All member reviews for Mirror's Edge

A refreshingly different take on first-person action.

Age

Adult Written byPvt. Sokolva January 5, 2011

Good but HARD!

Firstly, this is a hard game! Thats mostly why I set the age so high. Its really challenging; most kids will find this hard to master. I'd even venture to say a twelve year old, unless they are experienced with gaming, might struggle. Great graphics, its an experimental parkour game that really did what no first person game has ever done before. There is violence, but very little is done by you. And there isn't that much, honestly....most of the time, you are running away from a kind of "Big Brother" governemnt that sends police to shoot you, and you disarm and run from them. You can also shoot back...but gameplay makes this exceedingly difficult usually and your best bet is to run. Lot of fun. Not the best game I've ever played, but something completely new and certainly worth it, certainly. Difficult though. This is a hard game towards the end. Your kid will need really good fine motor skills and problem solving in order to get anywhere here.
Teen, 15 years old Written byRyukGodOfDeath November 10, 2009

Great game!!!

Maybe there is some swear words but this game is one of a kind, great graphics and brilliant gameplay, also, the main charictor (sorry if i spelt that wrong) faith is a great rolemodel for yound girls to stick up for what they thing is good, but dont try theese stunts at home!!! 12+
Teen, 13 years old Written bySupaRamen June 18, 2010

Good for 10+

Basically I like the game, it's kinda hard to get used to the controlls but overall its a 5/5 No blood, if any, very little. If you're getting hurt there will be a red area that indicates where you're being harmed from. Basically you're a "runner" They do Parkour and Free-Running from building to building. You're goal is to grab packages from one place to another without dying or getting caught by the enemy. Honestly if you're iffy about this game. Download the Demo on the PS3. It teaches you what you're basically going to do. It involves real Parkour/Free-Running stunts and actions professionals use. Search up Parkour on youtube or Google if you still don't understand what this game is about.
Adult Written bygamenerd323 November 17, 2009

One of the best first person games out there.

Mirrors edge is and acrobatic shooter in first person view. The graphics are amazing and the controls are easy. The game is not shoot em' up unlike it's relatives (strangle hold, Wet, max payne), in mirrors edge combat is only a portion of the gameplay. It is really a new genre of games, where you get enjoyment by hoping around and sliding and doing jumps with acrobatic summrsaults all in first person. This is a must get title I strongly recomend.
Adult Written by22LowBrass December 4, 2010
Kid, 10 years old December 5, 2009

Not Really Bad

Nothing's really bad about this game
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2015

Amazing game

I've played about four hours and this game is just amazing. There are some guns but no blood is shown when you shoot enemies. The only time blood is shown is on the screen when you get hurt, but it is not realistic blood.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDinostomper July 11, 2013

Action free runer.

It's very good. It's like a game where you run around and do cool tricks to get to a certain point. Along the way you can beat up cops. It's a good Action game.
Teen, 14 years old Written byProgamer May 7, 2010

Excellent. Pure Excellence. Parents Please Read.

I purchased this game on my 12th birthday, and found it to be fantastic. The great detail in visuals, combined with the quality of sound and realist feel of the gameplay really enhance the game. The language definitely is not an issue. There is only one case when the word S**t is heard, and several minor cases where d**n, and a** are heard. The violence is not bad at all, though there are cases where police and guards are shooting at you, and you do have to defeat several enemies (with either hand-to-hand combat or firepower) the blood is not an issue. There is only one case in the game were, for a moment, minor gore can be seen when you arrive at the site of a level, in a cutscene. You play as a heroic female trying to free her city from a corrupt government, but surprisingly, the game environment is not dark or "evil" seeming in any way. The gameplay itself is absolutely amazing. The main character is a freerunner, and most of the game you are moving across buildings, jumping from rooftops, and running on walls in a very realistic, Parkour-like fashion. The intricate level design, excellent voice acting, and amazing gameplay make this game one of the best game out there. I would highly recommend this game to anyone, it is great.
Parent Written bymirrors edge55 December 10, 2011

mirrors edge is a great and fun game

The game is about fixing the city and running from police.I think this game should not have been teen.
Kid, 11 years old February 25, 2011

Great game if you're 12 or over, iffy if you're not mature enough though

I love this game. I was amazed when I first played it, it was so different. You are a free runner and you run around the city doing acrobatic moves and stunts. There is some violence with a small amount of blood. Bad language includes s**t a couple of times, d*mn and h*ll are used throughout the game. There are negative messages and bad role models because you're breaking the law but there are positive messages and good role models because you're trying to help you're sister and fight for justice and what's right. In short, great game but some content unsuitable for immature kids.
Parent of a 12 year old Written bypanckaes223 March 7, 2010

its okay not very violent
Adult Written byFreedomFromCens... July 4, 2009

Short, but Fun and Unique.

If you love swinging from building to building, climbing massive towers, balancing on pipes hundreds of feet off the ground, then this is the game for you. The story is alright, but the game's length leaves you feeling unsatisfied with what you are given. This game can be completed within a day, and doesn't have too much of a replay value. Buy it if you find it for $20 or less. Shooting is prominent, but it isn't excessive, in fact your encouraged to not use weapons to subdue your enemies. Language can be filtered by simply turning down volume, although it's nothing worse than what you hear at school.
Parent of a 10 and 15 year old Written byAskmeanything March 22, 2009

Try It!

Mirrors edge is a very great game.My sons begged for this game not long after I bought them GTA IV.This game is fantastic.My sons played it nonstop and beat it in 2 days!The story is great and the fast motion running makes it seem like track and field.While you play as faith you seem to find Robert Pope dead with a puddle of blood coming out of his head.It's not that graphic though.I recommend this for your kids if they like first person games.
Adult Written byManic Bulldog February 14, 2009

Marathon Running!

Free running from a crooked police force, run by an over sensoring government, while trying to save your framed sister... what's not to love? LOL. This game was exceptionaly done and I enjoyed it all the way to the end. There were some tough points in the game that became frustrating to pass... but once accomplished you feel satisfied. Game is not overly violent and has an enriching storyline... recommend it for kids above age 13 due to it's challenging skill requirements the game is based on.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKai Wu September 25, 2013

PARKOUR SIMULATOR

It's a great game for young parkour fans it's the closest you'll get too the real thing without training and hurting yourself sure there's a bit of blood but it looks like red sand and some swearing like s**t and d**n the story is good but lacks complication
Kid, 12 years old March 3, 2013

LEARNING

Fine for Kids

although sometimes profane, there is extremely little blood, and you can complete the game without killing a single person.
Adult Written bypizzagrenade March 25, 2012

Good for gamers who need a challenge.

Mirror's Edge is nothing like any other game. Putting the player in the shoes of a Free Runner gives the player a different perspective on the gaming world. It is challenging and provides a good role model with the main character, Faith. I recommend this game to any gamer who is looking for a challenge.
Kid, 10 years old December 8, 2011

parkour rocks

I dont have kids but swearing is not bad I mean compared to Section8 Predjudice but parkour is made exiting in battle and real parkour moves makes me exited for when I start my classes when I`m 13
Kid, 12 years old April 23, 2011

pretty good

it has the occasional cuss word but make you think and concentrate very dynamic colors and good story