Adult Written byiiCloudyCam October 4, 2015

One of the more family friendly games.

So, first things first.. This is one of the more family friendly games, imagine a world of blocks. Because that's exactly what it is! This game in "creative mode" is a very entertaining and hence "creative mode" creative. You can build almost anything you want! Roller coaster, houses, mansions you name it! When you get more advanced you can use redstone, redstone is the wiring and electricity of the game.. And for some more confusing. (including me) Now there is another mode, "survival mode" and just by the name, you know it's a little more intense. In "survival mode" you don't just get what you want, you have to earn it. And if you don't earn it before night time, you may be vulnerable to the monsters. Yes, the monsters.. However these monsters are not scary whatsoever, in fact.. Mojang, the creators of Minecraft, made them into plush toys for kids to sleep with. Now, one more mode.. "Online mode" This can be disturbing to some younger people, not the mode itself the people who are on it. Now, "online mode" is the only mode you use to play with others, including friends, family, and sometimes random strangers. Typically these random strangers are just there to enjoy the game too, but sometimes they have a dirty mouth.. Using words and theories that aren't appropriate for younger players, including the fact that they can chat back words,and even house address. However, I believe that if your child is mature not depending on the age.. Just plain maturity, he should be able to experience these words.. And of course we all know no one wants their child cursing, but aha! This is where the maturity comes in, and wether you think he/she should hear it. Generally I would be okay with a child playing this game, just.. Maybe keep online mode for something to do with people you know. Overall, awesome game for kids.
Adult Written byLukas's post July 4, 2015

The ll

:)))))))
Parent Written byHoneyTherapy June 29, 2013

Minecraft is

...a decent sandbox game. Kids under 12 should not be playing on any multiplayer servers.
Parent of a 10 and 15 year old Written bymundomama May 16, 2013

caution

I let my child p[lay it thinking of it as an electronic Lego. I discovered that it is VERY addictive, and kids will find a way to be violent with it, and the share aspect of the game makes it easy for kids to attack each other. As my son said" it is supposed to be a building game, but it became a way for kids to gang up and bully me"
Adult Written byMatchMaker January 4, 2016

Why to buy MC?

I play Minecraft on multiplayer servers, and I understand totally what it feels like to be trolled or griefed. If you have a young child, I would recommend the Pocket Edition, which is hard to find servers and has less mobs / monsters than PC. If you are brave enough, go for Xbox ($16.00) or PC ($21.00). If you would not mind risking the multiplayer servers and don't mind playing with strangers, the PC game is worth a look, but if I was owner of ESRB / PEGI, i would rate T / 7. Only if you are brave, get PC, ore it is not worth your $21. Go get your kids some other videogames if the PC's scariness is a problem.
Adult Written byJacobTC June 15, 2015

amazing

awsome game all abute being creative pls note*very mild violence
Adult Written byimranr June 11, 2015

This Review is for Minecraft PE (Pocket Edition).

I really love this game, and the amazing, new features in 0.11 and higher. There's just one problem that concerns me. What is the point in Redstone. I'm not being rude, but Redstone don't really have a point in this version. It's practically useless (except that it gives light). So, if there is another update, would you be able to add Redstone stuff? Thanks!
Parent Written byMother of two boys March 22, 2013

Be careful with Multi-player function

What about the multi-player function? My son had several instances of other kids using obscene language. Also, some of the kids had a "nude girl skin" to dress up the mod which my boys did not know about until then. Seriously, I had no idea. My boys are no longer allowed to do multi-player with anonymous kids. Instead, we will create a server so they can invite friends they know and trust.
Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byTessaa June 8, 2012

Great creative game!

My 10-year-old and 7-year-old boys both play this game and have stretched their creativity by leaps and bounds. They've created the most amazing worlds and buildings and architectural and engineering features. They play in Single Player mode, which means there is no access to the internet or other players. Once kids are a bit older, multi player servers can be created so that they can connect with their friends but still not random strangers online. There are "mods" (modifications) that they can download for free to expand the possibilities of what they can build. It's very open ended and doesn't come with any instructions so you almost need a friend to help you get oriented and show you how things work. My sons like to look for YouTube videos that show them tips and tricks for the game, which can have profanity or other objectionable material. The creators of this game get an A+ from me; although it is addictive, it's so educational and better than passive TV. They know when they've been on too long and need to go outside or do something else.
Adult Written byjacobgamingeye0 July 1, 2015

Great

Moderate fantasy violence
Parent Written byTheRightReviews May 4, 2013

This is good for...

Minecraft is an excellent sandbox game which encourages creativity. Aside from a few monsters (such as skeletons and spiders,) and the action of killing animals for food, this game is appropriate for most kids. Parents should note that the graphics are reminiscent of older games in the eighties so they aren't very realistic. The violence is very mild, despite what it might sound like. I hope this review helps your decision, thanks for reading, and have a nice day.
Adult Written byaidend1 May 13, 2015

Great game! but...

Very fun and great for learning! you learn how to survive outdoors if u ever did! but there is a problem...,. the game gets deep into kids minds making them put the game first and not life. many kids ive noticed have played over night and day.... they would do anything to play minecraft... notice that half of the whole youtube is all about minecraft? yeah. minecraft is consuming many people.... also the multiplayer mode has lots of cursing and that is a bad influence on kids...
Parent Written bycraigs1 April 2, 2015
Aged 6- I think Minecraft had alot of work put into it. It is very fun. I play it alot and so do my friends. I recommend it to other children 5 or up. I love playing it too.
Adult Written byMcKathlin August 31, 2012

Can be played safely

Minecraft is easy to make appropriate for young children. Start a single player game and put it in peaceful mode (no monsters) for a building experience completely free of threats. Some of the reviews warn against the dangers of Minecraft's online community. They don't mention that in order to join a server hosted by strangers, you'd have to go out of your way to find it. Learn to set up a server yourself, and you can limit it to family members and trusted friends. This provides a safe environment where your kids learn responsibility and teamwork as they build together.
Parent Written byirisiris July 6, 2012

Nice game love the survival mode

Adult Written byPotatoe Tater May 2, 2012

Greatest Block Game Every!

This is a great game, I have been playing it since it first came out and extremely enjoy it. My friends and I have our own server and we build stuff together all the time. I find this game a great value and think it should be introduced into schools because it teaches about creativity and cooperation with friends.
Educator Written bysquiddy991 July 6, 2015

Minecraft is a Great Game

Minecraft is a kid-friendly, fun, safe game!
Parent of a 18+ year old Written byArnuciukas June 19, 2015

Recommend to play

Very good game
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byZAZATHEDADA January 4, 2015

Great Game!

I think this game is great for my child. He is in 4th grade, and he enjoys playing this with his friends or just by himself. It is a good game for kids that enjoy building or just being creative. There are no rules, which I think is great. You get to do whatever you want, and you learn farming, harvesting, and building. I normally let him play for 1 hour after he has done his homework. Its a great game and I enjoy seeing him be creative.
Adult Written bymagreen9 August 24, 2014

Great Game About Creativity!

Minecraft is a sandbox game. Do not mistake it for a GTA clone though, hence its E10 rating. You can create structures that lets you use your creativeness. The only violence is against fake monsters such as zombies and spiders. Do not mistake for a walking dead kind of zombies. They are not scary and I play it all the time with my 6 year old brother and he does not have nightmares. The only thing that is scary are the Enderman. They will only attack you if you look at there head. So if you have a young child and you let them play it tell the DO NOT look at their head. They will teleport behind you and scare you like the slender games. Heck, it even scares me. The only privacy concern is playing online, but you need a IP, which is a code for going on the server. Violence: 2, Language: 0 Sexual themes: 0