All parent member reviews for Minecraft

Adult Written byandy351 January 31, 2012

Minecraft is a go!!!!!!

I think it would be a good game to play because of its educational value.
Adult Written byaidend1 May 13, 2015

Great game! but...

Very fun and great for learning! you learn how to survive outdoors if u ever did! but there is a problem...,. the game gets deep into kids minds making them put the game first and not life. many kids ive noticed have played over night and day.... they would do anything to play minecraft... notice that half of the whole youtube is all about minecraft? yeah. minecraft is consuming many people.... also the multiplayer mode has lots of cursing and that is a bad influence on kids...
Adult Written bysimpsonsfan22 April 13, 2015

Great game

Great game anyone can play it is a brain game building stuff surviving its great
Parent Written bycraigs1 April 2, 2015

LEARNING
Aged 6- I think Minecraft had alot of work put into it. It is very fun. I play it alot and so do my friends. I recommend it to other children 5 or up. I love playing it too.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byZAZATHEDADA January 4, 2015

Great Game!

I think this game is great for my child. He is in 4th grade, and he enjoys playing this with his friends or just by himself. It is a good game for kids that enjoy building or just being creative. There are no rules, which I think is great. You get to do whatever you want, and you learn farming, harvesting, and building. I normally let him play for 1 hour after he has done his homework. Its a great game and I enjoy seeing him be creative.
Parent of a 9 and 12 year old Written byGtasuxok December 5, 2014

Good for 5 and up

I think that minecraft is fine for 5 and up for single player. If you go on multiplayer you may find some servers allow swearing so for multiplayer it should be 8+
Parent of a 9 year old Written byTDunne October 18, 2013

XBox Version Highly Recommended

I bought this for my 9 year old boy over a year ago and we have more hours on this than anything else in our house. He invites three friends over and the screen splits into 4 sections so they can all play at the same time (PC version does not do this and we do not let him play online). It is like playing Legos in the tv. They build together and coordinate. Microsoft has done a decent job of keeping up with the updates. It has been a great motivator to get homework done too.
Educator and Parent of a 10 and 13 year old Written bynsgirl October 13, 2013

Once you Start, You Won't Stop

The Best Game Ever!!!!!!! But very addicting. -the son My son plays a lot. However, he is also learning a lot about logical thinking and computer programming skills. -the mom
Parent Written byKaynee September 20, 2013

Much more than a game

Minecraft is a game constantly updated with more features. It's a fairly cheap game and as soon you have purchased access for one account you will get all further updates of the games for free. For months I have tested this game together with my kids and they really seem to appreciate it. The other day me and my teenager had a talk about some real world things and two times I noticed he referred to Minecraft when trying to prove his argument. Minecraft is so much more than just a game. It is a way for kids to understand how things in the real world works. Sure, no all of the game physics are as in the real life but a good bunch of them are. Not only can kids learn things through this game but they can also team up with their friends to do it. Usually my kids are using Skype to communicate with their friends and it's great seeing them building their own community. Because not long ago they got a server off MinePick in a contest and were able to build their own community around it.
Parent Written byMikeStevens June 16, 2013

Minecraft for kids

I've played Minecraft and it's a wonderful game to play. There are thousands of servers to choose from if you wish to let your kid play with other kids. One thing I do recommend is checking out one of the controlled/verified servers at MinePick. Basically it is servers which have got parents controlling who's on by using a whitelist. They also monitor chat logs and other things and share with other parents to make you feel way more safer letting your kids play together with other kids. All in all I think Minecraft is a great game and I know my kid have gained a lot social interaction with other people which really have shown beneficial in real life as well - I really can see improvement on social skills since he started to play this game.
Adult Written bydarth62969 May 27, 2013

some mod content not for all ages.

for the parents out there there are mods out there that introduce drugs and alcohol. E.X. iichuns -trail mix mod, a mod that reminds me a lot about LSD and the 60's complete with trippy colors flying pigs and pig bazookas, though this is a comedic mod its for obvious reasons its not exactly 8 and up but like 13 will do. i mean its not literally adding any type of drug to the game but it reminds me and others of LSD plus just the insanity of the mod is not really appropriate. ivorius - pshycodelicraft, a mod that adds drugs and alcohol into the game. lesson: the game is mod-able and there are mods that are NOT age appropriate, but it also introduces a chance for you kids to learn how to program. specifically in java. so watch what your kids install via FML or Modloader or just directly into the minecraft jar, you never know what type of mods are out there or are updated to the latest minecraft.
Parent Written byKylew09231 May 11, 2013

Recommended for 9 and up

Minecraft has been an issue, and a savior as well. Some kids like my 12 year old son is at the point where he can not put the iPod down. On long car rides my son will be on minecraft and that will usually keep him busy but be WARNED minecraft has a multiplayer mode and can be played with other players around the world.but also provides my son the creativity and learning like never before!! There are little monsters like a zombie or"creepers" but they are not graphic and there is no blood
Parent Written byTheRightReviews May 4, 2013

This is good for...

Minecraft is an excellent sandbox game which encourages creativity. Aside from a few monsters (such as skeletons and spiders,) and the action of killing animals for food, this game is appropriate for most kids. Parents should note that the graphics are reminiscent of older games in the eighties so they aren't very realistic. The violence is very mild, despite what it might sound like. I hope this review helps your decision, thanks for reading, and have a nice day.
Parent Written byThegamerpolice March 24, 2013

Good for responsibility

Good game only fantasy non gore violence shows good actions has good rewards like farming results is good crops.
Parent Written by49ers27 October 29, 2012

Sweet! I've just received my free minecraft giftcode! >> Minecraftcodes.info <<

Good for creativity Sweet! I've just received my free minecraft giftcode! >> Minecraftcodes.info <<
Adult Written byAndy9Lego August 30, 2012

AWESOME!

AWESOME! AWESOME! AWESOME!
Parent of a 11 and 14 year old Written bymaren August 20, 2012

LEARNING

Kids love it! Parents are confused.

the physics are weird but it's really really fun. there is an enormous number of you tube videos about it (showing things others have done), but watch out for foul-mouthed british yogscast persons. (yogscasters post said videos).
Parent of a 9 year old Written bylaurimennel August 10, 2012

LEARNING

Our daughter loves Minecraft!

Educator and Parent Written bymymedia July 26, 2012

Minecraft Review

I like the creative thinking part of this game for my 12 year old son. He also has to gather resources in order to build which makes it challenging. My main concern is that the game can be addicting. He would play minecraft 24/7 if I let him so limiting game time is important.
Parent Written bybaconbeef July 24, 2012

Minecraft

fun game but very addictive, and not as educational as you may think. the monsters are avoided with great ease. sever content is best to be avoided by only playing on private severs