All member reviews for Minecraft

Sandbox-style game with open online play fosters creativity.

Learning

Kid, 8 years old July 5, 2014

Minecraft is Awesome

I think it is a fun game which teaches you a thing or two. It is awesome when you play on server and even MORE AWESOME if you end up finding gold or diamonds!!!!!!!!!
Teen, 17 years old Written byShadTheMinecrafter July 2, 2014
LEARNING

Minecraft teaches you building, and it's educational.

As a teen, I recommend my little cousins to play Minecraft when they have entered at least 7 years old. Minecraft is a game, not only just a game, but a learning book where you can learn how to survive, build and coding. Unlike other games, this requires a minimum computer to run on, as of in the wiki, at least 3.0 speed to run Minecraft without lag. This is only 29.00 dollars for one account. Yes, It's kinda addicting, but it teaches not only building, but morality, math expert, proper english and more. Any parents who had Minecraft for their kids, it's good for your child to live in. So I say Minecraft is not a game, but it's a learning game.
Kid, 12 years old July 2, 2014

Imagination.

While the game in single player is incredible, you need to be aware that this game is available to others, also. This game has several videos online which feature suggestive content and strong language. The game also features mods, which allow players to add things to their game. These mods may also contain some suggestive content, or violent content. Also, your child has no control over the language used in multiplayer servers. But, the possibilities of playing are endless. Your child will thank you for letting them play.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMar_ June 28, 2014
LEARNING

Best game ive ever started playing (and never stopped!)

Now when I talk about my favorite games with friends, I don't enclude this game. it cant be compared. ive been playing it for 4 years now and I cant get enough. it never gets old. great game, kids and adults love it. if you don't own it you should!
Kid, 11 years old June 23, 2014

It's Great!

If your child is into any type of building, they would love this! You can build your own minecraft world, survival or creative, (creative is unlimited blocks and stuff), and you can build your home! But beware, go deep into caves, or stay out at night, you will find monster! Make a sword and fend off yourself! :)!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySkyTarts June 23, 2014

Minecraft a review by a 13 year old

Minecraft is now one of the most popular indie games on the planet, it is an amazing game which is why it's up there. Minecraft allows you to do whatever you could ever possibly want. It is total sandbox. Although there is some fighting it is not gory in any way. I recommend this because it is very peaceful but watch out for servers as those cannot always be moderated properly. Enjoy :D
Kid, 12 years old June 14, 2014
LEARNING

Finally, a popular game that doesn't involve brutally killing people

Minecraft is amazing, you get to build whatever you want. It really is a good choice to give this game to your child. They use their brain and imagination to get the resources and tools they need to stay alive and survive. The only problem is multiplayer. Multiplayer is a great way to play public games with friends. But there are so many inappropriate things said on chat. So be aware of that with young children. Even with how intense the chat can get with language and sexual talk, your child is likely to hear worse things said in school. That is indeed true, there are 12 year olds with such colorful vocabulary, Kevin hart would have trouble keeping up. But anyway, the game is fine for children 8 and up to play without parental supervision.
Kid, 11 years old June 14, 2014
LEARNING

I think it's appropriate for kids ages 9 and up.

I've been playing this game ever since I was 9 years old. I get to take out my archers skills and have other fun in the game as well. Minecraft sharpens many skills for everyone playing it!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJames V. Taylor June 14, 2014
LEARNING

Minecraft's my favorite creativity game.

This is my favorite creativity game in my whole life. I haven't knew that game until late in 2012. Back in last year, I watch my younger brother Jack play that game. Is that game fine? And I think Steve is a very good role model. Survival mode can give the game an adventurous scheme. Creative mode is where you can make your own creations. I love that game.
Kid, 10 years old June 13, 2014

mine craft rocks!!!!!!!!!!

Mine craft is the best ever. You can make any thing you want.The game never ends,You can play online or alone. what more could you want in a video game!
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaidiscool192003 June 6, 2014

VERY BAD

My bro downloaded a bunch of mods to make the game for +18! Its fine and all but with mods!? Heck no! I Give It one Star! but without mods..... Five Stars!
Teen, 13 years old Written byHoroscopist May 26, 2014

Its a world, in which you can do ANYTHING.

As in do ANYTHING you want. Download a couple of mods and you have some drug and smoking mods. Along with sex and other mods! And you can also swear freely.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykamil101 May 26, 2014

Great Game, But Some Iffy's on Multiplayer

Parents should know that this is a great game. It inspires creativity and teaches you about the resources in the world. However, on multiplayer, there are curse words that people might say. It is a good idea to not let kids go on multiplayer until they are 12, or know curses.
Teen, 14 years old Written byblahblahblah May 21, 2014
this made my day I got a Minecraft Upgrade Code and I can't believe it actually worked! Hit up http://linkbitty.com/minecraft
Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2014
LEARNING

My favorite game I love this game I am sky the kid!

BEST GAME EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old May 18, 2014

omg

this is the best game ever!!!!
Kid, 8 years old May 17, 2014

Minecraft

I think is is a great game!
Kid, 9 years old May 16, 2014

Addicting

I think Mine Craft is eh... I think it's addicting. I started watching this person called stampylongnose and started liking Mine Craft. Then I got a tablet for Christmas and I bought the app Mine Craft. I started playing every day after school instead of doing homework. At night I do my homework and skip some math problems. My teacher tells me I have to get detention. And that's my opinion about Mine Craft.
Kid, 10 years old May 14, 2014
LEARNING

Multiplayer Is An Iffy...

The thing about anything is that you need to know what your child is doing. Minecraft can easily expose sex, violence, negativity, anything! Minecraft itself on it's "Singleplayer" mode is completely fine! A baby could play this without being exposed to anything inappropriate. Multiplayer is the iffy part here. A player can log on into a server and be exposed to sex, drugs, anything inappropriate in an instant. They need an IP address to log on anyways so if they don't know the IP, there safe. Minecraft players can get inappropriate BUT the only major thing that you will find in multiplayer is cursing/swearing. There is a 1/1000 percent chance your child will find sex in Minecraft from players talking in chat. Servers can censor the bad words. As long as you know your child wouldn't swear at you or in public because of Minecraft, your safe. As long as you know what he will be doing in Minecraft. So parents if your child is asking for Minecraft, GIVE IT TO THEM NOW! They're missing out on an addicting game that is #3 popular game in the WORLD. Seriously, ask Wikipedia. Singleplayer = Ages 1+. Multiplayer = Parents I cannot speak for you or your children. Depending on how well you know the child you can let him/her on multiplayer. But as of now multiplayer mode can be left on a 5 or an 8. This is an HONEST review. Not some dumb 17+ garbage or 2- stuff. I give you honest reviews. So follow, subscribe, whatever this website has as a following feature (as for this is my first post). Thank you and have a good day! P.S. Your child can also show his/her creativity and what they can really do in Minecraft. Let your imagination go WILD! =)
Teen, 15 years old Written byTheBensonBoy May 12, 2014

Average survival skills...

although I absolutely love this game, I don't have the best computer (so I hardly ever play it often). Why I made the title i did is because if any kid were to have been put in the woods, you wouldn't immediatly start punchung a tree. or make a plank then sticks. So, if you were to teach your kids about survival, this game you might wanna tell your kids about some things... and there are use of drugs and other things... However, its not in the actual game, you can download mods. Moderate your computer closely, because there are mods for the game... (Mods are downloadable content that can change the game and/or change the way you play)