All member reviews for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Philosophical action game definitely for adults.

Kid, 12 years old August 17, 2010

Awesome game

Snake is awesome in this awesome game
Teen, 15 years old Written byIsItgoodORnot June 5, 2010

One of the best games i've ever played!

Here's what MGS4 has to offer: -Incredible graphics -Easy controls -Perfect voice acting -An amazing storyline -A stunning soundtrack -Fun gameplay -and memorable characters. SPOLIERS: It's the only game I know where two old guys fighting can be so badass.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkaterkidd92 April 26, 2010

good for young teens

12 year olds should be able to play it because the blood can be turned off and there is barely any swear words
Parent of a 17 year old Written byPirate fan February 14, 2010

Probaley the best game ever!!!!!

As you can see i havent rated this game because i have not played it. It looks awesome and i really wanted to say for all the metal gear games (ive played 1-3) that theyre not that bad. I mean a game thats awesome and teaches the some what younger kids (10+) that smoking is bad. And because of the reviews im rating this game 5 stars which ive rated the third one. Message to all parents: metal gear is bascily a sneking game with some voilence.
Teen, 13 years old Written bytommy18 January 3, 2010

You can turn blood off.

This game is ok for 13+ if blood is turned off. Its a fine game and there is nothing else wrong with it. Apart from a few swear words which I hear at school everyday. Its not bloomin bad.
Kid, 11 years old November 28, 2009

Some kids could play it if its okay with there parents.

The game has fantastic gameplay. A great story, and i felt bad for snake since his age gets older fast than normal age growth. during installing screens it shows that you should take a break a hour for 15-20 minutes and tells you to put litter in its place and so on. the games controls are pretty complicated at first but you will get used to them, but you probably wont master them till your second playthrough. the games graphics are amazing, i can't believe people can do this. this game is a superb action game is highly recommended for action lovers, shooter lovers *you can also go in first person mode, only when you have a weapon*, adventure lovers.
Kid, 11 years old October 5, 2009
Adult Written bySon Gokuo September 20, 2009

Greatest in the franchise

Very good story line and graphics. Not suitable for younger gamers.
Teen, 13 years old Written byremmub June 1, 2009

AWSOME GAME!!!!

graphics are AMAZING!! this game is one of my favorites! the blood you can turn off, so thats not a problem. if you REALLY dont want to see anything bad of hear any bad words you can skip through the movies.
Kid, 9 years old April 13, 2009

For goodness sakes people!!!!

Ok, if all you adults out there are like "blood?I do not like my kids playing games that have blood.". It is POWDER!!!!! still,you can buy this game!
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2009

One of the Best games ever, But not as good as 3

First, I have to say, this game blew me away when I first played it. Improved Controls, Aiming, Graphics(by far), online and characters. The Plot, and Gameplay, are very good, but I just didn't find it as wonderful as MGS3. Metal Gear Solid 4 really isn't that bad for an M Rated title: There's blood and Violence, but it aint the bad, and the blood can be turned off. There's the occasional swear, when nessesary, and there's a bit of sexuality, but nothing a 4th grader hasn't seen. If you have a PS3, get this. If you have a friend who has a PS3 and this, sleep over at his. If you don't have a PS3, Get one, whith this! 9.8/10(Rounded to 5/5)
Adult Written bysupermalc25 December 24, 2008

MGS4 is the best game on the PS3. Hands Down!!!

MGS4 ROCKS!!!! it is the only reason I bought the PS3!!! I think that says it all.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bysonicfan125 December 20, 2008

Tsk, Tsk, Nintendo.

Putting a M rated enviornment (metal gear) in a T rated game (BRAWL!!!!!) WHAT THE HECK!?!?
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2008

Great Game

MGS4 is an epic title, as soon as you start the game you feel like you are making a difference in the MGS world. I have to admit, the graphics in the game kick A*S. You feel immersed in a real warzone, or forest or eastern european town for example. The story in this game is amazing, even if you have never played a MGS game before (like me) you'll imediatly catch on to the storyline. Now, my absolute favorite part of this game has to be the online play. You can play with up to 16 people at the same time. My favorite mode online is TD (team deathmatch) where there are two teams and you have to be very strategic about your position. Some maps work better for sniping and some work better for SMG and Assault Rifles and Handguns. Overall i give this game a 10/10, konami, this is your best title yet!!!
Adult Written byRealKid22 November 14, 2008

Read this Review to get an actual unbiased opinion

Metal Gear a series which can either bloody and violent or very light on violence. The game functions as a player influenced game where from game number 2 you can either by a sly sneaky unnoticed spy or a bloody sadistic murderer. Game one will be the only game where you don't have the option to not kill someone, the technology was not there in 1998. However when it came out for the Ps2 you were given the option to not kill a single person in the game. Now you are supposed to be a sneaky spy and not to be detected each time you kill someone in the game you will be noticed more and more and the game gets harder. You are also able to find a lot more weapons that are non deadly than deadly most of the time, and the more people you kill the more in game cell phone calls appear calling the character a monster. Every time you kill someone in the game you will get a bad rating and upon the games completion you will get a rating and that can either get you the player a whole bunch of cool items to use during the games completion or a rating that makes you seem idiotic IE: Crocodile one of the worst ratings in the game, because you are only a killer and not stealthy unlike the FOX rating the best you can get in the game. The reason a lot people do not like the game is because the main protagonist doubts himself and calls himself a savage killer. The games hero is a person he does not like to kill anybody but will if it is only absolutely necessary. In fact i have played this series without having to kill anybody unless I the player have messed up and alerted the enemy. The swearing is usually kept to a minimum in the game so that it self is not a major problem, but the ones that do pop out are usually kept pretty much the ones you here on the show HOUSE but most of the times the actual swear is kind of drowned out by sound effects and gun fire. Blood and Health a major portion that has been up graded in the third game, where the first aid is as medially realistic as possible, comma but play the game right you won't even have to visit this part of the game and the blood can even be turned off in the options menu of the game. I believe i have covered the main parts of the game if you feel the need for any further explanation of anything of the game please comment so and RealKid22 will post.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymuffinman April 9, 2008
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

SO COOL!

I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH I PLAY IT EVERY DAY! I LOVE IT! ITS SOOO COOL!!!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byA Baby April 9, 2008

Should be rated inbetween a T and an M

I love this game and found it incredibly fun. I thought this game should be rated inbetween an M rating and a T.