All member reviews for Mortal Kombat

Bloodiest, goriest game since the series began.

Kid, 11 years old September 7, 2011

Check the ratings and stop complaining .-.

My friend was sitting right next to me while we were playing this. Im 11 and a girl and this didnt freak me out :I. My friends mom was sitting there screaming "Beat her up Beat her up!!!" There was at least one or two swears, at the end if you won they would say a victory phrase, but its CLEARLY rated for teens. Its basicly teen boys playing this game. Its there Largest fan base so they want to appeal to them. Effect: The ladie's outfits. =] They're just trying to appeal to there biggest fan base... I personally adored it. I didnt mind it. All the moms were okay with it. Gud Bye ^-^
Adult Written byFreyis May 26, 2011

A fun game

The game overall is fun. Yes it is violent but if you've taught your kid the difference between fantasy and reality it shouldn't be a problem. Kids don't learn morals from video games they learn them from parents your kid isn't going to suddenly become overly violent from playing a video game. That said the language in it isn't necessarily good for younger kids to hear as they tend to act like little parrots and repeat everything they hear.
Adult Written byjoshua martinez February 7, 2012

not for kids.

mortal kombat has always been the best fighting game since day one when the old school ones first came out but this new mortal kombat game is not for kids and parents you need to know that mortal kombat has one of the most over the top violence that you can ever imagine a lot of blood and gore also when you performed a fatality on your opponent it can be very disturbing and hard to watch also there is some partial nudity shown when it comes to the female characters there breast bounces up and down when they fight and also they dress inappropriate there's some strong language used in story mode but the only character that used strong language in story mode is jax.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMrsTkkibolo April 8, 2012

Better Than Most Horror Movies But Suggetive

Mortal Combat can be gory,but if you let your kids watch things such as "Saw" then this game is like a cut on the knee. But parents need to know that there are some suggestive parts such when the player "Mileena" lanches her knives, her breasts jiggels.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjmartin777 May 14, 2011

MK ROCKS

I think that this game is awsome in all ways. the last MK game didn't have gore or very fatal fatalities. I am twelve and me and my nine year old brother play my seven year old cousin and my five year old sister and other cousin play. THIS GAME IS AWESOME
Parent of a 12 year old Written byAdam ferriter May 2, 2014

Is it safe for kids

I think that the game shows gory violence but no sexual intercourse which is what I was worried about
Teen, 15 years old Written byjaclax182 April 21, 2011

buy it for your kid, if they're under 13 look into turning off fatalities and reducing blood

people ask why this game is so gory... its because thats what makes the game what it is. MK started out as a bloody arcade fighting game that turned heads and ever since then its been trying to keep that shock value it had when it first came out. you can turn off the blood and all that good stuff. if you take all that out its still a great fighting game, but it takes away that little spark MK has with its signature fatalities. MKvs. DC toned it down and thats why it felt like a half-a**ed fighting game that lost its spark by getting rid of the gore. im glad that MK finaly went back to its roots. and seriously you're concerned about you're kids playing violent video games? my parents are more concerned about keeping me away from drugs. when i was under 13 they were iffy about getting me T rated titles, after i turned 14 they didnt care because they knew i could handle it. seriously i bought dead space 2 with out any questions. all in all its a great game and i say go buy it
Adult Written bynolan14 October 15, 2014

Ok for kids 13 and older

While the game is filled with blood and gore it can be turned off with the code 900-900. Not for children with a weak stomach. I've heard rumors that the game has the f-word throughout it. This is not true. The women do wear skimpy outfits but, nothing is shown.
Parent of a 10, 12, and 14 year old Written byGimmick April 23, 2011

Great game, a must for any 12 and up.

This is an extremely violent game. There is some bad language in dialogue but its barely noticeable. Because the graphics are top-notch, the violent "x-ray" attacks and special moves seem so realistic. The "x-ray" attacks show what's happening inside the body of the victim while they're being injured and, although this is still very violent, they aren't as bad as the other attacks such as: dismemberment, decapitation and other VERY disgusting things. Not for under 11's.
Adult Written byTom_Gamer_Tom April 21, 2011

This is seriously no kids game.

Mortal Kombat is getting more violent every time it comes along. I don't like how over the top it has become. It is potentially the most over the top violent game I've ever even heard of. Comparable to the Violence in SAW 2. Like having a saw going through his crotch and cutting in half, is just sick and pointless. I do not see the point in this level of gore. Yeah, X-Ray scans showing how all the bones are crushing isn't the most pleasant thing I've ever seen in my life. Thing is, it's only a fighting game with an insane amount of gore, looking at Tekken with tons of gore. Too gory to enjoy in all fairness, I don't see any reason to buy it unless you are some person who adores gore.
Adult Written bysonicd April 25, 2011

Blood is Natural

Isnt it better for your children to play violent games instead of being a violent person? The message in this game is that fighting is dangerous. The reason parents dont want thier kids playing these games isnt because the child will feel uncomfortable, but the parent will feel uncomfortable seeing thier children playing the game.
Teen, 15 years old Written bygingersnap1138 April 22, 2015

No guts, no glory

The original arcade version Mortal Kombat is responsible for creating the ESRB, the ratings board for computer and video games. The level of violence contained within was so shocking to the parents of America that a previously unregulated industry was suddenly heavily policed. This was in 1992. The original game was 32 bit, marginally more graphically powerful than Pac Man. Now, the game is rendered in glorious, spleen rending 1080p HD, revealing each snapping tendon and sizzling kidney. I love Mortal Kombat. I really do. I love the satisfyingly juicy hits, I love the undeniably sexy weight that each punch packs, and most of all I love flinching at the gruesome acts of violence I inflict on my friends, or vise versa. But I am not a good role model. I was able to get the game due to my eloquence and strong argumental skills (I like to believe this, but the truth is that my parents just respect my ability to separate truth from fiction. I hope.). I am a broken teen with a host of tics and quirks that most Midwestern adults would find immensely unsettling (good thing I live on the West Coast!). As a broken teen, I have only but one piece of advice for parents: don't buy this game for your kids. Buy it for yourself, or watch footage of it on YouTube. Educate yourself, don't let reviews on sites like this describe it for you. Only you can decide whether or not your child is mature enough to handle this game. The ESRB was created for a reason, folks. And that reason was a 32 bit representation of a ninja pulling Jean Claude Van-Damme's head and skull off of his body and holding it in the air like a little league trophy. Get informed.
Parent of an infant, infant, infant, infant, infant, 6, 9, 12, 12, 14, 14, and 18 year old Written byjacobstolman March 30, 2015

no way should a kid play this

come on i usually have been against the ratings common sense says but this is no joke this game has blood nudity sex every thing no kid should play this there is swearing and a bar mission it was fun but i should never play a game online and find out i played against a KID.
Parent Written byPakistanPEGI December 20, 2014

No one under 18

Extremely Violent video game only for adults. Extreme Violence Bad Language(f--k,sh-t,bitch) Sexual Themes
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 February 14, 2012

After 20 years,one of the bloodiest and goriest game series to ever be made is back.In 3D.

First,let me just say this is not for kids under 15.I got this last year and I admit I'm probably a little too young for it.But,even my dad and I both have to agree its extremely campy and ridiculous.Yes,there are tons of finishing moves and ridiculous amounts blood but it's all a 'leave your brains at the door' game.Its extremely relentless but very cheesy,even with the 3D effects.I play this several hours everyday and have come to realise this is just a time waster bloodbath.Its a simulator.Even then,people under 15 shouldn't touch this.If your a parent,say no to MK.Ive played all of the mortal kombat games since the first one was released(started playing MK when I was 6 or 7) and I'm not affected yet.Many people tell me I'm too mature for my age.But I'm sure they're a bunch of mature teens who play MK out there too.Overall,MK is a unrealistic simulator which can be played by people above 12,but EXTREMELY mature.If your child gets warped thoughts or is violent,this is a BIG no.Many people are different,I can play MK and not grab a sledgehammer and start bashing people,others maturity may vary.The X rays are very graphic enough to scare kids so supervision is strongly advised.To conclude it all,not for every kid.I only have this on my PS3 not my Xbox so the graphic is greatly enhanced,the Xbox version may be recommended though I don't know how graphic it may be,just not all kids.
Parent Written byKittycat9876 June 27, 2011

AWSOME

Mortal Kombat sends good messages for kids the good guys are trying to save the world
Kid, 12 years old May 21, 2011

Excuse me, um, WHY ARE WE DISCUSSING THIS?!?

Has anyone else read the title for this video game? Mortal Kombat. You know, the game that over the years earned a reputation as THE most gory, violent, disgusting, and controversial games in gaming history? This video game is described as the revival of the series. Therefore, and lets just use our brains for a moment, it is more gory than the original. And, may I add, it is rated M. If you feel it may be too violent for your child, or that the rating should be enforced, enforce it. Just don't make the rest of us have to do as you say. Now, many hardcore fighter fans will be drooling over this game, and I say go ahead! It seems the fighting genre is on its way to recovery, having seen Street Fighter 4 and Tekken 6. Thanks for reading!
Teen, 14 years old Written byhippiegeek April 21, 2011

Greatest MK yet

Great game that offers several hours of gameplay for your buck. Wouldn't reccomend it to anyone offended by gore, but other than that it should be fine.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMercuryMan April 21, 2011
Yes, it's Mortal Kombat ready to create controversy among the gaming world and it's back with all new gory fatalities and attacks. In one word, this game is great. The story line is actually a thrill to play compared to games like Street Fighter and The King of Fighters. But what makes this game really fun is the controls. The controls are fluid and make moves easy to pull off, great for pick up and play. What is absent in most fighting games is unlockables, but Mortal Kombat is full of them; Concept art, movies, and costumes and so much more. Blood and gore is everywhere in this game so you might want to keep this away from your kids. Sliced body parts, x-rays revealing broken bones, and unthinkable fighting moves make this one of the goriest games I have ever played but if you are an older teen or adult that can handle that kind of violence, then you should pick up this game. Another great point is the multi-player, whether offline or online, will provide a great time too. So if you are the person that wants Street Fighter with gallons of blood and gore, then pick up this game because it will satisfy your blood thirst. :D
Teen, 14 years old Written byreds1999 August 30, 2014

MK9 is the best!

Mortal Kombat is the best game ever made. Creative storyline, good characters, awesome gameplay, and everything! A good, good, good, good, GOOD! game. The concerns about this game is the violence. In every MK game there blood and gore. In MK9, the violence are goresomer and nasty! Ew. I mean ripping a person in half? That's just wrong! The other concern is the swearing. You can hear in the dialounge boxes and you can hear verberbly. But not too strong. Just some mild and strong. The last concern is sex. All of the female have HUGE! boncing breats. Some of them are half nude. Ok. MK9 is very brutal and awesome. Because it earns itself a Off rating. So your kid can't play till he's 18.