All teen and kid member reviews for Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Teen, 13 years old Written bySovaso March 10, 2012

An Awesome Adventure

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption is a great game for teens and some mature pre-teens. It uses the Wii software and has amazing graphics and game play. Overall, I was quite impressed with Nintendo and Retro Studios. However, there is a little bit of bad content. Keep in mind that Samus (the main character) is a girl. One thing to note is that this game is a first-person-shooter game (or FPS). However, the game focuses more on puzzles and adventuring than shooting (as opposed to C.O.D). The game relays the message that good always overpowers evil, and also to fight for what you know and love. Samus is a great role-model for a couple of reasons. First, she fights for the good side even when her friends are overpowered by the "evil corruption" mentioned throughout the game. She also makes it a priority to stay away from the evil corruption. This game is a FPS so therefore it is violent. Little blood is shown in the game and the robot Space Pirates that you are killing don't scream in agony when they are defeated. Also, during one cut-scene Samus takes off her helmet and pukes. The commander that gives you a mission at the beggining of the game uses the word "d*mn". This is strange because in general, Nintendo stays away from bad language. At least he only uses the word once at the beginning. Parts of the game can get frustrating such as saving Norion from the meteor and bypassing "fuel gel" on Bryyo. These are all quick and take little time though and remember that you can usually get a hint from pressing the 2 button. Other that this some areas can be ominous yet beautiful such as Skytown, Elysia and Bryyo's Thorn Jungle. Overall, content: 13+. Gameplay and fun factor 10/10. Don't pass it up!
Teen, 17 years old Written bylarry6870 June 13, 2009

good game

obviously some of the people who have played this game can not appreciate how much fun the metroid series is. Metroid is on of the most successful franchises in video games and the whole point of the game is to find the items you need to progress in the game. The violence is not even a issue in this game but I still believe the 2 games prior to this are better and show the aliens more vividly but all and all this is a good game
Kid, 9 years old November 18, 2011

D= boring D=

borin
Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2010

great game but violent but it is still a great game

i loved this game when i got this game for my wii game rocked but there was a thing that made me wanna stop playing they took out the multiplayer from prime 2 whell still i love the story great controls one of the best games on the wii but there is a big red flag that poped up the violents is everywhere but it still a very great game one of my favs on the wii buy it now
Kid, 12 years old September 23, 2009

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

I think it's totaly fine. anyone 9+ should be aloud to play it. there is no blood. the box my say it but not not visable. there is shooting and a lot of it, but it's not even a big deal. I's only abig laser that attacks the creature. overall: 9+
Teen, 14 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Great game for metroid fans

This is probably my favorite 1st person shooter. Of course there's fighting, but it's only aliens and there's no blood. The T rating is probably good, though, just because there is a lot of searching, problem solving, and backtracking, and young kids might get bored. Otherwise, a good pick.
Teen, 14 years old Written byBob129 April 9, 2008

Best Metroid Game i've played

Oh and CSM the grafics arn't cartoonish thet're beutiful Next-Gen Grafics. The violence in the game is the same as the other ones but With going to other planets freely and fighting side by side with other com. caracters gives it more of an epic feel. Sure it's not Halo but still a great shooter.
Teen, 17 years old Written bypantsman523 April 9, 2008

A great first person adventure

The first thing to note about this game is that it is a first person adventure, not shooter. The focus of this game is slightly more puzzle solving than shooting. I would recomend that the player of this game to be 12+ due to the difficulty of the puzzles as well a the minimal violence. As to the actual shooting, you use beams, missiles, and bombs. The bodies disappear when they are killed and there is a minimal amount of blood. The controls are awkward if this is the first 1st person viewpoint game on the Wii. After you get over that, it has some of the best controls I've seen in a long time. The graphics push the Wii's limit and are artistically great. Another thing to note is that the CS note states that you can play online. This is not true. The only interaction online is you are able to send to your friends (the list off of the console) the vouchers you earn during the game. More stuff can be unlocked, like a screen shot tool, and it is no way dangerous. Note for anyone who does not know, but cares. Samus is a woman.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaptain April 9, 2008

you're shooting aliens that don't bleed... how is it bad or near to it?

this a nintendo game, which means that it is reated very carefully and has been tested and observed by parents before its release. It is rated teen, as in over 13 years old. Let your kid have this game if he is over 13. That's how the system works. 13+ is ok if your kid is 13+ years old. See? Kinda cool huh? Weird how that works... >_<
Teen, 13 years old Written byTyronBash2219 July 18, 2015

Retro does it again

This fps nintendo and retro studios has put out to the world while not being the best in the trilogy stands well on its own two legs by introducing good while somewhat quirky voiceacting for such a serious game and one of the best usages of motion controls on the Wii. Also some of the best graphics on the Wii and is about as violent as newer zelda games and has some dark and frightening themes as samus has to fight her alter ego and her own inner corruption
Teen, 13 years old Written byCrazy Reviewer July 2, 2014

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

As I am playing though the trilogy version of this game and going to 100% it. I can this game while is mainly a puzzle game/ FPS but is not like COD or the like no blood, And swearing. Kill bad guy's such as space pirates space PIRATES you have a thing called hyper mode it give imminence powers but in exchange for life. All and All pretty good game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBlackParade42 April 3, 2014

The darkest of the Metroid Prime trilogy.

I've been a fan of the Metroid Prime games ever since I played the first one at the age of 7. After playing this one, I found that it is probably the most dark of the series. Like any other Metroid game or any other first-person shooter, there is LOTS of violence. All the enemies you fight are strange alien creatures, and some of them may disturb younger children. There is a lot of blood but it is very animated and not realistic in the slightest. Though upon dying in the game, we see a growing pool of blood, assumed to be that of the character you play, but it is not very graphic. During the whole game your character is being corrupted by a radioactive substance, and we frequently see cut scenes of the substance growing larger inside the character's body, but then again, it is not graphic or detailed, but the idea is dark and slightly disturbing. The story overall is dark, and a little bit sad (I won't explain the sad bits due to spoilers.). I would recommend it for 11 year-olds who aren't particularly disturbed by alien creatures, unrealistic blood splatter, and dark themes. Other than that, it's a great game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySol9000 September 16, 2012

LEARNING

Impressions I'm getting here

I'm going the play the game after I make this review, but here's something I want you all to know: First off, CSM (Common Sense Media), I'm pretty sure you'd think the game was less difficult (and therefore more kid friendly) if you used something I like to call "Hyper Mode." In Hyper Mode, you spend one energy tank to boost your Attack and Defense tremendously. It has a time limit, but the health packs the enemies you defeat drop will prolong you time in Hyper Mode. Bosses? Pfft. Hyper Mode. Because of this, I think the age rating being iffy for 14-year-olds is Waffle. Second, How Come I can't see why Violence has a 3 and such. Please Explain.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystvn8or July 6, 2012

Amazing. Only for mature kids 10+

In a nutshell, this is one of Nintendo's greatest successes
Kid, 11 years old May 31, 2011

Diss

Okay fps but not so good game RENT only
Teen, 13 years old Written byJustino4 April 25, 2011

Cussing and Violence

There is major shooting creature violence basically through the whole entire game, which is why the game is rated T. There is also some cussing present, but isn't as serious as the violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe online sign... August 6, 2010

Phazon enhanced

Way better then others, so don't let the first person shooter scare you off Its fun, but real tricky. Careful around enemies.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywyvern986 December 4, 2009

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

The Metroid Prime series is truly an amazing series of games. I've played and beaten Metroid Prime 1 and 2 for the GameCube and 3 for the Wii. All three games have stunning graphics, amazing plots, the best female protagonist ever, diverse levels and creatures, and great elements of solving puzzles. This particular installment is on the Wii which means...motion controls!! And let me tell you, this really adds to the game. I definitely recommend this game and series to anyone who enjoys playing video games and is somewhat bright!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymjetter432 November 24, 2009

Great Gift For a Mature Pre-Teen

This is the third game in the Metroid Prime series and it's by far the best of them all! You take the role of Samus Aran a superhuman female who is protecting people from aliens. In the game there are several puzzles (as standard with Nintendo). The only reason that this would be a concern is the violence and it really is nothing.