All member reviews for Mortal Kombat

Kid, 11 years old September 7, 2011

Check the ratings and stop complaining .-.

My friend was sitting right next to me while we were playing this. Im 11 and a girl and this didnt freak me out :I. My friends mom was sitting there screaming "Beat her up Beat her up!!!" There was at least one or two swears, at the end if you won they would say a victory phrase, but its CLEARLY rated for teens. Its basicly teen boys playing this game. Its there Largest fan base so they want to appeal to them. Effect: The ladie's outfits. =] They're just trying to appeal to there biggest fan base... I personally adored it. I didnt mind it. All the moms were okay with it. Gud Bye ^-^
Teen, 15 years old Written byMercuryMan April 21, 2011

Yes, it's Mortal Kombat ready to create controversy among the gaming world and it's back with all new gory fatalities and attacks. In one word, this game is great. The story line is actually a thrill to play compared to games like Street Fighter and The King of Fighters. But what makes this game really fun is the controls. The controls are fluid and make moves easy to pull off, great for pick up and play. What is absent in most fighting games is unlockables, but Mortal Kombat is full of them; Concept art, movies, and costumes and so much more. Blood and gore is everywhere in this game so you might want to keep this away from your kids. Sliced body parts, x-rays revealing broken bones, and unthinkable fighting moves make this one of the goriest games I have ever played but if you are an older teen or adult that can handle that kind of violence, then you should pick up this game. Another great point is the multi-player, whether offline or online, will provide a great time too. So if you are the person that wants Street Fighter with gallons of blood and gore, then pick up this game because it will satisfy your blood thirst. :D
Teen, 14 years old Written byMrsTkkibolo April 8, 2012

Better Than Most Horror Movies But Suggetive

Mortal Combat can be gory,but if you let your kids watch things such as "Saw" then this game is like a cut on the knee. But parents need to know that there are some suggestive parts such when the player "Mileena" lanches her knives, her breasts jiggels.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycerealkiller189 February 14, 2012

After 20 years,one of the bloodiest and goriest game series to ever be made is back.In 3D.

First,let me just say this is not for kids under 15.I got this last year and I admit I'm probably a little too young for it.But,even my dad and I both have to agree its extremely campy and ridiculous.Yes,there are tons of finishing moves and ridiculous amounts blood but it's all a 'leave your brains at the door' game.Its extremely relentless but very cheesy,even with the 3D effects.I play this several hours everyday and have come to realise this is just a time waster bloodbath.Its a simulator.Even then,people under 15 shouldn't touch this.If your a parent,say no to MK.Ive played all of the mortal kombat games since the first one was released(started playing MK when I was 6 or 7) and I'm not affected yet.Many people tell me I'm too mature for my age.But I'm sure they're a bunch of mature teens who play MK out there too.Overall,MK is a unrealistic simulator which can be played by people above 12,but EXTREMELY mature.If your child gets warped thoughts or is violent,this is a BIG no.Many people are different,I can play MK and not grab a sledgehammer and start bashing people,others maturity may vary.The X rays are very graphic enough to scare kids so supervision is strongly advised.To conclude it all,not for every kid.I only have this on my PS3 not my Xbox so the graphic is greatly enhanced,the Xbox version may be recommended though I don't know how graphic it may be,just not all kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written byroach4 October 9, 2011

mortal kombat

i think that this game has 4 in a half out of 5 stars
Teen, 14 years old Written byjmartin777 May 14, 2011

MK ROCKS

I think that this game is awsome in all ways. the last MK game didn't have gore or very fatal fatalities. I am twelve and me and my nine year old brother play my seven year old cousin and my five year old sister and other cousin play. THIS GAME IS AWESOME
Kid, 9 years old May 8, 2011

NOT FOR KIDS UNDER 16 YEARS

well i am 9 years old and i played it JUST FOR 10 SECONDS AND it was too much blood and it was scary SO I SAY IT : NOT FOR KIDS
Teen, 14 years old Written byhippiegeek April 21, 2011

Greatest MK yet

Great game that offers several hours of gameplay for your buck. Wouldn't reccomend it to anyone offended by gore, but other than that it should be fine.
Kid, 11 years old September 15, 2011

the gory gamer

not for under 16 (no joks
Teen, 16 years old Written byteamjacobgirl2.0 May 21, 2011

disgusting from what i can tell

I have not played this game (remember not a gamer) but, I have seen trailers because my brother is a gamer and its even too gross for him. The game, as far as I can tell, is all about ripping people up and playing half naked women. Now I have to agree with CSM on this by saying, parents do not let your kids play this game. I am not squemish (not sure I spelled that right) but, this game is bad even for me and my brother.
Kid, 12 years old May 21, 2011

Excuse me, um, WHY ARE WE DISCUSSING THIS?!?

Has anyone else read the title for this video game? Mortal Kombat. You know, the game that over the years earned a reputation as THE most gory, violent, disgusting, and controversial games in gaming history? This video game is described as the revival of the series. Therefore, and lets just use our brains for a moment, it is more gory than the original. And, may I add, it is rated M. If you feel it may be too violent for your child, or that the rating should be enforced, enforce it. Just don't make the rest of us have to do as you say. Now, many hardcore fighter fans will be drooling over this game, and I say go ahead! It seems the fighting genre is on its way to recovery, having seen Street Fighter 4 and Tekken 6. Thanks for reading!
Teen, 15 years old Written byjaclax182 April 21, 2011

buy it for your kid, if they're under 13 look into turning off fatalities and reducing blood

people ask why this game is so gory... its because thats what makes the game what it is. MK started out as a bloody arcade fighting game that turned heads and ever since then its been trying to keep that shock value it had when it first came out. you can turn off the blood and all that good stuff. if you take all that out its still a great fighting game, but it takes away that little spark MK has with its signature fatalities. MKvs. DC toned it down and thats why it felt like a half-a**ed fighting game that lost its spark by getting rid of the gore. im glad that MK finaly went back to its roots. and seriously you're concerned about you're kids playing violent video games? my parents are more concerned about keeping me away from drugs. when i was under 13 they were iffy about getting me T rated titles, after i turned 14 they didnt care because they knew i could handle it. seriously i bought dead space 2 with out any questions. all in all its a great game and i say go buy it
Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2011

This is my favorite video game since Call of duty black ops

I bought this video game for my birthday and this game is AWESOME!!! because it has great action moves,fatalitys,and you can be diffrent characters in the story lines. In the challange tower you can get over 100 points for completeing a challange. In krypt its a store where you can get character costumes and paintings and cool stuff. I have the PS3 verson so i can play Kratos and he has GOOD!!!! action moves. Buy this game for PS3 or X-box 360
Teen, 14 years old Written byHotaru Chan August 5, 2011

No kids? Really?

I've known 5 year old kids who play Mortal Kombat, and they're not out chopping people up and ripping out their spines or anything like that, as the review seems to think. It does depend on the parents - my mom is totally fine with all the violence, and actually finds that quite interesting. Anyway, on to my review, which is a lot more laid back. For all the good stuff (positive messages and role models), I'd say there are plenty of good natured characters, seeing as how most of them are attempting to stop Shao Kahn from taking over Earthrealm. They don't even really kill people in the story mode - most of the time you're just defeating the opponent and leaving it at that. There are deaths, but all of them are in cutscenes. The controls are quite easy if you can remember the attacks; meaning you'll probably pick just one character and want to stick with them, rather than having 5 characters and forgetting their combos once in a while (but if you can remember all their moves, hey, go for it). The Fatalities are also pretty easy to perform - especially if you have an online guide and can just look up exactly how to do it, plus the game is nice enough to give you plenty of time to perform it. Obviously, this game has en excessive amount of blood and gore - heads will roll, bodies will get ripped in half like a wishbone, and they tend to explode from the inside pretty often. Of course, all of this is pretty entertaining, but not for the weak-stomached (but if you're like that, I doubt you would be playing this game anyway, so that all should be good). The females often wear exposing outfits; but nothing bad is shown. The worst you'll see is a butt or so, but everything else is covered. I honestly can't think of a time when someone cursed - I'm probably wrong on that, but I haven't heard one F - bomb at all. There's an occational 'D***' and 'H***', but even so there's not that much. Overall, this is an amazing game. The storyline is fantastic, the character models are awesome, and the Fatalities are as brutal as ever. You must play this game - even if you're not a fan of fighting games. I can guarantee you'll find something out of it. I give it 5 stars. Flawless Victory.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovieaddict725 May 15, 2011

A great fighting game for older teens.

This is a great fighting game for ages 14+. The violence is insanely gruesome and brutal but it's MK, so it's expected. The women in this game have very large breasts and dress very lightly, but there is no sexual activity. There is no language, I don't know why it's M for strong language.
Teen, 16 years old Written byNeatDude27 March 4, 2015

Amazing game.

Very awesome game! Great graphics, gameplay but seriously CSM do you actually play the game before you judge? If you don't then it's really stupid of you to put a review up with nonsense same goes with everyone who hasn't played and actually writes a review for it we all know MK10 will be the bloodiest if the series and there's no half or partially naked girls it's absurd.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykyuremlover February 15, 2015

Too Intense

This game is so horrible.I played this game over my cousin's house and I was already terrified. i I wouldn't even recommend this game for under the age 20.Also the female characters look like if they were invited to a strip club. Promise me,I would rather play Tekken with no blood and horrible deaths, than seeing a guy pulling of it's mask,showing a flaming skull and burning people to death.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySaad1Khan November 18, 2014

Aww-some game!

At least for 15 year old boys or girls.Contains intense violence and some sexual themes also contains bad language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byreds1999 August 30, 2014

MK9 is the best!

Mortal Kombat is the best game ever made. Creative storyline, good characters, awesome gameplay, and everything! A good, good, good, good, GOOD! game. The concerns about this game is the violence. In every MK game there blood and gore. In MK9, the violence are goresomer and nasty! Ew. I mean ripping a person in half? That's just wrong! The other concern is the swearing. You can hear in the dialounge boxes and you can hear verberbly. But not too strong. Just some mild and strong. The last concern is sex. All of the female have HUGE! boncing breats. Some of them are half nude. Ok. MK9 is very brutal and awesome. Because it earns itself a Off rating. So your kid can't play till he's 18.
Kid, 11 years old June 7, 2014

Great game

This is a great game but it has gore if your under 12 you should probably not use Xrays.