All member reviews for Metro 2033

Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 February 27, 2012

Awesome.

This game dwells more on scares than violence and blood to scare players,but still when it happens,it happens in copious amounts.I play this game 8-15 hours a week so I have time for more games but this is still an awesome game.The tension and suspense makes it one of the scariest outer space games,but if you want gory,try Dead Space.If you want scary,try Amnesia:The Dark Descent.I play that game a lot and though I am an extremely hardcore player with nerves of titanium,that gave me a couple of jump ups.Try that and see whether you'll be able to sleep the night.Great suspense and terror in space.
Teen, 15 years old Written bycross_breed March 22, 2010

If you are a casual gamer, you will absolutely not enjoy Metro 2033; only the hardcore need apply. However, those who enjoy games such as Fallout 3, BioShock, and (especially) Half Life, will love Metro. It's a very difficult game, and the progression feels almost exactly like that of Half Life. Almost the entire game is told from Artyom's first person perspective, much like Gordon Freeman. The only problems with the game are, one, a very poor shooting mechanic. Most of the monsters feel like bullet sponges, and good luck getting through a big crowd of them. For instance, the automatic shotgun a weapon that should feel heavy and visceral, and also do catastrophic damage, does not feel drastically different from a basic submachine gun. The other problem is some troublesome visual glitches. It has some really bad screen taring as well as some frame rate slowdown and texture popping. The bad, however, pales in comparison to the good. The atmosphere is stone cold amazing. You truly feel like you are living in a true to life post apocalyptic world. All of the little things are what bring it to life, the requirement to change out filters in your gas masks, the sounds of hustle and bustle in a market square, the rowdy guffaw of men drinking, the frenzied screams of a man getting attacked by a monster, a telltale bloodstain on the wall, the ominous bark of a monster calling its friends; it's all of these factors melded into one that makes Metro 2033 one of the most immersive games I've ever played. Definitely a should-not-miss for the hardcore crowd. Now, if your child wants Metro (which, odds are, he doesn't), here's what I've seen so far of the content. There is blood when you shoot a person or a monster. Bullet holes and wounds show up on enemies. Action is tense, but not overly bloody. In fact, the fights with humans are quite slow paced indeed. The one part that can get fairly intense is when a monster pins you down and you have to stab it in the head to kill it. This is rather graphic. There is a point where you are propositioned by a prostitute, who you can buy. The language is rougher than I'd expected. There's a good many f--k's and s--t's, but that shouldn't be too big a problem. All in all, you're younger kids probably don't want Metro, but if they do, the difficulty will drive them insane, so only mature older teens and adults need apply.
Kid, 11 years old August 1, 2010

Good for some, not for all

Some downs, some ups. Looks good, though. Hardcore gamers will like this first person shooter. I also recommend reading the book because it gets a lot of the story straight.
Kid, 11 years old July 1, 2010

the game is great since it is very fun to play the characters say f**k, s**t, mudaf**ker and w***er
Kid, 12 years old June 16, 2010

Not a great game

I only played about 5 to 10 minutes of this game because it is so bad. It is hard for the xbox 360. I shot the aliens/monstersw about 20 times and it would not die. The story is good but the game is bad. Dont buy it!!!
Kid, 11 years old May 13, 2010

look s cool

its like awesome very simular 2 half life source
Teen, 17 years old Written byperfectlysane April 8, 2010

Good for adults and kids with mental age of ~15, if they enjoy a game with a heavy focus on a good story

Metro is a good game. Easiest way to describe it would be calling it a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. game with the freedom changed into the storyline. Though it is nowhere near as boring as Bioshock and "Fallout" 3, they do have similarities. Artyom, as a character, is a good man. He does what he must, though both of the endings are a little off-setting.