All member reviews for Nancy Drew: Ransom of the Seven Ships

Teen, 16 years old Written bybeccylucy March 5, 2014

Love the puzzles!

The Ransom of the Seven Ships is defiantly not the best Nancy Drew game I've ever played, but it's defiantly not the worst. The story is interesting (That Bess is missing) and it's lots of fun to be able to switch between Nancy and George (My sisters and I actually turned into George and tried to get Nancy to come so we could see her.), but it's also not very intense. When I originally read the description, I thought it was going to be a little bit more intense but it wasn't. One of the upsides to the game though, is the puzzles, especially the underwater Sudoku puzzle. My sisters (who hate puzzles) HATED this puzzle but I LOVED it! I loved having to make my own board and transfer the colors to numbers and work within the time limit. Over all, the puzzles in this game are more difficult than most of the 'normal' Nancy Drew puzzles and the story is a little harder to get into, but it was defiantly worth the play, and I will for sure play it again on the Senor level.
Teen, 13 years old Written byDangerRanger101 July 26, 2011

A little iffy at times, but still a good game

This game may be a tiny bit intese for some people with the plot that revolves around someone getting kidnapped and also the monkies can be kind of agressive and the bird may be a bit loud (which isn't a huge concern). But it's some of the events which can be scary, like when Nancy gets trapped in a cave-in and talks about their not being much air, or *spoiler alert* at the end of the game when Nancy is trapped by the culprit, Dwayne Powers. But Nancy is a good role model and kids will get a kick out of Kou Kou the talking bird. Koukou is also very helpful because if you're playing on junior mode and you give her fruit, she can give you hints. But the puzzles can be a bit tricky and the last one can even be disturbing if you don't solve it correctly because then a cave-in occurs. Also, getting stung by jellyfish too many times can result in a very scary scene where one big one comes closer and closer. But, this game also gives you some lessons kind of hidden inside. Like how you have to come up slowly from the water when scuba diving because if you don't, Nancy dies. I actually find that reasonable because it teaches kids about the bends and it doesn't just let you come rising up to the surface. Overall, this game has a few flaws but it's a little less violent then some of the other games and like I said the kids will definetly like the talking bird. If you're looking for a good mystery then this is a good choice.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshayshay96 March 22, 2011

perfect for anyone who likes driving the ND cars

I loved this game alot, its one of my faorites, and i love how they bring back an old character that nobody remembers (its a secret!!) its a pretty great game, and i love that instead of CALLING bess and george for hints, you actually get to see george in the flesh!! its a good game and i highly recomend it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypizzavince June 13, 2010

Slightly Disappointing

I was looking forward to this game alot, and I must admit I was slightly disappointed by it in the end. Don't get me wrong, now, it was a fantastic game. However, it wasn't quite as good as the other Nancy Drew games. It was definitely a bit trickier, and there weren't many characters. The characters that WERE there were poorly developed, too. I rate this iffy for 10+ because it is, as I said, slightly more challenging than its partners. I would still recommend it to any Nancy Drew fan, as it remains a masterpiece from HER Interactive.
Kid, 11 years old December 14, 2009

fun game

I love Nancy Drew!
Teen, 13 years old Written byjennyhumphery September 29, 2009

Ransom Of The Seven Ships SPOILER DO NOT READ THIS REVIEW IT GIVES AWAY THE GAME

I like it. In this game you knew who the victim was and the villan because besides George Fayne the only other person on the island is Johnny Rolle who is also a old person you put away in old game his name is Dwayne Powers from game 2 in the series. In this game you finally get to see Bess and George 4 the first time ever. It dosen't have cognitive skills like game 1-9 .Still I highly recamnd it . Parents if your child struggles a lot in the game use a game walkthru at www. gameboomers.com
Kid, 10 years old August 6, 2009