Sandbox-style game with open online play fosters creativity.

Teen, 17 years old Written byCoD Lover August 26, 2016

Some people dont get it.

Minecraft is not bad in any way physically possible. Occasionally on servers. Here is profanity. But the server Admins and OP's ban them for it. Its a family game in fact. Parents dont get the point of it. But kids do.
Kid, 12 years old August 19, 2016

Minecraft: A Really Good Video Game!

In my opinion, Minecraft is a really good video game, but nowhere near as good as Terraria, but hey, it's just my opinion. The game involves placing blocks and surviving in a world made of these blocks. Whenever people talk about Minecraft, they also seem to mention it's similarities with LEGO. You see, LEGO and Minecraft are two unrelated things that are each great in different and similar ways. Now, without further mentions of my opinions, onto the content! Violence: All really fantasy, easy for children to distinguish from real life. In addition to building new structures and avoiding hazards, you can also craft blades, hatchets, and bows to defend against Mobs like the undead, wolves, and huge arachnids. There is no encouragement, but you can also set animals in flames and/or harm them with weapons. In addition, explosions are heard as players use TNT to fend off monsters and mine the environment. The console editions (which I play on) have an arena event in which many players compete against each other, and you can attack your opponents with weapons and objects.
Teen, 13 years old Written byGabedhuff August 8, 2016

Very good game

I think that children eight and up would have a fun time playing the game in single player mode. The online multiplayer is best suited for players about ten. It really develops creativity and logical thinking. there is violence but there is no blood or gore and there are objectives (contrary to popular belief of people that don't play the game). There is no bad language and no words are ever spoken except for some grunts by the Squidward-esque villagers and the only "drugs" are the potions that you can drink. The only "reference" to sexual activity is the ability to breed animals and villagers, but you don't see anything, all they do is walk into each other and bump faces a few times and a baby is born. That's about it, and I really suggest playing this game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byXboxgamer August 8, 2016

Imagination fueled video game!

This is a massive open land game where you either survive and thrive or free build with unlimited lives. You can build anything with no restrictions. It also teaches great engineering skills
Teen, 13 years old Written byHappyarch August 7, 2016

Good and clean fun.

Minecraft is a good game for good clean fun and if you have a autistic kid it's a good way for them to express their self's it's a wide open world game a good sandbox game
Adult Written byLio S. August 4, 2016

Great!!

Sometimes I don't get ESRB... Minecraft is a great game to build on creative minds! ESRB rated it 10+ WHY this game is great
Kid, 11 years old July 30, 2016

Great Game!!!

This game is too easy to get absorbed into. This game has no main objective. It gives you so much freedom over what you want to do. It also teaches you to do problem solving and you can build amazing things. This game has grown so much over the past 7 years it's one of the biggest games to date.
Kid, 11 years old July 26, 2016

Great source for real life issue solving in a fun way

Kids and teens should play this because it teaches the importance of real life issues but Realms just cost too much
Teen, 13 years old Written byReffytheLlama July 24, 2016

Good game

Very good and fun game. Its also very addicting. However the monster sounds at night time can be scary to some younger players but you can go on peaceful mode where there is no monsters.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBogeyboy3010 July 24, 2016

A good game if you trust your kids.

With all items that I review, I do not believe that we should judge anyone by there age. The age restriction does not matter. Minecraft is a difficult game to review. It's like YouTube, it's so large and vast with little to no parental controls. They could be in creative mode building their house or they could be fighting of zombies with swords and guns or building giant private parts. It's quite educational as it allows you to build, burn, and craft objects to make other objects such as a crafting table that you could use wooden planks to make a wooden pickaxe for chopping down trees. You obviously need to know who there playing with as an in game chat is provided, clothing that can make their character look naked, and many violent games and modifications that can be installed quickly and easily. If they are easily influenced then teach them not to fight eachother with random objects, write down swears, or decide to go naked in public, they should be okay. You also need trust that they'll only do certain things and only go to certain multiplayer servers, certain gamemodes, and install and use certain modifications. There may be parental controls that can be found within the game to help with this as well.
Kid, 11 years old July 24, 2016

Fun And Addictive

Minecraft is a video game drug. Once you buy it and play it, you will never stop! Yet it is very fun and it helps kids use their imagination and lets them be creative. On multiplayer you can play on servers. The only down side is that your child is avaliable to talk to anyone and give out personal information without blockage of the filter as Minecraft servers mostly have. If you are a worried parent maybe sit next to your child as they play, or maybe just let them play single player. These cases are rare so dont worry to much. Minecraft servers are safe and have filters which block swearing and other inappropriate content. So you can let your child play on servers and enjoy themselves as it is very fun. I have been playing for years and people have asked me for my skype and demanding me for other information. I just ignore them, you should do the same. Overall minecraft is a very safe and fun game where you use your imagination to the fullest.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEldest July 24, 2016

It is good for 5+ onely...

My younger brothers fight when there is contention over "who got what" and "who started it" in the game. But thats normal for kids 11 and younger. If your having kids younger than 12 plat this game, I would suggest NOT to let them on multiplayer, and to MAKE SHURE that if their 10 or younger, and their playing survival, you have the cheat /gamerule keepinvintory set to true and the difficulty set to peaceful. Also make shure to limit your child's time on it. NEVER let them on for over 3 hours! Overall, the game is AMAZEING for persistance, creativity, resourcefullness, math, open mindness, and hard work (youll see what I mean if you get the game) and if you think your kid's grade is going to drop because he/she plays minercaft, your right and wrong. If you LET them play for over 3 houres, then thier grades WILL probally drop! but if you limit them to 1-3 houres a day, thier grades will stay the same, and they might even improve!
Teen, 13 years old Written byGOA July 23, 2016

TOO VIOLENT! KILLING ANIMALS AND PEOPLE ALSO VERY SEXUAL IN MULTIPLAYER!

In Minecraft you have to kill animals to survive, chop down trees, kill zombies and other monsters at night, and it has an online mode full of online daters and cyberbullies, oh and did I mention you kill people in multiplayer most of the time? And in multiplayer some players pretend to have sex on servers which is very innapropriate! Also there is a chat mode in which you can say anything, that is where online daters say "123 for a hot girlfriend" and "oh yeah baby that feels good" WHICH IS VERY INNAPROPRIATE
Kid, 11 years old July 20, 2016

(Casual) Review about Minecraft

Teen, 13 years old Written byGamesMLF July 12, 2016

Minecraft

I think Minecraft is the best game for learning and having fun! They are safe Minecraft servers like Hypixel and Cubecraft! They teach creativity in art class in some school! And have some very real stuff you can make! I think Minecraft is one of the best games for kids! The only thing I would be worried is the what I call (Curse Alert) fuck stupid servers! What they are are servers (normally made by teenagers) that has swearing, sex, drugs ( Just saying they are nice pertend drug servers for 13+ ) , and the worst of all the very bad banning for nothing staff. Even though I think minecraft has a great safe community still check what your child is doing once and a while!
Kid, 11 years old July 10, 2016

Minecraft - A Game for Creativity

In Minecraft, you can build endless things and survive the incoming mob (monster) attacks, as well as code mods (if you know Java). This provides for hours of fun, but watch out for obsession, as there is really no "endgame" to Minecraft. This can lead to addiction and the urge to place "one last block". Minecraft is also good for spending time to build cool things, such as an automated TNT cannon or a really cool pixelated art build. Violence isn't really an issue, as the graphics are intentionally blocky and the characters just turn red when hit. It is also possible to remove hostile mobs from the game using "Peaceful" mode. You can also join multiplayer servers, or "servers". These servers have IPs that you can connect to using the Minecraft client. Usually, people are there just to have fun and play, but on some servers, people use bad language and "hack". "Hacking" in this case means "using a modded client to gain unfair advantages". Some gamemodes will allow griefing (destroying) and raiding ("Factions" is one example), so if you do not want to get raided, don't go into those modes. Overall, Minecraft is a good game and should be played, but don't get obsessed. Also, watch out for Minecraft clones.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTigerdude13579 July 10, 2016

I love minrcaft

It mixes real things with video games. e.g. horse+Donkey =a mule but sand and gravel are the onely thing that follows gravity
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2016

Great game!

Great game! One of the best games on my computer but there is some violence and also a multiplayer option. There are some scary monsters like zombies skeletons and giant spiders and when you hit a mob (Minecraft word for monster or animal for example a pig or a zombie would be a mob) it turns red for a second but no blood. Users can make maps and some of them might be violent scary or inappropriate. On a server users can talk about inappropriate things like drugs or sexual stuff and on some servers your allowed to swear. So overall this is a fun game that can teach kids brain skills and creativity but remind your kids to never listen to cyberbullies or players that ask for your password phone number dress or social security number and also not to set up meet ups in real life in Minecraft also set a time limit or your kid might get addicted.
Kid, 9 years old July 5, 2016

Schools

Schools all over the world make the attending kids use. It is very good for math. I Play this on my Xbox One and I do have one privacy concern. When you are interacting, the interactions are not rated by the ESRB and so you can't prove that people won't put in very personal information, or some gross things. Other than that it does not have a flaw. I hope you like Minecraft!
Teen, 14 years old Written byZetherex July 4, 2016

Please read! From an actual player!

I'm here to give an honest opinion about the game. This review is aimed towards parents so listen up. I've been playing Minecraft for 4+ years. Ever since this game fully released in 2011, the game took off. You probably came here to decide if Minecraft is good for your kid, and my answer to that is yes. Minecraft is fairly easy to learn and requires little skill. It incourages creativity and helps with skills from math to cooperation, BUT with that it includes some risks. The game has a mode called "multiplayer" which allows your child to play with people around the world. Many of the big servers on multiplayer are kid friendly, but a lot of servers don't have any protection to protect your children from bad language, harassment, and griefing. For any parent who doesn't know what "griefing" is, it's when some other player destroys some else's builds. For some servers griefing is a bannable offense, while others allow grief. The reason I mention this is that many parents don't understand that minecraft has no rules. The server makes the rules. So if your child is getting griefed, harassed, etc. go to the server NOT the creators of minecraft. Saying all this you can assume that the game has privacy issues as there is not much of a way you can prevent this other than telling your child to go on servers you can trust, or only letting them play singleplayer. Hope I could help!