All member reviews for Medal of Honor: Warfighter

Gritty, realistic military shooter definitely not for kids.

Learning

Parent of a 13, 14, and 14 year old Written byLt.konopaseknavy January 4, 2014

Ok

I myself am a tier 1 operator as a navy seal currently I I personally have no problem with it it shows the reallistic side of what I do it shows kids how their country is defended how the bravery of doing what the military does is huge and overall letting them have respect for the military and knowing freedom isn't free and plus studies say that games are so influential on kids is a lie if that we're true we'd have a bunch of 30 something's going around eating mushrooms and kicking the crap out of turtles and video games don't cause violence bad parenting does its on you you need to know what your children can and can't handle
Parent Written byLauren1001 October 26, 2012

Not as Bad as I Thought

My son got this game several days ago on the release date. Medal of Honor was not a game that I was happy about giving my 13 year old son due to the fact that there are many studies that show these games can affect kids. But I have watched him play it and although there is a lot of swearing which I dislike. There is a huge amount of violence (it is a shooter) but the level of blood spurt and gore isn't as bad as some of his other shooting games like Battlefield 3 and Modern Warefare 3. The actual game is very nicely made and even I played it once because I had to test it before I let him play it and I have to admit that it wasn't too bad. I would recommend this game for 13 and over.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykid-teenrater23 April 29, 2013

Moh wf for kids?????

This game is not that bad for kids except for multiplayer
Teen, 14 years old Written byAgent663 November 3, 2012

Do not play! It sucks!

This game is horrible. No one should play it. It is derivative in every way in an already over saturated modern shooter market. This series should've stayed in WWII.
Kid, 9 years old July 29, 2013

beeeeeesssssssstttttt gggggaaaaaammmmeeee eeevvveerrr.

awesome game honestly i think it's for seven and up
Teen, 16 years old Written byXbox360Gamer March 11, 2013
LEARNING

Medal of Honor Warfighter: a game that shows the cause and effects of the war world

I'll start off by saying this game really is not as terrible as people try to make it out to be simply because the box doesn't have the most popular shooter franchises on the front of it. Regardless, that doesn't mean it is necessarily a ground breaking must-buy shooter either. For the price it is now (around $20) it is worth the play through, even if you don't have an online gaming service such as xbox live. Content wise, there's not much to worry about aside from language and violence - characteristic of the first person shooter category. Words such as f*** are used in heated situations and there is the frequent shooting of other humans, but never ones that don't pose a threat to your character. The killing itself isn't portrayed in a gory way or extremely bloody in any means, and I would be willing to say it is less bloody or gory than call of duty, and around the level of battlefield 3. But, the story does feature a few intense moments in which, if the story has done its job and has established an emotional connection with your character and those around them, will tug your heart strings (I don't want to spoil the story or anything but consider it the rather unfortunate death of a much loved comrade). What truly motivates me to give this game a 4 out of 5 would be the cause and effect no other game i've played has featured. It displays the cause of war and violence, but also the effect on everyone in it. It shows the heart breaking loss... the fear of what could come out of this terrorist movement... the effect on a man's family and kids from being away for so long... It brings a meaning to the game, rather than simply blockbuster glorified kill this terrorist to save the world from a possible nuclear bomb because if you don't it will explode... and will kill people that you will never meet or know like every other game. So, for that, along with top notch graphics (the same or better than battlefield 3), with competitive multiplayer on par with other games of the genre and a unique story line, this game is worth a look.
Parent Written bygredsed November 3, 2012

not that bad

It is very good.
Adult Written byeliram874 June 9, 2014

don't buy it

too violent you can cut the muslims lower area in half even though you do not see it splitting you can see the ax hitting those areas and how it moves down. there is a sacriligious element where you also in a mission on the phillipines order an artellery strike on the church where terrorist are on the top. this is not a Christian game. and there is way too many profanities almost from all kinds
Teen, 15 years old Written byROLL-TIDE August 4, 2013

Really good campaign!

This is a really good game. I haven't played multiplayer so I can say about it but the campaign is really good. Uses of f$&k and $h!t in heated situations and one GD. Overall it's a good game. Good for 13/14 and up
Kid, 12 years old February 22, 2013

Awesome, Amazing Game!

AMAZING! I don't know why people give this game bad reviews. I thought it was awesome! The campaign is one of the best I've played in a long time! The multiplayer could have been a little better, but it was still great. Obviously, the graphics are awesome, and the characters and moments are very memorable. If you don't have it, get it now!
Parent Written byCarol Gamba February 11, 2013

Medal of Honor

The game is well made. At first I was because of the ESRB rating, but in all fairness the game is fake he realizes that and I do too. You must understand your child and how he would be affected by this.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCaped Cd October 29, 2012

To be honest....

The game isn't as bad as people say. Now, while in no way whatsoever can I say that this game isn't filled with violence and swearing, it really depends on who you are and how you deal with things if you like this game. Some people my age can deal with the violence and recognize that it is just fake. Others, I couldn't imagine them playing this. Know who is getting this game, and how they react to things. I think 13 and up is a good age rating.
Parent Written byMary Hutchinson December 3, 2013

I think it is ok for kids twelve and up

I am a pediatric nurse for a living, but first I am a mother. I got this for my thirteen year old son and he really enjoyed it. It does say the F- word once or twice in heated situations but is hardly audible. Like I said the F-word is hardly audible and it does say sh-t once and again it is hardly audible. I truly do recommend this game for 12-13 years old. There is some blood but it doesn't spurt out on every shot, and I think the violence wouldn't be too much for a 10 year old. I highly recommend this for kids 12-13 as it guides you through the heart warming tale of a soldier coming home to his family.
Teen, 14 years old Written bywhaustin99 August 29, 2013