Sandbox-style game with open online play fosters creativity.

Kid, 8 years old December 30, 2015

You will be addicted to this game!!!

My brother is addicted to this game but, he never played this game!!!
Kid, 9 years old December 25, 2015

Very good for little kids, available on all major platforms!

Why even bother to write here?
Teen, 16 years old Written bymeugenio December 23, 2015

Single player is fine, multiplayer is what to look out for

Amazing game, but on multiplayer random people can talk to you. Some servers block out cusses but not all
Kid, 11 years old December 21, 2015

Excellent game, easy and not very violent

Excellent game! The player's avatar will not speak to the player, but there is the option to talk. In single player mode, there are no privacy concerns, however on public servers the careless could give away their true identity. This is easily avoided by common sense and basic cyber safety rules. Minecraft is easy to play and the player can learn a lot from it, and can improve the creativity of the player (as long as the player sticks to "creative mode" and works on creative projects). Overall, it is easy and fun, exciting and not at all scary, but there could be some violence involved when fighting monsters (but this can be avoided by switching to "peaceful" mode where all monsters will not exist)
Kid, 10 years old December 21, 2015

Buy very good

Minecraft is a very good game. You can kill other players and mobs like zombies spiders etc. No blood or gore. Very safe game. No privacy issues. Nothing is bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byxBlueClaw_ December 16, 2015

Don't listen to the other reviews...

Lets just say you couldn't ask for a better game. Minecraft has no story, no characters except for yourself, lonely,in a huge, empty landscape. But don't let that turn you away from this game. Once that world of yours loads, there's no restrictions. If you're in creative mode, you can build literally anything you want using the hundreds of different mterials. Sounds complicated, I know, but you can start small, and work your way up. In survival, you have to gather materials and, well, survive. Then there is servers, which seems to be what all the parents here are whining about. Some servers allow profanity in chat, while others censor it. But to all parents worrying, you can turn off chat completely in settings. That's all, becaude I'm running out of space. Peace out (●.● )
Kid, 10 years old December 13, 2015

Really good... I play it whenever I get a chance

No inappropriate stuff; the only thing that happens when you get hurt is you flash red, and when you die, you fall over. Simple graphics and easy to get the hang of. I really like it.
Kid, 11 years old December 12, 2015

Meh

This game sucks Go buy Terraria
Teen, 13 years old Written byFrank_Gone_Mad December 11, 2015

Cool Game

This games good for kids of all ages, the only problem I have with it is that kids will want to play it for hours strait. Many online servers have profanity blocked out, but some do not.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCheechee_Runner December 6, 2015

Best game (probably) I have ever played!!

I have played Minecraft (both PC and PE) for about 2 years and I found it is very interesting. From a complete beginner, to now I am building my own adventure map, I have learnt a lot when I am playing. I am a 13-year-old boy from Hong Kong. I learnt a lot of new words from Minecraft. Some of them are really useful for my composition. I love this game!
Adult Written byCuriouspanda December 5, 2015

Best game ever!!!!!

Mine craft is a great game to play despite some of the bad comments made about it. A few parents complain about the monsters scaring children. Understand that that function can be turned off or put into "peaceful mode". This mode prohibits monsters or "mobs" from existing in the game. Multiplayer is also a concern. It took me three years to figure out how to access multiplayer. And it only allows friends through invitations depending on the settings. You can also restrict multiplayer as well. This is a game where kids are open to expressing their creativity and talents, building all sorts of interactive objects and creative things. I give this game as many stars as possible. And btw, on ps3 there is no chat option unless a headset is obtained by each player.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMinecrafter7334 November 29, 2015

Sparks creativity, fun, and adventure!

I think that this game can help with creativity and architectural skills. It is most like real life and is just super fun. The game is all like 8-bit graphics, which doesn't show any inappropriate content. Also, if you don't like the monsters that occasionally spawn in the game, you can always turn it off in the settings. Materials Needed: -A computer -Your IMAGINATION
Kid, 9 years old November 29, 2015

good

do what ever you want and build waht ever you want
Teen, 16 years old Written byMedestroyer November 26, 2015

Incredible for young children!

Me & my friends play it some times. Really fun to pass on the time. Multiplayer is fun, If you child is young, this game is suitable for almost all ages! Incredible game! Im not obsessed over it or anything but very easy to learn and play. Recommend getting the console one over the PC version for your child as it is much more easier to master the controls!
Kid, 12 years old October 23, 2015

Awesome game! Very fun! Educational!

Minecraft is an sandbox game where there is no objective, you can play creative mode where you build stuff, or you could play survival and build stuff, however you have to collect. There is engineering with redstone, redstone can be simple and it can be extremely complicated. Minecraft itself is kid friendly, however the Youtubers that play Minecraft can say bad words in there, some kid friendly youtubers that play Minecraft that I like are Thinknoodles and StampyLongNose. If you go on multiplayer, you can play with other players, you can build with them, play survival with them, or even play mini games on big servers where there is objectives. If you go online some of the players on there can say bad words and/or even cyber bully, some servers have rules against cyber bullying though and some servers have an chat filter to block out bad words but players can still bypass the chat filter if the chat filter isn't too secure.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpider-Man 2099 October 21, 2015

AWESOME GAME!!

Really Good Game But May Be A Little Hard
Teen, 14 years old Written byMasta mouse October 17, 2015

Amazing

Minecraft is an amazing game. Although it is possibly the simplest game around, it allows people of ANY age to be creative. If you have a creative son or daughter Minecraft is the game for them as it allows them to both learn in a way and show themselves in a brand new way. There are no positive messages or role models and there are no violence or sex or anything like that. Of course you can make swords and fight giant spiders and zombies but there is no blood, gore or horror because of the pixels being so simple. Of course there's that hilarious moment when you turn around or something and a monster is sudenly next to you but all in all a game worth buying no matter what age you are
Kid, 11 years old October 16, 2015

Minecraft Fan Review!

BudderPug's Review: OMG my favorite game ever now being reviewed! A great game to be creative, build your imagination, and survive the night in survival mode. The only reason this is 8+ is because there is a multiplayer feature and some parents may not approve of that... This is the most creative, sandbox style game I have played! I personally recommend this game!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe_Real_Yolo October 10, 2015

A GREAT GAME

ONE OF THE BEST GAMES IVE PLAYED!!!!
Kid, 10 years old October 6, 2015

Hello.

This game is just fine. But be cautious, because you may end up in the wrong side of the Minecraft servers and be harassed by serveral adults. Just don't go on Minecraft servers that you don't know, OK?