All member reviews for Minecraft

Sandbox-style game with open online play fosters creativity.

Learning(i)

Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2014

LEARNING

I think it's appropriate for kids ages 9 and up.

I've been playing this game ever since I was 9 years old. I get to take out my archers skills and have other fun in the game as well. Minecraft sharpens many skills for everyone playing it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJames V. Taylor June 14, 2014

LEARNING

Minecraft's my favorite creativity game.

This is my favorite creativity game in my whole life. I haven't knew that game until late in 2012. Back in last year, I watch my younger brother Jack play that game. Is that game fine? And I think Steve is a very good role model. Survival mode can give the game an adventurous scheme. Creative mode is where you can make your own creations. I love that game.
Kid, 10 years old June 13, 2014

mine craft rocks!!!!!!!!!!

Mine craft is the best ever. You can make any thing you want.The game never ends,You can play online or alone. what more could you want in a video game!
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaidiscool192003 June 6, 2014

VERY BAD

My bro downloaded a bunch of mods to make the game for +18! Its fine and all but with mods!? Heck no! I Give It one Star! but without mods..... Five Stars!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHoroscopist May 26, 2014

Its a world, in which you can do ANYTHING.

As in do ANYTHING you want. Download a couple of mods and you have some drug and smoking mods. Along with sex and other mods! And you can also swear freely.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykamil101 May 26, 2014

Great Game, But Some Iffy's on Multiplayer

Parents should know that this is a great game. It inspires creativity and teaches you about the resources in the world. However, on multiplayer, there are curse words that people might say. It is a good idea to not let kids go on multiplayer until they are 12, or know curses.
Teen, 14 years old Written byblahblahblah May 21, 2014

this made my day I got a Minecraft Upgrade Code and I can't believe it actually worked! Hit up http://linkbitty.com/minecraft
Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2014

LEARNING

My favorite game I love this game I am sky the kid!

BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2014

omg

this is the best game ever!!!!
Kid, 8 years old May 17, 2014

Minecraft

I think is is a great game!
Kid, 9 years old May 16, 2014

Addicting

I think Mine Craft is eh... I think it's addicting. I started watching this person called stampylongnose and started liking Mine Craft. Then I got a tablet for Christmas and I bought the app Mine Craft. I started playing every day after school instead of doing homework. At night I do my homework and skip some math problems. My teacher tells me I have to get detention. And that's my opinion about Mine Craft.
Kid, 10 years old May 14, 2014

LEARNING

Multiplayer Is An Iffy...

The thing about anything is that you need to know what your child is doing. Minecraft can easily expose sex, violence, negativity, anything! Minecraft itself on it's "Singleplayer" mode is completely fine! A baby could play this without being exposed to anything inappropriate. Multiplayer is the iffy part here. A player can log on into a server and be exposed to sex, drugs, anything inappropriate in an instant. They need an IP address to log on anyways so if they don't know the IP, there safe. Minecraft players can get inappropriate BUT the only major thing that you will find in multiplayer is cursing/swearing. There is a 1/1000 percent chance your child will find sex in Minecraft from players talking in chat. Servers can censor the bad words. As long as you know your child wouldn't swear at you or in public because of Minecraft, your safe. As long as you know what he will be doing in Minecraft. So parents if your child is asking for Minecraft, GIVE IT TO THEM NOW! They're missing out on an addicting game that is #3 popular game in the WORLD. Seriously, ask Wikipedia. Singleplayer = Ages 1+. Multiplayer = Parents I cannot speak for you or your children. Depending on how well you know the child you can let him/her on multiplayer. But as of now multiplayer mode can be left on a 5 or an 8. This is an HONEST review. Not some dumb 17+ garbage or 2- stuff. I give you honest reviews. So follow, subscribe, whatever this website has as a following feature (as for this is my first post). Thank you and have a good day! P.S. Your child can also show his/her creativity and what they can really do in Minecraft. Let your imagination go WILD! =)
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheBensonBoy May 12, 2014

Average survival skills...

although I absolutely love this game, I don't have the best computer (so I hardly ever play it often). Why I made the title i did is because if any kid were to have been put in the woods, you wouldn't immediatly start punchung a tree. or make a plank then sticks. So, if you were to teach your kids about survival, this game you might wanna tell your kids about some things... and there are use of drugs and other things... However, its not in the actual game, you can download mods. Moderate your computer closely, because there are mods for the game... (Mods are downloadable content that can change the game and/or change the way you play)
Teen, 17 years old Written byPeter Griffin May 11, 2014

5/5

This is one of my favorite games ever. It has some violence though.
Kid, 10 years old May 11, 2014

Good for many ages, unless kids dont know how to handle bully's and inappropiate messages

I have been playing Minecraft for 2 years, and Singleplayer is probably for 6 years and under. The reason I give this an iffy rating and 10 years, is beacuse kids like me like to join multiplayer servers. And lots have inappropiate people chatting. So as long as you ignore bad people, handle cyberbullying, and play nicely, your good to go!
Teen, 16 years old Written byVixyHARDCOREGamer May 8, 2014

IDIOTS

No the servers are moderated. How do i know? BEACAUSE I WAS CHOSEN TO BE A ADMIN!
Teen, 13 years old Written bygengartehface May 5, 2014

Excellent

This game isn't inappropriate or gory in the least. The most "violence" is having to kill animals to get food, and having the option to kill other players. Even though there are these options in the game, there is no blood or gore in the least. The game helps kids learn to work together, and is extremely fun. The only thing that I would maybe hold off on letting my kid use is the online multiplayer servers that sometimes can allow swearing. The only reason that I gave it a five and up is that I don't really think any age younger than that would really understand all of the features and creativity that the game has to offer.
Kid, 9 years old May 5, 2014

THE BEST FLIPPING GAME EVER ON XBOX

Hi! I am coming to you to review minecraft. Now the game itself is about mining, crafting, building etc. now I only play the xbox and ipad version so yeah never been on a gaming PC ever.so on xbox there are limited things to do now you can kill mobs like Zombies, creepers, skeletons, endermen, etc. but there is no blood or gore. It is just a puff of smoke. Overall I thing that it is a good game.
Kid, 12 years old May 2, 2014

Note to parents

Minecraft is one of the greatest indie games on the planet and is quickly climbing up the gaming ladder to fame. Parents should know that one of the encouragements of the game is to kill animals for food. a harder but less violent way to eat is to breed sheep with sheers and eat crops. highly recommended to parents who do not like violence. The game also encourages players to kill monster such as zombies that come out at night. The game is also highly addictive for young players.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPacty May 2, 2014

LEARNING

Don't try buying the game

it is a great game but there is a 15 day warranty and the game works for that time. however when it stops working completely you can not get your money back I have tried getting my money back for about a month and I finally got a reply that said I couldn't get my money back because my file was fine on there end. Mojang has horrible customer service. I swear they use a script because I contacted 3 different people and only got one different answer. I say that it isn't worth wasting your money on a game that doesn't work I suggest to stay with the free version that you can download it is guaranteed to work for more then 15 days.