All member reviews for Minecraft

Sandbox-style game with open online play fosters creativity.

Learning(i)

Teen, 14 years old Written bybvgaming October 8, 2013

Great Game

This is a well made game where monsters die in a puff of smoke and you live in a world where you can build anything you have ever wanted too.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPeoplesssss October 8, 2013

Not all good but ok overall

animals mating and bad language on multiplayer, but other than that a fun game. But don`t let your child play for more than a hour and a half.
Kid, 12 years old October 7, 2013

Amazing, just be careful

This game is amazing!!! I play it myself, and unfortunately agree that it is addicting. The game is almost 100% manageable for any age kid at any age, but at younger ages in strict moderation because I have a sibling that will not get off it (9 yrs old)! For little kids put it on peaceful (for Survival mode) because the monsters can scare the life out of almost anyone, which is why I'd suggest you only let them play Creative mode at that age. Survival should start at about 7 yrs. By the time that they are 10 is about the time you should let them start to play on public multiplayer servers, just make sure that they have decent moderators and don't prompt them to buy things. By the time they're getting through the first year of middle school (7th grade) you should loosen up on watching every single thing they do on minecraft (for protective moms- all of you others probably did that was probable ages ago!) You probably shouldn't let your kids on the hunger games servers until you've let them see the movie or read the books. The thing with public servers is that they could see anything if it doesn't have a proper moderating system. When learning the controls, it can be very frustrating trying to figure it out for the first time, and until you're in the habit of laying your left hand on the keyboard in the WASD position :). I had to go on the wiki and figure out the basic controls. For small children, (5-7 yrs.)this can instigate some agitation trying to figure out the controls, but can help develop their creative and basic critical thinking skills. You can expose your kids to this under the proper modifications. (Peaceful survival or creative) For the 2nd biggest minecraft crowd (8-14 yrs.) this can also instigate amazing creative thinking, and for educators can create excellent teamwork if you create a private server for your students. Moderate exposure. For 15+ it can still instigate creative thinking, but if you give them too much exposure they will either sit glued to the computer screen all day, or come up with a good plenty of ways to outsmart your original plans for their minecraft-ing, ranging from going on forbidden servers, to creating things that you didn't intend for them to even think about in the first place. This can become slightly dangerous, but they need to learn. These kinds of things can vary between boys and girls. Speaking of YouTube, this can be a two faced nightmare. There are some players that will make tutorials and not use inappropriate language (Ethoslab is one, he is an amazing minecrafter), but there are a good plenty that will curse out the wazoo (wazoo is a funny word- BACK TO THE POINT.) like Skydoesminecraft and ASFJerome. Bashur is a questionable one, he can give some good laughs but he will curse jokingly when he pretends to play another character, like his "talking dog" Pooface, who will say what he wants to say when he wants to say it. Now let's talk mobs. There are friendly mobs; Villagers, Cows, Pigs, Chickens, Ocelots, Bats, Iron Golems (when you don't attack their villagers) and Snow Golems. and Horses. There are also evil mobs; Zombies, spiders, cave spiders, skeletons, wither skeletons, slimes, endermen, lava cubes, wither and Ender Dragon, the two latter being by choice. Then wolves, which can be tames into domestic dogs, will try to kill you if you smack them before they're tame. All of these can be killed with anything you're holding in the game, depending on what and with how many hits. The evil mobs will be turned off with Peaceful mode on. Alright, I feel like I've covered most of the bases. Hope this helps!
Kid, 10 years old October 5, 2013

Great!

I chose pause because some parts of the game could be scary. If your 5 year old just BEGS AND BEGS for minecraft, get the minecraft 4 kids texture pack. It does have some violence, but it has no blood, gore, or yucky parts. Pure blocks. It is addicting. It does NOT have positive role models, as an example, the NPC Villagers frown, cross their arms. They trade with you but you need emralds, and that might be to dissapointing for the younger ones. It teaches you about rocks, and making way cool things. About the servers. In servers, there is always a bully hurting your feelings or asking you for password. They use chat bar, and you can block that. But if your kid goes to youtube, allow them to watch Tobuscus, (good for the little kids) or SethBling, (good for the old ones. Tobuscus is annoying, but little kids will laugh and laugh and laugh. If your kid watches Annoying Orange, he will say that Tobuscus is that Nerville guy. He rarely says bad words, but he bleeps them out. His username is TobyGames. SethBling is all inventions, then showing you how they work. He says no bad words. The monsters, like Ghasts, make the most scary noises, but changing the difficulty to peaceful will take the monsters out and keep the cute animals and derpy squids. It is VERY hard. I suggest installing the HUDini mod, making it easy to craft. It is so hard, it is one of the reasons i said pause.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySomeone very smart October 5, 2013

Its safe (Keep away from servers and YouTube if you are against cursing).

I may only be fourteen but if for one second you thing this game is bad for your child then you must be out of your mind. You can turn off monsters. People swearing online has nothing to do with the rating of the game. There is a reason why ESRB says online interactions cannot be rated. Just keep your child on single player and if you don't want them to hear curse words in Minecraft, then keep them off the YouTube videos and don't let them play on servers. Some of the other reviews are probably from people that think that because is blocks means the online community in the game will be safe, so go with my review because I know what I'm talking about when it comes to this game. Thanks for reading!
Kid, 10 years old October 4, 2013

To: everybody who knows minecraft From: Fuffdog2

Dear all people who loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooove minecraft! I have something to tell all of you. what are all the monsters? I HAD ONLY PLAYED IT FOR A LITTLE BIT AND ALL I NOW ARE ZOMIEBS. and what is the ghost that looks like steve but the defut? thank you.
Kid, 9 years old October 4, 2013

Good, But Overplayed.

Yep, Overplayed.
Kid, 9 years old September 22, 2013

Very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very very veryv bad influence

Never let your kids play on any multiplayer server, it shouldn't be there. Kids will learn bad words from any server, on multiplayer it should ONLY be played by adults, and the only time kids should be able to play on multiplayer is when its just you and your friend in a small private server.
Kid, 11 years old September 22, 2013

Minecraft RULES!

Great game but if your under 7 have it on peaceful and mainly in single player.
Parent Written byKaynee September 20, 2013

Much more than a game

Minecraft is a game constantly updated with more features. It's a fairly cheap game and as soon you have purchased access for one account you will get all further updates of the games for free. For months I have tested this game together with my kids and they really seem to appreciate it. The other day me and my teenager had a talk about some real world things and two times I noticed he referred to Minecraft when trying to prove his argument. Minecraft is so much more than just a game. It is a way for kids to understand how things in the real world works. Sure, no all of the game physics are as in the real life but a good bunch of them are. Not only can kids learn things through this game but they can also team up with their friends to do it. Usually my kids are using Skype to communicate with their friends and it's great seeing them building their own community. Because not long ago they got a server off MinePick in a contest and were able to build their own community around it.
Kid, 7 years old September 15, 2013

minecraft is the best mineing game

its a realy good game for kids if you like a game with blocks this is the game for you but becarelful when you are entering the nether herobrine might show up and he sets traps and when he dies you get a big achiment i dont know what it is the mobs they are zombies spiders creepers enderman but also becareful when you enter a spesial nether there are lords of enderman and the ender dragon you can get it on a laptop imac computer ipad android iphone xbox 360 ps vita psp ps3 ps4 and the xbox one so if you are intrested tnstall it or get it on a divice.
Kid, 11 years old September 6, 2013

Minecraft is a classic game

It's relly fun and you can learn quite a bit. Personally, I think that multiplayer on a server should be 10 or 11 [Just because of the language other players use]. Also I don't know if common sense means 11 for multiplayer or 11 for both multi and single. Single player isn't bad at all for 11 year olds, but the only thing about songle player for 7 year olds is the monsters. If your child is afraid of monsters attacking them then they can just change the mode to creative and start to build things or even learn how to be creative. Bottom line is you can do alot of stuff on minecraft but there are different age limits. --------------------0--------------------------------------0----------------------- L O
Kid, 11 years old September 6, 2013

good for any ages

Minecraft is a great game about survival and building. you start somewhere it has some violence but no blood or gore so it can be played but it can teach someone the wrong way so beware the ones that are below 10 shouldn't be allowed to go on multiplayer servers
Kid, 12 years old August 31, 2013

Best. Game. Ever

I really love this game, and me and my 5 year old brother play it all day. Language can be an issue, but only if you play on multiplayer servers. The violence in the game is very calm, with no blood or gore.
Kid, 11 years old August 31, 2013

buy the game people

2 +
Teen, 14 years old Written byHazelwood August 28, 2013

Minecraft; A (very) Brief Overview

I really love this game and I think it has a positive message because you can build whatever you want and you can never be wrong with what you are doing. The game does have fighting monsters and killing animals (pigs, sheep, cows) for food and supplies but there are no graphic elements to it. You manipulate the world around you using tools that you build and protect yourself from monsters that lurk in the dark. The actual "goal" of the game is to kill the ender dragon and save the world, but most people who I know who play the game just play it to build their own kingdom out of blocks.
Kid, 11 years old August 28, 2013

Brill!

This is an excellent , educational game which helps children's geometry, geology, architecture and creative thinking. Not much violence, only attacking enemies and enemies attacking you. On multiplayer, bad language could be used on the chat-line. Overall it is a brilliant game.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybranman894 August 27, 2013

MInecraft is Amazing

Enough said.
Kid, 12 years old August 27, 2013

A great game for everyone

Minecraft is just a great game, you can build whatever you want in creative mode, or live on a limb in survival mode. the controls are easy, and you can change them to whatever you want. when you are killed, or kill a mob they just fall to the side and vanish without and blood or gore. when you die it just says, you died! and you can continue you world
Teen, 13 years old Written byDaverGamer August 27, 2013

A great and fun game!

I love this game! It's very fun and has alot of educational value. The game is blocks, sort of like Legos. There is some fighting with monsters, but the monsters aren't scary and monsters disappear in a puff of smoke. No blood or gore, either. This game is addicting so a time limit might be a good choice. Overall, a very nice and appropriate game for kids and parents, too!