All member reviews for Nancy Drew: Alibi in Ashes

Solve Nancy's latest mystery with help from her friends.

Learning(i)

Kid, 10 years old November 6, 2011

awesomeness

i think this game is very good it is not educational and dosent have positive messages it not violent. so you should buy this game its very fun to play even after you beat the game!
Teen, 15 years old Written byreaglecelina December 29, 2011

Great game- if you don't like mysteries though..

I've played all the Nancy Drew games. Have been since I was eight or something. It's not that the game isn't completely appropriate for kids under ten, you just can't really understand the game as well or solve the puzzles. The puzzles aren't THAT difficult. If you're really frustrated with one they have good message boards- monitored tooth and nail- that can give hints. The game was slightly disappointing for me personally. Only because I've played each game multiple times. I wouldn't have not played it though. It's sort of a given that I buy each one. One of the few computer games I really enjoy though. If you're not into the mystery and adventure genre, don't get it. There's also slight violence in almost each Nancy Drew game, just to make it more exciting. Any one who can solve the game easily would be fine with the level of violence though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDangerRanger101 December 2, 2011

A fine game, but not as good as the past games

This game wasn't bad, but I've seen better games. There were a few more problems with the game. The #1 was the plot. I feel that it was absoluptely ridiculous because Nancy has done nothing but good deeds, when she's suddenly accused of arson, now that just doesn't make sense! Another problem was the puzzles, this time there weren't very many and when there were they were often frustrating. But the real concern was the amount because without the puzzles, your just wandering around talking to people, boring! Also, some scenes could get a bit violent, like when Nancy dies from smoke inhailation the sound effects may frighten sensitive people. Another frightening scene is when a rock is thrown through the window, that part really scared me because someone could've been hurt and I am a bit sensitive.The best thing was the characters. Nancy is a good role model because she's persistent and kind. And the people you can play as (Bess,George, and Ned) are always there for Nancy in her time of need. But the suspects, with the exception of Toni and Alexi, were bad role models because they were disrespectful, unsympathetic and other bad things. The worst was probably Brenda Carlton because she was always talking about getting revenge and she was untruthful. She'll do anything to get a juicy story, even if it meany lying or trying to frame/kill someone. You'll definetly want to talk to your kids about the consequences of lying. But this really isn't a bad game, just not as good as some of the past ones, so if your new to these games I would recommend starting with the older games. But, if you don't like this game there are a few other things you can do. 1. Play around with the cell phones 2.If you play as Bess, George or Ned, order ice cream 3. Play that word game in the ice cream shop. If all else fails, just go exploring and try not 2 get caught. One last concern I have is that one character says "shut up" so families may want to watch out for that. Overall, this game is very fine but it's not perfect. I think that they could've done atleast a little better with this game but it's not horrible. I say pause because this game may scare some sensitive people, so if you're child is sensitive then you'll definetly want to talk to them about the frights. Also, some people who've read the origonal series may not be too pleased with what they've done with Bess. See, in the books she was always described as being "slightly plump" but in this game she looks like a little miss perfect! I just don't see the need to make girls look so perfect! I mean she isn't like those models and movies stars, but her figure doesn't fit her description, so you may want to talk to your girls about body image. But that isn't a huge problem, but it may still be good to talk about just incase.