a great game in the massively over-done WWII genre. The educational value isn't all that school might offer, but it does teach the hardships and challenge of just surviving in WWII. The game's message is almost not there, and if it is then i can't find it, but the violence is frantic, esspecially on the expert difficulty setting. On the casual (easy) setting the game amounts to just endless slaughter of the evil Nazis until probably the third mission (Normandy). There is blood in this game, but not overly so, it usually sprays into the air and dissapears, but only when the enemy is dead and it doesn't splatter either. The only language in this game is mild like the box says, the worst language is usually tuned out by the plane (the very fist mission) and your fellow soldiers' yelling.The game looks generally great for a game made in 2007, and has few to no glitches, the best graphics are from the metal though, and it's made on the famous unreal engine(Batman:Arkham Asylum).
Teen, 13 years old Written byCountryballplayer January 16, 2015

Know your kid

I think this game is great. You just have to make sure your kid knows that the violence is fake. Also establish rules about playing online. It only makes it more difficult. There is no communication unless you plug in a headset.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDeceptiBonk March 15, 2014

Really good game

This game is personally, one of my favourite games. Violence: the violence in this game is pretty bad but not anything that a 10-12 year old can't handle. Gore: there is barely any gore in this game, as soon as you shoot someone all you see is just a flash of blood and then, it's gone. Sexuality:NNNOOONNNEE
Kid, 12 years old August 9, 2013

Medal of Honor: Airborne - Honor the Dead

One thing I want to get out of the way, this is a GREAT game, and the reviews critics have given it are quite unfair. Although it is short, with only 7 or 8 missions, each one has tons of replay value due to the skill drops and weapon load outs. There are also 3 difficulty levels, making it even more re-playable. OK, now that that is out of the way... This game gives a somewhat accurate depiction of World War II. The player controls Boyd Travers, one of the first members of the Airborne. While the soldiers are not real, they will fight and die for their country. The game has somewhat graphic violence, with splashes of blood when you hit an enemy and one disturbing scene where one of the soldiers in your squad gets shot and injured, as well as another who goes to save him, resulting in both being crushed by an enemy tank. In terms of language, you get the fair share of d**n as well as accurate slurs against the nazi opponents. The game has lots of explosions and may frighten younger kids, but it should be a-ok for preteens and up, as well as mature 10 or 11 year olds.
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2013

cool game

its not evan bad accept you can play xbox liveand people cuss lots on there
Teen, 13 years old Written bygamer man November 1, 2012
LEARNING

airborn

Not bad violence, bit of blood, my parents dont let me play cod but they let me play this
Kid, 12 years old September 8, 2012

Good WWII shooter with some violence.

Medal of Honor:Airborne is a fun, challenging shooter that kids and adults will like. It is violent, but there is hardly any blood and all the language is pretty mild. I would reccomend it for 11 and up, not because it is inapropriate but because it is too difficult for anyone under 10.
Kid, 12 years old April 28, 2012

Read

Not bad at all 10 times less violent than Cod
Kid, 12 years old January 25, 2012

MEDAL OF AWEASOME!

A VERY GREAT GAME.SORTA VIOLENT BLOOD CAN SPURT OUT OF A NAZIS HEAD IF SHOT OR STABED.LANGUAGE ISN'T BAD THERE IS THE B WORD BUT THAT IS IT.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPARENTS LISTEN TO ME December 20, 2011

cool game

good game little violence very fun turn volume down and then they will be fine!!