All parent member reviews for Minecraft

Adult Written byChopsGraphics April 25, 2015

Minecraft is awesome.

Highly reccomended!!!!!
Parent Written bysimpsonsfan22 April 13, 2015

Great game

Great game anyone can play it is a brain game building stuff surviving its great greatest game no scariness some mods may scare people though and maps
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byZAZATHEDADA January 4, 2015

Great Game!

I think this game is great for my child. He is in 4th grade, and he enjoys playing this with his friends or just by himself. It is a good game for kids that enjoy building or just being creative. There are no rules, which I think is great. You get to do whatever you want, and you learn farming, harvesting, and building. I normally let him play for 1 hour after he has done his homework. Its a great game and I enjoy seeing him be creative.
Parent Written byCSM Screen name... November 10, 2014

I like minecraft

it is cool
Educator and Parent Written byThe Parenr September 9, 2014

Amazing

If your kid had any trouble with this game at all than he or she is stupid its an easy game
Parent Written byFrankSmith August 17, 2014

Good, but can be bad.

Its singleplayer mode is good and helps promote creativity, but if you're going to allow multiplayer mode, make sure all frequented servers have a swearing filter. There are adolescents on servers that frequently swear, and cyberbully too. So be cautious.
Adult Written byTheTrillonaire August 10, 2014

Great and Creative game suitable for mature kids and teens.

Adult Written byXStation July 31, 2014

Amazing game of nature and art!

Great game of survival and learning about aniamals discover temples and other places!
Parent of a 6, 8, and 11 year old Written byblondesoprano8 June 21, 2013

Don't hesitate - fun for all ages!

I am a parent of three kids, ranging from 6 to 11 years old, and all three of them adore this game - and frankly so do their parents! A couple things not mentioned in commonsensemedia's review that I would like to point out though: 1. There are different ways to play Minecraft. My youngest really likes putting the game into "creative" mode, set on "peaceful," and then there are no zombies, skeletons, spiders or creepers (the main monsters of the game) trying to attack you and you can't "die." It's more like building with legos on the computer. Unlimited access to fun blocky resources such as grass and dirt, stone, and precious gems. All three of my children actually enjoy doing this, and they come up with some amazing creations this way. 2. You never *have* to play this game in a common server where you are exposed to other users that you don't know. We always play on our own computers at home, and sometimes open one computer as a server to the others so that more than one child or adult can share the same world and work together to find resources. I would suggest checking out some of Paul Sores Jr.'s youtube videos about Minecraft, if you're considering purchasing the game and want to know more about how it works. He has a whole line of tutorials as well as fun stuff like "Punchwood Island" where his whole family gets in on the game. His videos are very safe for all ages, and rather entertaining too. Happy mining and crafting!
Parent Written byGuynamedsupernova April 21, 2013

Great game!

A great game for learning. But going on servers can be dangerous for kids.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 September 5, 2012

minecraft

Families can also discuss common sense safety measures for online games. How can you identify an online predator? What steps should you take if you encounter someone suspicious?
Teen, 15 years old Written byEnclave August 17, 2012

A game that promotes survival and development is excellent for the majority.

There is some minor violence in this game, you can kill villagers, animals and hostile creatures, but overall is plainly for survival. No blood or gore is shown in the game and the violence is mostly there to provide a challenging survival experience. Just like any game, I would be cautious while playing on any online servers, however there are plenty of kid friendly communities out there that promote a positive environment. Just make sure you chose the right one for you. You could learn some basic *common sense* survival techniques like the importance of growing crops, building shelters and hunting animals for food. Personally I would recommend this game for anyone who is interested in a challenging, rewarding and fun survival experience.
Parent Written byJannellG May 23, 2012

Minecraft is great!

My two boys (10 and 8) LOVE Minecraft. As mentioned in the rating details, they can and do encounter strangers who can "grief" (steal, destroy, attack) what your child has built. This is only true if they are playing on a server with others (you have to find a server - there's a ton on-line if you Google). They can also plan off-line and just built and not encounter other people. There are a lot of family/kid friendly servers too. Find one that has specific rules against grieving and make sure your kids know the rules too. Otherwise your kids can be blacklisted from servers too for inappropriate languange or "grieving".
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written bygoldfishy May 12, 2012

Great fun

my son is 11 and loves creating "lands" on this. he even created his own never-ending roller coaster!
Parent Written byAshleySal237 June 6, 2015
Its great for kids who are older than 6. It seems fun.
Adult Written bymagreen9 August 24, 2014

Great Game About Creativity!

Minecraft is a sandbox game. Do not mistake it for a GTA clone though, hence its E10 rating. You can create structures that lets you use your creativeness. The only violence is against fake monsters such as zombies and spiders. Do not mistake for a walking dead kind of zombies. They are not scary and I play it all the time with my 6 year old brother and he does not have nightmares. The only thing that is scary are the Enderman. They will only attack you if you look at there head. So if you have a young child and you let them play it tell the DO NOT look at their head. They will teleport behind you and scare you like the slender games. Heck, it even scares me. The only privacy concern is playing online, but you need a IP, which is a code for going on the server. Violence: 2, Language: 0 Sexual themes: 0
Educator Written bythirdgradeteacher May 31, 2013

Minecraft is the Best Game of the Century

MINECRAFT is the best game. It’s the most educational game on the Internet. You can build anything you want. Also, there are no rules. The first reason MINECRAFT is the best game is because it’s the most educational game on the Internet. For example I learned leather comes from cows. My brother learned that you find diamond near bedrock. He also learned you can cook sand to make glass. This shows that MINECRAFT is an educational game. My second reason is because you can build anything you want. For example you can build a house. You can also build monster traps. You can even build underwater bases. One time I built an underwater base. My brother Luka said, “It’s great!” My last reason is because there are no rules, not one single rule. For example you can do something crazy. Your character can be naked. You can even do the Harlem Shake. I once did the Harlem Shake too. So that’s why MINECRAFT is the best game. It’s the most educational game on the Internet. You can build anything you want. Also there are no rules. So overall I would give MINECRAFT 5 out of 5 stars and 2 thumbs up. To prove it Kevin said, “MINECRAFT is the best game to play." -Gjon C., age 9, New York, NY
Parent Written bydadoftheworld2 November 18, 2012

Minecraft great for kids!

Minecraft is an excellent game.It teaches kids that in that game you can do anything ive seen people make calculators!.The only thing is though,is that you can "chat" by typing and that can mislead to things.there is a tiny bit of violence because you can kill people but there is no blood.unless you want to get the mods (they dont come with the game).
Parent Written byKylew09231 May 11, 2013

Recommended for 9 and up

Minecraft has been an issue, and a savior as well. Some kids like my 12 year old son is at the point where he can not put the iPod down. On long car rides my son will be on minecraft and that will usually keep him busy but be WARNED minecraft has a multiplayer mode and can be played with other players around the world.but also provides my son the creativity and learning like never before!! There are little monsters like a zombie or"creepers" but they are not graphic and there is no blood
Adult Written bymoonstonee March 21, 2015

Addicting and Also Sort of Educational!

It's not a game I would play all the time, but it's still a pretty good one. I recommend this to anyone who loves building and creating imaginative structures. Yay for Minecraft!