All member reviews for Nancy Drew: Secret of the Old Clock

Drive Nancy Drew's car to solve a mystery!

Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2010
Teen, 13 years old Written byDangerRanger101 March 7, 2012

Classic game, but a few iffy scenes

This really is a classic game. Parents, those of you who read the books as children will definetly have fun walking down memory lane. This game is based off of the first four books in the series. One thing that I like the most is the music, it's classic 1930's style music and you may find yourself moving to the catchy beat. Another really good thing about this game is the educational value, kids will most likely learn what things were like back then and they will also learn quite a few things about the Great Depresssion. Of course, Nancy is a good role model because she's persistent and she is a good friend towards Emily, because she helps her while she's greiving the loss of her mother.But, this game isn't flawless. One thing that may be a bit bothersome if the frustrating puzzles, one in particular is the mini-golf puzzle where you have to get a certain score inorder to complete it. Then there's the sewing puzzle where you'll definetly need a steady hand because you have to stay in the guidlines while sewing the dress. Another concern is the violence. One violent scene is the kitchen fire where something goes wrong in the kitchen (I think the stove was left on) and it burns up. Then, there's the scene where you have to grab a piece of paper, if you try to grab it on the bridge, Nancy falls off and dies. It's not graphic, but the thought may scare some alone. But, one of the mildest scenes is when Nancy gets a flat tire, you get it from driving over to many potholes, but trust me when I say her car can take quite a lot of abuse. What happens is when you do get a flat, you have to change the tire, in one step instead of putting the lug nuts on correctly, you can do them by hand. When that happens, all that occurs is that Nancy won't be able to drive her car and you'll have to click the "second chance button". Overall, this is a very good game and also a very classic game. But, be aware of the hard puzzles. But i'd say this is one of the mildest games in the series as far as the violence.
Teen, 13 years old Written byAleksandra April 9, 2008

Great Game

Great educational and fun game that takes you to the past. I highly recommend it to anyone! Nancy sets a good example for kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySashasumba123 April 7, 2009

Ok Sashasimba123

sashasimba said this one is very fun but is boring at the same time if u know whut i meAN
Adult Written byleftylenn April 9, 2008

Nancy Drew PC games rock!

My daughter (and I) LOVE these Nancy Drew computer games. She has them all. They are challenging and entertaining. The graphics are great (except for one of the early ones that has less sophisticated graphics). I actually bought one of these games for myself and I'm 39! My daughter started playing them about 3 years ago and the latest one is always on her birthday or Christmas list. It usually takes her from 15-20 hours of play to complete the mystery. She has loaned them out to numerous friends who also love them. They are my very favorite PC software for kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydklink94 April 9, 2008

GREAT MYSTERY GAME!

this game is based on the first ever Nancy Drew book. this game is full of fun and challenging mini-games and puzzles to solve. great for 7+
Adult Written byHeroneSilverton April 9, 2008

The worst in the series

Nancy Drew games are very good games, but in my opinion, this was by far the worst one. It was charming and all, but it seemed very short, very easy, and I felt like there were a lot of loose ends left open. I am very dissapointed with it. It was definatly not worth the twenty dollars I paid to buy it. Don't judge all of the Nancy Drew games on this, because usually, they are challenging and fun, and have a lot more gameplay. I hope that her interactive will go back to the Blackmoor Manor type of game and will not continue with the way this game turned out.