All member reviews for Monster Hunter Tri

Challenging RPG with some fantasy violence and alcohol use.

Kid, 11 years old December 2, 2010

Good for 11 and up

OK I agree that there is a good amount of violence but it's eaither your the hunter or the hunted and I think it's better to be the hunter in most cases.Yes there is a little bit of drinkning but you don't have to do the drinking thing in the begging of the quest.
Adult Written bydarkay223 January 1, 2013

Fantastic Game

It is one of the best games for the wii there is. there is much violence but blood can be redused to almost nothing in the settings. the controls are a bit difficult to propperly master. the enviorment is beautifull in this game you can go to much of different parts of the world like a dessert, the tundra and even volcanos. the multi-player is better then the single player. its a good game for 12 and up. (btw theres a whole bunch of 10 year olds complaining thats it a bed game without any good arguments so dont listen to them)
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlendercat August 18, 2011

Not the best for kids; great for young teens

I just bought this game, and I must say, it is very nice. While you can turn blood down, some is still visible. When using a Great Sword, after a swing connects, the sword will trail blood until the attack ends. This game contains some small humor; for instance, the chief says the player reminds him of himself in his youth, except 'My stamina gauge was longer.' A bit of a chuckle, but not the funniest. Also, the game can be difficult, and long. Kids who like to do something, finish it, and move on, may not want to buy this. To get really nice equipment, you need to redo quests where you kill large monsters. All in all, a great game for older players, both violence wise and gameplay wise.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDark Hunter November 9, 2010

Awesome game with a big learning curve

The number one rule with MH games is: don't give up. Yes, it's very hard starting out, but before you judge it, at least get past the second Lagicrus battle. As for maturity, it is kind of violent, but blood can be turned off in the options. Although you can get drunk by ordoring a meal of two drinks, it's more of a joke then anything. In online mulitplayer mode All players can communicate with other players via a chat in the bottom right corner of the screen. Talking with other players via Wii Speak can only be done with people you have added as friends, but since you can add anyone if they accept, there is a possability for a problem.
Teen, 13 years old Written bystarscore13 October 7, 2010

iffy 4 12+

good game with hunting and deadly beast around every corner. But does have lots o blood wen fighting, and if ur a girl character wen lose a life and the cats bring u back 2 camp panties are seen up skirt.
Kid, 10 years old July 21, 2014

Commen sence over reacted

This game is not harsh at all. It has close to no blood even with the blood turned on. There used to be online but it is no more. You have to kill some evil monsters who are making earthquakes. There is close to know drinking! Beware this game is frustrating
Teen, 14 years old Written bySwag Anderson June 20, 2014

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Review

This game is one of the few RPGs of our day that fully lives up to the meaning of epic. Stunning graphics, amazing monsters, sweet armor and weapons, epic quests, and a pretty good story. You take on the role of a hunter who's mission is to defeat or capture large monsters that are causing problems for the villagers. On your journey, you collect thousands of different items and create hundreds of weapons and armor sets. After progressing through the first two tiers of quests, you are joined by a small, impish looking creature named Cha Cha who helps fight monsters, takes hits for you, and provides some necessary humor. This game reminds me a lot of the Zelda series. It is set in a bright, happy, breathing world, has awesome (never scary) music, and amazing gameplay. I'm an experienced gamer (if I do say so myself) and I have had and am still having serious difficulty with this game. Unlike most games these days, even if you have super overpowered armor and a great weapon, button jamming won't win the battle. You have to strafe, dodge, stab, hide, and track your prey before bringing it down. This game also has a great multi-player aspect. You can team up with your friends locally (on 3ds), or go online with strangers (or friends if they have the WiiU version too). This game supports the accessory "Wii Speak" that lets you talk to your teammates online, so there is a slight possibility for vulgar language. HOWEVER, you have to have already friended them, so unless you know the person you're playing with, you can't actually talk to them. Now, the question you all want answered: Can my kids handle it? I obviously don't know your children and I realize that different kids can handle different games better than others can, but I would say that an experienced 11-year-old could play this game and be completely fine with it. Yes, the ESRB rated it Teen, but if there was a middle-ground between e10 and Teen, this game would definitely be put in that category. It has some very brief spurts of blood when your sword makes contact with a monster, but this can be turned down to a tiny flash that is necessary to indicate a hit on the Options Menu on the title screen. At the beginning of the game when you are creating your hero, the outfit he/she is wearing could be a bit more modest, but as soon as you start the game, he/she is provided with a set of leather armor that covers the whole body. The main reason this game is rated Teen is for the violence. It's really nothing to get worked up over though. Your fighting monsters (not people) to protect your village, the violence is never brutal, and your weapon is ridiculously large and slow. Overall, I would rate this game "Tween" for: Mild Blood, Fantasy Violence, and Mild Suggestive Themes. In conclusion, if your child is an experienced gamer who is over 10 years old, I strongly recommend this game. It's extremely difficult (and I'll admit, a little boring in the first couple tiers of quests), but it's well worth sticking with until at least the second Lagiacrus fight. I hope to see you all online soon!!! Until then, peace out and God bless!! - Swag Anderson P.S. If you're getting the 3ds version (like I did), I highly recommend the Circle Pad Pro accessory. The Touch Screen camera controls are really hard to use and make water battles virtually impossible. The CPP is definitely worth 20 bucks. Also, for the WiiU version, I suggest the WiiU Lan Adapter. It makes the online multi-player waaaaaay smoother and removes almost all lag.
Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2013

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Review

I own Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, the enhanced remake of this game,and given that there is no review forum for 3 Ultimate, I shall review it here. There is violence and blood in this game. The level of blood shocked me at first, but if you go to the main menu options screen, you can turn the blood level down(not off). You can play online and since it supports voice chat, someone could say something offensive.
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2013

an awesome game!

monster hunter is an amazing game!! sure it has a tiny bit of drinking (only one time, in the tavern you can get drunk by ordering a drink), and blood when you take a hit at a monster. the graphics are amazing, if you get close to a monster you can see the texture of its scales and fur. the soundtrack for EVERY monster hunter game is the greatest soundtrack i've ever heard on a game. would definitely reccomend this to 12 & up kids :]
Teen, 14 years old Written byConspiracyTheory April 9, 2012

A Review Worth Reading

This games graphics reminds me too much of the Zelda series. This game has violence, obviously you are hunting monsters but there's more too it. You work to help feed and provide for a small village that is constantly being threatened by monsters. The scenery in this game Is incredible for the Wii and has no dark theme or messages hidden in it. there is never any scary music only epic music during battles and more, scerene laid back tunes during your causal stroll through the meadow. Over all I give this game a 7/10 for its Fun-Factor: If you want a beautiful game full of action and details this is for you, if you are looking for an easy game you can beat in a week or two, look again. I am 14 and am a hardcore gamer and have had extreme difficulty with this game. Also there is no rush to get through the game. There are many small sub-quests you can complete for extra recources and money. Also, I would allow this to anyone 7+. It is a action packed game with (unrealistically large) swords, bowguns, hammers, and lances. With unrealistic enemies and goofy characters and music, your child should not have to worry with the "Fear" factor of this game. Thanks C.T.: Out.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypitatron February 11, 2012

BEST GAME ON WII!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The game is my favoriate wii game. It is very fun and strategic. If you play the demo, you may feel like its just another hack n slash, but thats only at the very beginning. It is a game you have to get into and once you do it is very addicting. The aclohol reference is really only online. You can drink beer but it doesnt do much. They are more for a comedic effect than anything. The blood is pretty unreallistic, it look like a blurry red slpat that dissolves into air, plus you can turn it mostly off, not all off, but mostly. Finally the violence is not graphic, but is followed by realistic cutting, smashing and slicing sound effects. The action is pretty fast paced. You can damage monsters body, for example, you can hit a monsters head enough to break it horns or damage a plate on its head. The only real graphic stuff is when you hit a monsters tail enough, it eventually breaks off. It is not bloody and it is not their entire tail, just the end part, with the spikes and what not. You only fight monsters, which are just giant lizard, dinosaur like things. Online has accesablility to wii speak, which might expose you to swearing and what not
Teen, 17 years old Written byPunk Artist October 19, 2011

Amazingly addictive.

This is by far one of my favourite games. The mix of upgrading your equipment and the changing your strategy to take down a monster is dangerously addictive. It is a little violent, but the biggest problem is the diffuculty. its not frustratingly hard, when you die its your fault, but the monsters dont forgive a mistake, so it may be too tough for younger players. also, the alchohol thing i still dont understand. you can take a swig of something, but we dont know what. one last note, make sure you have a connection to the internet through your Wii, it makes the game so much better.
Kid, 11 years old September 24, 2011

Amazing game but caution

I totally,again, disagree with many of the common sense reviews. This game has barely any bad things inside it,sure there's blood, but how does blood scar a child. If you are atleast 10 years old and above you should be able to take care of this game, though its hard sometimes, online play does not encourage and tries to block out all bad words, blood is the only caution ( but like i said before " how does blood scar a child") When you take a wack at an monster with some weapons there is blood, but WAIT, that doesn't mean you should close this down and tell your child "no". underwater show blood floating when you wack them and last at least 4 seconds till it fades. There is alchohol that you drink to gain energy and powers, but they would in i'de say 599 ad. over all wonderful game, age apropriate and perfect for those 10 and up kids ready to wack at some 100000 pound lizards and stuff.
Adult Written by11BK201 April 9, 2011

Great monster game!

I thuroughly enjoy this game. Some of the missions may be a little complicated for really young players but overal it is good for pretty much everyone. The point of the game is to either kill or capture various creatures so there is violence but the blood is very mild and not very well depicted. The violence is very mild and really isn't a problem. The only thing to really watch out for is when starting the game your main character doesn't wear much clothing (this includes both male and female characters). You quickly learn that more armor is better but you still spend plenty of time at the beginning without any armor. This being said, your characters still wear more than most people at the beach. My favorite part about the game is discovering new monsters and wandering around new environments. I love the fantastical world that Capcom has created. It's a great game to develope imagination.
Teen, 16 years old Written byArmadan October 4, 2010

Need to be a fan

Basically, if you aren't a fan of the game like 80% of Japan is - you will not like this game. Blood and violence is just typical for a hack and slash, and alot of strategy building and goal setting can be found within - but the Wii still is a terrible system to play this type of game on.
Kid, 10 years old August 9, 2010

oh i just cant describe it... oh yeah i can-STUPID

another game that addicts so many people but i hate. its a stupid game. your just a GUY in a SKIRT killing monsters with excessive violence and blood. like other games, my friend is addicted to it.
Kid, 11 years old July 28, 2010

Awesome game with breath-taking scenery! A bit complicated...

Awesome game! AMAZING scenery, epic graphics (as good as some Xbox 360 games) but complicated. Lots of control options, requires timing and quick fingers. If your skilled enough (Like me ;-]) it's fun and challenging. Violent with blood, BUT, you can turn the blood off in the OPTIONS menu. Online is good, because you can play and do missions with friends.
Teen, 16 years old Written byTiggy June 13, 2010

Tough to learn, but hard not to love.

The Monster Hunter series really do have a steep learning curve, involving dodging, timing, precise attacks, learning the monsters moves etc. Once you really figure out how things work, you'll have loads of fun. The online multiplayer is about 3x or 4x times harder because you are playing with 3 other players. It's a blast and I definitely recommend getting it if you love a challenge.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymnsymphony June 12, 2010

FUN. One of the best games for the Wii!

Sweet You are going to get alot of play time out of this! Very violent though.
Kid, 12 years old June 12, 2010

tweens and up

fine and fun but some violence and blood. That, was my old review. There is violence but it is all against dinosaur-like creatures. Blood sprays very briefly when you attack a monster, and lingers a bit longer underwater. Also, no suggestive themes? even mild? When you create a female character she is in a bra-like top and a short skirt. Definately should at least have mild suggestive themes on the rating...