All member reviews for Mirror's Edge

A refreshingly different take on first-person action.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTacoSpartan December 10, 2010

Awesome and Interesting!

This game kept me on the edge, really! It's easy to die or slip or miss a ledge. So, I have to be careful. XD The controls are hard to grasp at first but you get the hang of it. The concept is so interesting too. And I love how you just simply manipulate the objects around you, and the combat is awesome too! And you can get a gun. :3
Teen, 13 years old Written byFalconpunch64 November 15, 2010

this game is filled with parkour goodness. and your trying to free the city of corruption and save your sister at the same time and so what sometimes you have to pick up a gun?
Teen, 14 years old Written bySnufselufsen June 1, 2010

Good game

Personally I love this game, and I think that most teens over 14 doesn't have any problems playing it. For those under 14 there might be some iffy stuff, but an eleven year old could play this without any problem, so it varies from child to child.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBEASTBOY13 March 19, 2010

great game

very fun to play, berily any blood visible, story's great, good grafics, it took me a while to beat it lol, its hard, died about a thousand times all together
Teen, 14 years old Written bytommy18 March 3, 2010

Not violent in nature, Good game.

Its a good game, Its not really violent at all. Most of it is free jumping and saving your sister i think, I don't follow storylines :P Very fun. A few cuss words. But overall ok for 10+ maybe.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDinostomper July 11, 2013

Action free runer.

It's very good. It's like a game where you run around and do cool tricks to get to a certain point. Along the way you can beat up cops. It's a good Action game.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLocoman99 July 21, 2012

Great, but needs to be understood

I say on for twelve because more than anything, it's hard. There is some shooting here and there, but little to no blood and you can actually choose not to shoot enemies and melee attack instead. This game infuses lots of parkour type stuff and over all is a great game that will keep you entertained!
Adult Written bypizzagrenade March 25, 2012

Good for gamers who need a challenge.

Mirror's Edge is nothing like any other game. Putting the player in the shoes of a Free Runner gives the player a different perspective on the gaming world. It is challenging and provides a good role model with the main character, Faith. I recommend this game to any gamer who is looking for a challenge.
Teen, 15 years old Written byP dump April 21, 2010

A fast-paced first person game based on the art of free running.

When you fist play through the totorial you'll be a bit confused by the control scheme. After you become aquointed with the layout you'll be impressed by the strange, fluid feel of the game. Although never mandatory, gun wielding is possible (and difficult). The piont of the game is to escape the corrupted police, not fight them. Several enemies are requiered to take down, and you can do this either with well-timed mellee attacks, of wresting control of a pistol or shot gun making the fight a bit more fair. You're always out numbered, so most of your time is spent running and dodging bullets. Aiming guns is difficult, and it's recommended that you just throw it aside and run. There's a fair amount of language but never tops the S-word. The game experience is fairly cenimatic, and the whole game is a mostly trial-and-error process. A decent first person game overall, and is a nice break from the traditional first person shooter genre.
Kid, 10 years old January 28, 2010

If they're is a gun... M

Today, if you do something violent, you'll get arrested. How is it that if you do it in a virtual world it's fine? I say anything with with an invention to kill an innocent person (or a bad guy) shouldn't be ''appropriate. That's my review, period.
Kid, 9 years old December 24, 2009

OK

This does not sound bad at all. Just maybe some bad words.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySpidey November 15, 2008

Great game but can make you dizzy pretty easy

Parent Written bymirrors edge55 December 10, 2011

mirrors edge is a great and fun game

The game is about fixing the city and running from police.I think this game should not have been teen.
Kid, 12 years old November 29, 2010

awesome for tweens

a very awesome game with ok great graphics and u can also do cool tricks while ur tryin to save the characters sis. u may have to kill the police though. ok for tweens and teens.
Kid, 9 years old January 25, 2011

WONDERFUL

FAITH DOSE BEAT UP COPS WITCH R BAD LIKE JAKE KNIFE AND FAITH LOOKS OUT FOR HER SISTER KATE
Teen, 14 years old Written byDarkneo449 May 7, 2010

Teen, 13 years old Written byKai Wu September 25, 2013

PARKOUR SIMULATOR

It's a great game for young parkour fans it's the closest you'll get too the real thing without training and hurting yourself sure there's a bit of blood but it looks like red sand and some swearing like s**t and d**n the story is good but lacks complication
Teen, 14 years old Written byJTK21351 February 13, 2009

Good game

A very revolutionary and entertaining game. It is not inappropriate at all. The only thing is that you can hurt policemen, but they work for a corrupted and evil government.
Kid, 12 years old January 21, 2015

Amazing game

I've played about four hours and this game is just amazing. There are some guns but no blood is shown when you shoot enemies. The only time blood is shown is on the screen when you get hurt, but it is not realistic blood.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPenguin_3163 January 1, 2015

Instantly one of the best games I have ever played.

Here in the UK, this game is a 16. That is absolute nonsense to me, and I think the US rating of 13 is better (I think it should be 12 in the UK). There is moderate language (such as fairly frequent uses of s**t, p!ss and a**) but you would find that in a 12 rated movie, and in school this language is heard every 0.01 seconds. I think this is a great game for people aged 11 and up, and please, please disregard the 16 rating when considering buying this game.