All parent member reviews for Minecraft

Adult Written byMrComedy August 11, 2015
LEARNING

DON'T LET YOUR CHILDREN GET THIS GAME!!!

I'm just joking, this game can be for youngsters and adults. Go ahead and get your child/children. :D
Parent of a 7, 10, 12, and 14 year old Written byCloneslad August 29, 2013

Minecraft - great fun!

My 4 children, aged 7 to 14, love this. They take their turns and really enjoy it. They are also very big LEGO fans and this is where the appeal for Minecraft came from.
Parent Written byTheNardDog June 7, 2013

Creative game for all ages

Minecraft is a very fun and unique game where it allows the player to build things easily because of its 8-bit style blocks. The controls are relatively easy to use and it also comes with a very fun campaign mode. There are a few slightly scary monsters like skeletons and zombies, but if your kid has seen monsters inc they will be fine. Minecrafts multiplayer option allows players to connect on online servers with their friends or even complete strangers. This may raise some privacy issues because your child may be exposed to some cursing by online players. But a lot of servers know that their audience contains a lot of kids so they block cuss words. Thank you for reading this review!
Educator Written bythirdgradeteacher May 31, 2013

Minecraft is the Best Game of the Century

MINECRAFT is the best game. It’s the most educational game on the Internet. You can build anything you want. Also, there are no rules. The first reason MINECRAFT is the best game is because it’s the most educational game on the Internet. For example I learned leather comes from cows. My brother learned that you find diamond near bedrock. He also learned you can cook sand to make glass. This shows that MINECRAFT is an educational game. My second reason is because you can build anything you want. For example you can build a house. You can also build monster traps. You can even build underwater bases. One time I built an underwater base. My brother Luka said, “It’s great!” My last reason is because there are no rules, not one single rule. For example you can do something crazy. Your character can be naked. You can even do the Harlem Shake. I once did the Harlem Shake too. So that’s why MINECRAFT is the best game. It’s the most educational game on the Internet. You can build anything you want. Also there are no rules. So overall I would give MINECRAFT 5 out of 5 stars and 2 thumbs up. To prove it Kevin said, “MINECRAFT is the best game to play." -Gjon C., age 9, New York, NY
Parent Written byVJOcean May 14, 2013

Minecraft opinion

I'm a bit disgusted with some of these parents who take one look on the game and hate it due to one mere bad experience. This game isn't violent at all. All you do is mine, make builds, defeat monsters to stay alive at night (or use a bed to sleep in and to skip night), and on rare occasions do PvP (player vs player) but PvP is fun once you do it long enough. There's no blood in this game and when you fall, hit a monster/player all that happens is you see a red tint. I would recommend this game to anyone whether they're young or old. It's a great game to let their imagination soar and to socially interact on multiplayer servers. If your child gets disturbed about something innapropriate on the game; obviously they shouldn't be playing it. There's a ton of teenagers playing the game, so yes there will be cursing. If they're watching a Minecraft video and the user curses, don't blame the youtuber if your child adds that one word to your vocabulary, blame your child for using that word.
Parent Written byLKITTYC1 February 22, 2013

Minecraft is great!

I could not play any other game when I found out about Minecraft! But in multiplayer there IS language.
Parent Written bydadoftheworld2 November 18, 2012
LEARNING

Minecraft great for kids!

Minecraft is an excellent game.It teaches kids that in that game you can do anything ive seen people make calculators!.The only thing is though,is that you can "chat" by typing and that can mislead to things.there is a tiny bit of violence because you can kill people but there is no blood.unless you want to get the mods (they dont come with the game).
Adult Written bymoonpiemoonpie November 1, 2012

A positive game

Very safe for my 11 year old son. He loves Minecraft, and plays on a multiplayer server with others. I have talked to him and told him he must never give away personal information, and he never does. He plays on a 'server' which is the multiplayer aspect of the game. On this server there are mature administrators who stop any mean players in their tracks and 'ban' them and prevent mean players from going on. A review mentioned about the shockingness of donations, however reliable servers will not force people donate, the donations are what fund the cost of hosting for the server (which can be quite expensive- around £20 a month on average to host a server) and are not scams. You can play for free on a server and have just as good an experience. Servers only shut down when there arent enough people donating according to my son. I know parents that have requested their younger child be 'muted' which prevents them from talking if the child cannot be trusted enough. There is very very little graphic violence and all that happens is the thing goes faintly red. It has never been a concern the violence aspect. Minecraft has helped to teach my son to get along with others and he has learnt that through collaboration he can build bigger and better things.
Parent Written byirisiris July 6, 2012
LEARNING

Nice game love the survival mode

Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byTessaa June 8, 2012

Great creative game!

My 10-year-old and 7-year-old boys both play this game and have stretched their creativity by leaps and bounds. They've created the most amazing worlds and buildings and architectural and engineering features. They play in Single Player mode, which means there is no access to the internet or other players. Once kids are a bit older, multi player servers can be created so that they can connect with their friends but still not random strangers online. There are "mods" (modifications) that they can download for free to expand the possibilities of what they can build. It's very open ended and doesn't come with any instructions so you almost need a friend to help you get oriented and show you how things work. My sons like to look for YouTube videos that show them tips and tricks for the game, which can have profanity or other objectionable material. The creators of this game get an A+ from me; although it is addictive, it's so educational and better than passive TV. They know when they've been on too long and need to go outside or do something else.
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bygoldfishy May 12, 2012

Great fun

my son is 11 and loves creating "lands" on this. he even created his own never-ending roller coaster!
Adult Written byPotatoe Tater May 2, 2012

Greatest Block Game Every!

This is a great game, I have been playing it since it first came out and extremely enjoy it. My friends and I have our own server and we build stuff together all the time. I find this game a great value and think it should be introduced into schools because it teaches about creativity and cooperation with friends.
Adult Written bysuperduperparent January 19, 2016

extremely violent and sexual

So i buy this game because my 9 year old son says he wants it and all his friends have it and hes jealous. i tell him i will look it over for his safety. i go on and start a creative world and i realize this game is k for my child all you do is build things and walk around. i tell him he can play but i have to watch and he agrees and go's on the world i made and builds an OK looking house and i say he can play for an hour. when i come back to tell him his times up he is on a server which i didnt know about and peole are swearing so i turn the chat off and he go's on a building contest or something where you build on a plot and he built a tower and then he turns around and i see a huge penis statue. i immediatly tell him to go to his room because i thought he built it. i went upstairs and talked to him and he told me anyne can buid anything and he didnt do it. i go back on the game and look over and it says someone elses name on the plot. i tell my son that he could play only single player from now on and he said yes dad. tommorow after schol he asks if he can go on it i say yes but no servers and he says yay thank you. i cme down and see he has found new buttons he found a button that makes you hump the air and one that lets you see yourself hump the air then he go's and murders a pig! i tell him he is not allowed to play ever again. very innapropriate but good game overall. not for kids
Parent of a 18 year old Written byArnuciukas June 19, 2015

Recommend to play

Very good game
Adult Written byimranr June 11, 2015
LEARNING

This Review is for Minecraft PE (Pocket Edition).

I really love this game, and the amazing, new features in 0.11 and higher. There's just one problem that concerns me. What is the point in Redstone. I'm not being rude, but Redstone don't really have a point in this version. It's practically useless (except that it gives light). So, if there is another update, would you be able to add Redstone stuff? Thanks!
Adult Written bysimpsonsfan22 April 13, 2015

Great game

Great game anyone can play it is a brain game building stuff surviving its great
Parent Written bycraigs1 April 2, 2015
LEARNING
Aged 6- I think Minecraft had alot of work put into it. It is very fun. I play it alot and so do my friends. I recommend it to other children 5 or up. I love playing it too.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byGtasuxok December 5, 2014

Good for 5 and up

I think that minecraft is fine for 5 and up for single player. If you go on multiplayer you may find some servers allow swearing so for multiplayer it should be 8+
Parent Written byndalal November 19, 2014
LEARNING

minecraft game usage tracker available

So many kids play Minecraft many hours per week but we have restricted them to play no more than 4 hours/week but how to keep track of these things? We don't want to control kids by locking the computer down but just notice what they do and how much of it. Anyways, we did some research and built this site, which is specifically made for parents whose kids play minecraft game. http://wickedcool.io/minetrack/ So we created this application and started to use on our own kids PC and it worked great. Now we can see how much and when do they play Minecraft. We recommend it for any parents out there who would like to track this game usage. Thanks for reading...
Parent Written byciptava1 September 16, 2013

Best of What's Out There

My son loves this and he has learned all kinds of bizarre stuff about mining and wool and metals...I laugh when he tells me which metal is stronger and how you have to kill cows for food. Net/net, if your kid is an avid gamer, you have to pick the lesser evils of what is out there. Aside from the YouTube videos which someone mentioned (with curse words, sometimes), I have only seen it to be the best of what's available. Especially when it's in Creative mode. My son even makes houses for me with Hot Tubs and pretty flowers on the patio. Could be a lot worse.