All member reviews for Mercenaries 2: World in Flames

Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2015

Know Your Child!

My mom let me get this game a couple months ago and she was hesitant about it because of the violence. The game is about killing enemies with guns and grenades. You also hijack helicopters and cars. But there is no blood or sexual content, just violence and mild language like d---, h---, p----- and a--. Just know your child!
Teen, 13 years old Written bygamer521 July 5, 2009

Fine for kids over 11

Great game for kids about 11+. Yeah, you hear a few swear words every once in a while, but where do kids 11+ not hear swearing? School, TV, and video games are associated with "bad words", so just face it. Being a teen gamer myself, I would be comfortable having my mom watching me play the game, and my mom is VERY VERY strict. Overall, good game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 May 2, 2013

A great game, and pretty age appropriate overall!

Mercenaries 2, is a fun and more age appropriate shooter. The game has such aspects that it would attract many boys young or old. The game contains shootings and Hijackings, but no blood. The worst violence is some people fly in the air if shot with a tank, but no limbs loss or blood. The language is overall mild, and it has some tobacco references including some alcohol. Fun game for any boy. If this were rated as movies are rated it would be PG-13: Violence including Destruction, Some Drinking and Smoking, and some language.
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2012

space filler

this game has lots of cussing, but it can't be heard if muted, and you can turn the voice volume off. This is a must buy if you like open world games and destruction. There are pictures of characters with alcahol and cigars, but it doesn't offer the chance to use these. violence isn't exactly over the top but it is immoral. You can virtually ruin the lives of people who are your friends, and you actually get cash by, say, strapping a bomb on a car and speeding it into an oil storage system. you can also go on a virtual killing spree by killing tons of civillians, but it costs you money. The destruction and lack of morals always made me feel guilty, but it is a fun game none the less, but its good for playing without volume
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2012

Definetly two thumbs up. Great job, Pandemic!

Mercenaries is a great open world shooter that should be ok for 11 and up. It has violence, smoking, and quite a bit of mild language, but nothing too innapropriate. It is also pretty frustrating, but it's not insanely hard. If you are looking for a good shooting game, get Mercs 2.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper kid March 15, 2012

Mercenaries 2 is great

it is a great game and i think that its perfect for my kid i also recommend call of duty and dead island their is only mild cussing like d**n and H**l and i also recommend mercenaries play ground of destruction
Kid, 11 years old December 14, 2011

Good Open-World Shooter.

Mercenaries 2 is one of the awesomest games I have ever played. It is pretty violent though. You shoot and throw grenades at people and you can kill civillans. The language is mainly h--l and d--n, but they are used constantly sometimes, and there is one charachter that is seen smoking throughout the entire game, and there is another charachter who laughs when he kills people sometimes.
Kid, 11 years old July 19, 2011

100% awesome(ok maybe 80% awesome)

Mercs 2 is tight, but I kind of think it should be rated M. You can run over civilans while smoking, for example. One guy laughs when he kills people(sometimes). Watch out its hard though.
Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2011

ok the game is fun to play but parents wont let kids play. when i was ten i played it you can turn the blood off but not the language. if you dont like the language turn the sound off its not that hard
Kid, 10 years old March 19, 2011

AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOMMMMMMEEEEE!

Its a really fun game, and not as bloody as other action games. There is some iolence like exploisions, hand to hand combat, shooting tanks, hijacking speedboats, and sniping, but it is still ok for anyone above eleven.
Kid, 12 years old March 10, 2011

12+ depending on what your parent allows you to have

This game is pretty cool. I am borrowing from a friend and my brother has gotten really far in the campaign. Its fun to just drive around in sports bikes and other cars, but the campaign is cool too. There is a lot of violence for a T game, including all sorts of weapons to shoot, from pistol to RPG, and many different kinds of explosions. There is no blood or else this game may earn an M rating. Language is limited, sort of, to a--, d-mn, h-ll, and b---ard. The language is mild, but sometimes when you are fighting soldiers will say all at one "its the mercenary who got shot in the a--. we are getting shot the h--l out of." and Chris (who you can chose to be) sometimes says "d--n, i need a new ride" when you crash your car. I still like it though.
Kid, 10 years old September 18, 2010

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BEST GAME EVER
Teen, 13 years old Written byDinkusPony July 2, 2010

Really fun and it never gets old. Is very violent though.
Teen, 14 years old Written bycambrun May 23, 2010

Fine for any one 10 and up.

the game was fun but it did have some bad parts, like smoking.
Teen, 15 years old Written byIndian76 May 1, 2010

Its a good game!

Well, to be honest, the cover doesn't give you the best impression. It is a violent game, but not as violent as other games out there. I have this game and have played it to death. If you think its bad because they say "d--n" then your being hypocritical, because I bet everyone who reads this review has said it before. I think if you are honsetly concerned that its too violent, then rent it and see for your self that its not all bad. I would give this game a 10/10 no matter how you look at it.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDENJMB April 15, 2010

like a military toned down version of grand theif auto

first of all this game is a grand theif auto style game and whene i say that i meen its a sandbox game not a game with sex swearing and all that stuff.the game has plenty of violence but no blood and gore. you can hijack cars helicopters and boats and your charector does it in a violent way,like reepydetly smashing a door on a guys head but it is just a game.the swearings not that bad,you will still here a couple of uses of a$$ and hell or damb. one character carrys a cigar around in his mouth.over all its like a military toned down version of grand theif auto
Teen, 17 years old Written byBlodStab February 22, 2010

its good and edusactional
Teen, 16 years old Written byjazzfan4 December 29, 2009

In this game you are a mercenary who's main goal is to make money. This is an open world game where you can do just about anything you want as you have the stuff. One of the characters is always smoking a cigar and there are some missions where you are supposed to drive rum to a party. The biggest issue is the violence though, you have an entire arsenal of weaponry, going anywhere from RPGs, Pistols, Grenades, and my personal favorite, the C4. You can plant C4 just about anywhere and it will bring it down. You can blow up just about anything you want, the effects are incredible. You can also take cars from civilians and you can also light a car on fire and have it explode. There is absolutely no blood, or gore, and no sex or even suggestive themes.
Teen, 14 years old Written byallo December 19, 2009

Anbody over 11.

Good game.
Kid, 11 years old September 26, 2009

Perfect for any kid who understands war.

I think this game is one of the best i've ever played, and should not be thought of as a bad game, just because it's called Mercenaries. VERY FUN!