All member reviews for Nancy Drew: Shadow at the Water's Edge

Teen, 13 years old Written byfirefrost123 June 7, 2011

Awesome game!

This is one of my favorite ND games. I think it is very educational because Nancy encounters some challenging puzzles that require some thinking. Nancy Drew is a very good role model because she sticks on a case no matter what happens. There were 2 parts that scared the pants off of me (don't read the rest if you don't want to know when they are) Nancy walks into a bathroom, then walks directly up to the mirror and behind her is this creepy ghost girl just standing there. (It's strange because you don't see Nancy in the mirror.. Hmm...) But then the mirror breaks and she disappears. The next part is near the end of the game when Nancy finds a secret room. You finish a puzzle then when Nancy turns around there is this creepy looking ghost girl that charges toward you and pushes you into the water and holds you there while you finish a puzzle to get out. Other than those parts it's mostly just shadows, and footprints.
Teen, 14 years old Written bygamingurl23 November 1, 2010

A Gr8 Game!!

Ok So I Have Played ALL The Nancy Drew Games & This Is One Of My Faves!! It Is Creepy & Scary(Which Is What I LOVE!) It Is'nt gory or To Vilolent(Some Stuff Jumps out at u but that's it!) Some Images Might be scary but i play this with my little sisters(5 & 10) & it didn't scare them! But It Is A Gr8 Game & Worth A Buy!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bybeccylucy March 5, 2014

Love to play

My sisters and I LOVE to play Nancy Drew games together, so we are constantly getting many different points of view on a game, and this game, for me, is defiantly one of my favorites. The main reason behind this is because I love the thrills, but for my middle sister, who hates things jumping out and anticipating things jumping out, this is her least favorite game yet, and (after we finished it) she refused to play it again. As for the puzzles, they can be quiet difficult to solve, but (me being the one who loves puzzles) I really enjoyed the many different, traditional Japanese puzzles (like the nonogram, the renogram, and the door lock puzzle). My sisters though, who don't like difficult puzzles, would walk away and let me deal with these puzzles on my own. All in all, this game is great for kids who love puzzles and want to be a little bit freaked out, but not scared to death (although, I wouldn't suggest playing it late at night or anytime when you are alone, especially home alone).
Teen, 13 years old Written byFarmgirl2221 August 31, 2012

GAH! Oh, its just the leading screen...

SCARY!!! OH! Wait, just the tv... Awesome game, too...
Kid, 12 years old November 17, 2011

Awesome! MUST HAVE! but of course...A coupld warnings

I thought this game was AMAZING! The graphics were good ad the dialouge interesting! ITS A MUST HAVE! But heres a warning: Unlike most (rember most! some of these games are like this in the challenge way!) ND games this once has a couple more complex puzzles that had me trying them for days! (picture frame and the diagram.) Another thing is that this game was quiet frightning. Now, if your a thrill seeker like me its a fun type of scare, but if your not really into it id recomend covering your eyes!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDangerRanger101 August 22, 2011

Very Scary! But, fun

The "ghost" can jump out at you when you least expect it. Two excellent examples are the mirror scene where the ghost comes forward and shatters the mirror. Also *possible spoiler* near the end when you go into the baths the ghost comes out and traps you underwater and if you don't escape in time Nancy drowns and the the way it's presented is not pretty and quite frightening. On the positive side this game does teach you a fair amout of Japanese culture, like how red means bad luck or when you're writing your name in Japanese. Also, you correct students' papers and that can help kids who are new to America. Another poitive is Nancy, of course but also one character is kind and gentle and explains things in a nice way.
Teen, 14 years old Written bypizzavince July 6, 2011

Creepy!

I love this Nancy Drew game. It is probably the scariest, spookiest, creepiest one. Which is a good thing for most players, but perhaps not for younger fans. However, I gave this a pause for 10 year olds because the puzzles might be too challenging for ten year olds. If your child's super smart - go for it!