You're the hero in exciting Mario-type platformer MMO.

Teen, 13 years old Written byamjenkins July 31, 2011

Fun and Really Safe

I love this game and I'm sure that other kids, big or small will too. It's very basic, although you might need to help your kid once in a while with a puzzle or something. The chat is completely safe, and they won't let you use any bad words at all. I love this game and it was worth the download. Enjoy!
Kid, 10 years old September 11, 2011

Kisharoo's Review on Monkey Quest.

Dear Families, Monkey Quest is a fun, virtual world - a MMORPG {{for parents - Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game - I think}}. It's special and wonderful because, well, how many monkey games do you see now-a-days? Not that many, if you ask me. It's extremely cute, and wonderful for your younger children. The graphics are beautiful and unique, and the monkeys are each different. None can be exactly the same! Your child will never see a monkey with their name - it's completely theirs, and after they use it, they own it, and no one can use it. Over the time it has been open, Monkey Quest has become very popular. This does cause "lagging", or a very slow computer. I recommend to make sure that Monkey Quest is the only tab open - the only thing open when you play. That helps. I promise you, that your child will love this game. His or her face will light up, and this game will keep them distracted for at least an hour. If you need to cook dinner in peace, or if you want to look at television alone, this is the best thing to do it. It's appropriate, fun, and down-right addicting! Remember, tell your child what to do and what not to do online. Know your child. What games does s/he like to play? What is s/he scared of? Is s/he emotional? Although this game has slight violence, there is no blood or gore. The internet will always be iffy, but if you tell your child what to play and what not to play, if you tell your child to tell you everything about their online life, it will be fine. Keep your child safe, and make sure they ask before going on any websites that you don't trust. These tips will keep you happy, and your child safe. Have fun monkeying around! Sincerely, Kishy
Parent of a 6 year old Written byadainman April 22, 2011

Not just great for kids, but great for parents, too!

I'm a gamer dad that's always looking for great games to play with my 7-year-old. Every tiime I log on to Monkey Quest he lights up and we spend a good half hour jumping, swinging, and battling our way through a few quests. I like it because it reminds me of my favorite platformers. He likes it because it's funny and he gets to blast monsters. And yes, we did opt for the membership.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLitzyEstrada May 6, 2012

monkey quest

i think this game is fun
Teen, 13 years old Written byMr. Beiber July 24, 2011

Save the World of Ook!

I love this game! So fun! It's not weird! Monkey's are Cute!
Teen, 13 years old Written byKinbJune April 21, 2011

Boring Quest

This is a standard RPG. There's nothing special, and it might be a little too much to take in at first. I found this to be mildly entertaining, for 10 minutes. It uses Unity Web Player, the same program that Fusionfall uses, but this game seems to have cut down on its errors much more than Fusionfall did. They must've had a SUCCESSFUL Open Beta. It's a 2.5D side-scroller that is something to play if you're bored.
Parent Written byweed557 October 23, 2014

Scam of money...

1 month ago my 11 year old son started playing "Monkey Quest" a what seemed at first fun game. I has no problems with the violence, as no blood is show and the chat seems fairly moderated. So about 1 week ago my son asked if he could borrow my credit card to buy a membership on Monkey Quest. Thinking he would be responsible, I gave it to him. I discovered later that my card had been charged over 120$ from Monkey Quest. I found out from my son that when the purchase had not worked he tried doing it all over again. My son never received the membership, so I called them. They said because I had no proof of purchase, my purchases could not be refunded. Monkey Quest was banned from my house-hold soon after.
Kid, 8 years old July 1, 2014

A few downsides and upsides

The only downside is that membership costs 10.00. But the good sides are that u can't swear, it is fun and loveable, and all the ages can play it even the adults!
Kid, 11 years old October 14, 2012

NOT AS FUN AS IT USED TO BE.

The free trial is RUINED! They minimized how much nonmembers can do in ook. Mmebership is required for pets, actions, and more. The cards won't work unless you do not type in spaces. Don't bother.
Kid, 8 years old June 21, 2012

the superbest

i think it looks like a astonishing game
Teen, 15 years old Written byrandomtiger23 February 7, 2012

Horrible

well it addicts your children and they make you buy nick cash and membership and in this economy i think it should be shut down for flashing children
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2011

I guess it's good...

The game itself is clearly AWESOME. In fact this is my FAVORITE MMO game. But this game can cause a lot of lag, crashes, and negative computer issues. It's also an issue if you have an issue, because, other than billing questions, I find the supporters not-so-supportive. So typically I wouldn't recommend this game.
Kid, 7 years old September 20, 2011

being banned and seeing something stupid

well i got banned and i got something saying[sorry you are no longer aloud to log in to monkey because you have tried to many times it is for your own saftey]and i was a level 11 and i did all that for nothing!
Kid, 10 years old July 7, 2011

Parents Gather Your Younger Children

I found this game from watching the TV. I checked it out and found that it was fun, I finished the Free Trial, then it said I had to purchase Nick Cash or a membership to keep doing my Quests. Without Quests it is just battling, swinging, jumping, and exploring. I think it would be fun for younger kids.
Kid, 10 years old April 28, 2011

Boring but safe

I personally find it very boring.But that is my opinion.It was cute for like 5 minutes!? I mean really all u are doing is swinging and jumping nothin' more!
Parent Written byGaal P. September 25, 2016

awwadawd

waewawraw
Teen, 14 years old Written bySireena August 6, 2016

Amazing!!!

I LOVE THIS GAME! This was my second ever mmorpg, and I have loved it from day one! BTW, mmorpg means massive multiplayer online role playing game, in case you were wondering. This game doesn't allow anything inappropriate or gory AT ALL, so it's extremely safe for kids. Also, it sends a great message for kids. It tells the players that they're special and unique, and that's completely true for all of us. I would totally recommend this for anyone who likes adventure games, without all the blood, guts, and swearwords.
Kid, 9 years old July 11, 2016

Deleted virtual world was fun during its run.

This game was deleted in 2014, and I hope it comes back this year. There was a safe chat with no list to pick from so you could chat freely. You could customize a monkey and explore. The only violence is the funny weapons you use in quests, and the randomly occurring time when a monkey swirls in the juice machine. Advertising for NickCash (now known as Neocash) that can be bought through gift cards. NickCash can also be used in Neopets to get exclusive items and games. I hope this game comes back soon without download.
Educator and Parent Written byluismiguelz December 1, 2015