All member reviews for Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

Philosophical action game definitely for adults.

Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written byKevin Quire November 27, 2009

Fine for anyone 11+

I really don't understand why this game received a Mature rating, violence and sexual themes are not a problem in this game. There are small blood splatters here and there and maybe a curse word or two, but this game is not as bad as the ESRB made it out to be. I would recommend it to anyone eleven and up.
Kid, 11 years old October 5, 2009
Adult Written bySon Gokuo September 20, 2009

Greatest in the franchise

Very good story line and graphics. Not suitable for younger gamers.
Parent of a 12 and 14 year old Written bythunder1 July 12, 2009

Fine for 10 and up.

Ok. says this is only appropriate for kids 17 and up. Thats not true in the most. I have a 12 year old kid (just turned 12 not to long ago) played this. I played with to make sure nothing to bad was in the game. We played through the hole game and I didn't have to stop it once. Violence:Theres a little blood. You can find this much blood in e games now these days. Yes there are games but go see transformers and there are guns. Violence 9 and up (also blood can be turned off) Drugs: Snake does smoke but go outside of walmart and people are smoking. Drugs 5 and up. Sexual violence: All you see at one point his a girl wearing a bikini. Turn the tv on to a kids show on tv such as icarly and The main character carly wheres a bikini (swimsuit but same thing) at one episode. I think Icarly is worse then the "sexual themes" in Metal gear solid 4. The rest is ok. 10 and up and this is fine.
Teen, 13 years old Written byremmub June 1, 2009

graphics are AMAZING!! this game is one of my favorites! the blood you can turn off, so thats not a problem. if you REALLY dont want to see anything bad of hear any bad words you can skip through the movies.
Kid, 9 years old April 13, 2009

For goodness sakes people!!!!

Ok, if all you adults out there are like "blood?I do not like my kids playing games that have blood.". It is POWDER!!!!! still,you can buy this game!
Kid, 12 years old March 20, 2009

One of the Best games ever, But not as good as 3

First, I have to say, this game blew me away when I first played it. Improved Controls, Aiming, Graphics(by far), online and characters. The Plot, and Gameplay, are very good, but I just didn't find it as wonderful as MGS3. Metal Gear Solid 4 really isn't that bad for an M Rated title: There's blood and Violence, but it aint the bad, and the blood can be turned off. There's the occasional swear, when nessesary, and there's a bit of sexuality, but nothing a 4th grader hasn't seen. If you have a PS3, get this. If you have a friend who has a PS3 and this, sleep over at his. If you don't have a PS3, Get one, whith this! 9.8/10(Rounded to 5/5)
Adult Written byGeoff. January 13, 2009

What are you other adults thinking?

This game is M...sure, but think about the education that the other kids/teenagers will learn from the game.MGS4 is just as violent as MGS3, except when your blood splats on your screen (but that only happens if you suck) come on parents, let your kids live a little. your friendly neighborhood reviewer..Geoff
Adult Written bysupermalc25 December 24, 2008

MGS4 is the best game on the PS3. Hands Down!!!

MGS4 ROCKS!!!! it is the only reason I bought the PS3!!! I think that says it all.
Parent of a 13 year old Written bysonicfan125 December 20, 2008

Tsk, Tsk, Nintendo.

Putting a M rated enviornment (metal gear) in a T rated game (BRAWL!!!!!) WHAT THE HECK!?!?
Kid, 12 years old November 15, 2008

Great Game

MGS4 is an epic title, as soon as you start the game you feel like you are making a difference in the MGS world. I have to admit, the graphics in the game kick A*S. You feel immersed in a real warzone, or forest or eastern european town for example. The story in this game is amazing, even if you have never played a MGS game before (like me) you'll imediatly catch on to the storyline. Now, my absolute favorite part of this game has to be the online play. You can play with up to 16 people at the same time. My favorite mode online is TD (team deathmatch) where there are two teams and you have to be very strategic about your position. Some maps work better for sniping and some work better for SMG and Assault Rifles and Handguns. Overall i give this game a 10/10, konami, this is your best title yet!!!
Adult Written byRealKid22 November 14, 2008

Read this Review to get an actual unbiased opinion

Metal Gear a series which can either bloody and violent or very light on violence. The game functions as a player influenced game where from game number 2 you can either by a sly sneaky unnoticed spy or a bloody sadistic murderer. Game one will be the only game where you don't have the option to not kill someone, the technology was not there in 1998. However when it came out for the Ps2 you were given the option to not kill a single person in the game. Now you are supposed to be a sneaky spy and not to be detected each time you kill someone in the game you will be noticed more and more and the game gets harder. You are also able to find a lot more weapons that are non deadly than deadly most of the time, and the more people you kill the more in game cell phone calls appear calling the character a monster. Every time you kill someone in the game you will get a bad rating and upon the games completion you will get a rating and that can either get you the player a whole bunch of cool items to use during the games completion or a rating that makes you seem idiotic IE: Crocodile one of the worst ratings in the game, because you are only a killer and not stealthy unlike the FOX rating the best you can get in the game. The reason a lot people do not like the game is because the main protagonist doubts himself and calls himself a savage killer. The games hero is a person he does not like to kill anybody but will if it is only absolutely necessary. In fact i have played this series without having to kill anybody unless I the player have messed up and alerted the enemy. The swearing is usually kept to a minimum in the game so that it self is not a major problem, but the ones that do pop out are usually kept pretty much the ones you here on the show HOUSE but most of the times the actual swear is kind of drowned out by sound effects and gun fire. Blood and Health a major portion that has been up graded in the third game, where the first aid is as medially realistic as possible, comma but play the game right you won't even have to visit this part of the game and the blood can even be turned off in the options menu of the game. I believe i have covered the main parts of the game if you feel the need for any further explanation of anything of the game please comment so and RealKid22 will post.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymuffinman April 9, 2008
Adult Written byJefferry April 9, 2008

M? For what?

I have a 12 and 14 year old son. They both desperately wanted this game for their playstation 3. Even though I have never let a rated M game get beyond the front door, I decided to try it out. So I rented it and play through it for a couple days. This is my ratings. Violence: IF blood is turned of (which I required to let my children play it) then its less violent then uncharted, heavenly sword, and warhawk. half of the time you dont even kill enemies, you tranquilize them, knock them out, or just sneak by them. Sexually content: I noticed nothing harmful to anyone 10+ Language: Lets put it this way, you here more swears at a day of school then in this entire game. Message: The main character is saving the world from a dictator who is trying to control the whole planet. So overall, if you kid is 15+ and getting good grades and does get agressive, I think you should let them perchase this game. Also keep in mind that if blood is turned off, then it probably would be a T game.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byA Baby April 9, 2008

Should be rated inbetween a T and an M

I love this game and found it incredibly fun. I thought this game should be rated inbetween an M rating and a T.

i think i cleared it up right there but it is quite awesome yet it can entertain just as much as it can offend due to strong language and intense violence. so i think the crude humor line is just a lot of bulls*** so my rating m for blood, intense violence, strong language,mild suggestive themes
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

very good storyline but a little to many cut scense only if you did not like the story line. over all easly 5 stars. oh ya great graghics. GET IT.