All member reviews for Nancy Drew: The Haunted Carousel

Loads of fun to play.

Kid, 11 years old September 10, 2013

from an eleven year old

this game is pretty scary and im very sensitive first its very scary when you enter the roller coaster room and nancy almost gets ran over by it if you dont get her foot unlocked she could die but there are second chances and SPOLIER ALEART at the end of the game this guy named elliot comes close to you like hes going to strangle you and when you go down the stairs and enter the closet he just pops up thats the kind of stuff that scares me but if you love scary challgeing games like theese you would love this game and sorry if you did not want to hear this but on one of the other games like the blackmoor manner thats just plain CREEPY well it is to me but i cried after both games i was nine when i played this game but was ten when i playeed the other now i wanna sleep in my grandparents room just for reading the reviews but conclution know your kid if he or she is like me witch is shy and you know PLEASE dont let them play theese games just let their freind come over the house or buy them a phone bu please please please listin to me thanks
Teen, 15 years old Written bysupersluth March 22, 2012

wrong rating

Nancy can die in this game. She can get killed by a villan and get crushed by a pole. This game is a little chalinging.
Kid, 12 years old February 24, 2012

Fun, exciting, and easy

I found this Nancy drew game to be one of the "easier" games. I think it's fun that you can order food and ride the carousel ect. There were a couple scary moments **spoiler alert** like when Nancy almost gets her foot run over by a roller coaster or when she falls down some stairs and of course when you find out who the culprit is. I think nancy is a really great role model and shows perciverence, courage and intelligence. I think she is a great role model for kids!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDangerRanger101 July 26, 2011

May be scary for sensitive viewers, so better for 11 year-olds

I don't think you took a good look at this game. Sometimes Nancy can be injured. One thing that may be upsetting or even scary for sensitive kids is the part where you have to free Nancy's foot, if you don't finnish in time it shows the illusion of the coaster running over her foot but her foot is never actually shown being run over but it's really no less dramatic and still a little frightening because it almost looks like she got hit in the head with the roller coaster.One of the worst ones is when you use Elliot's lathe, if you don't put on safety goggles Nancy gets wood in her eye! now that's just terrible!She can also get electrocuted in two ways, 1. If you try and fix something without turning the power off, 2. When you try and reconnect the wires to free Nancy's foot and youu don't turn the power off. Also, *spoiler alert* in the end she can get attacked by the culprit and it's really scary!, trust me the first time I saw it I got really scared, especially because it's shown through a 1st person perspective so it look like you're getting attacked. Another concern is that paula isn't a good role model because she shows no empathy for Nancy if Nancy hurts herself. But Nancy Drew is a strong role model because she's persistent and basically anything good you can think of. But you may also struggle with the puzzles a bit because there is no skip option and they are pretty challenging. But one thing that's good is that one character named Ingrid Corey mentions vitamin B3, Niacin and it may encourage you to do more research, like what happened with me. Overall this is a good game, it may have some concerns but nobody's perfect and they're just trying to stay true to the origonal series, so you have to understand that these things would most likely happen to Nancy. Think of all of the times she got hit over the head or had something else happen to her.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCelticGirl February 27, 2011

Really Fun but a little Violent

I LOVE Nancy Drew games! They are easy to learn to play-but they aren't so easy that you get through it really quickly. There are puzzles you have to figure out-sometimes they stump me, and I am really good at stuff like that! Nancy's friends can help her if she calls them, and Nancy almost always tries to see the good side of people. The game can be a little violent sometimes-SPOILER-Someone tries to run over Nancy with a rollar coaster, tries to kill her by dropping something heavy from above her, and, at the end, if you don't figure out something, the bad guy reaches toward you are it goes black, implying that you were killed. However, it that happens, there is a "Second Chance" button that you can use to try that part again. You also have to use it if you don't complete some puzzles. I had to use it almost 12 times! It is a great game though, with lots of brainteasers. I love it!
Kid, 11 years old May 25, 2010

great game

awesome game
Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2010

My Rating: A+

This was my first Nancy Drew game and I have loved it since I got it on my 8th christmas!
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2010

Kid, 11 years old June 29, 2009

A great starting game

this is a very easy game and my brothers -who's younger than me- first game. They're thoughroughly enjoyable and a good starting game. I've seen better, but it's a great first game.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySashasumba123 April 7, 2009

Ok Sashasimba123

This is my 4th favorite and is good from 7-14 years old
Teen, 15 years old Written byski123 April 9, 2008

Lots of Fun!!

This game allows you to act as Nancy Drew. Your job is to find out why rides are breaking down, and why a carousel is moving all by itself at night. You can talk to employees of the park, an artist, and the park mechanic to gather clues and ask questions. You can also pick up objects to help you throughout the game. This fun game provided me at least 15 hours of gameplay. I recommend it to boys and girls of all ages.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydklink94 April 9, 2008

FUN-NESS!

teaches kids how to solve puzzles and is easy enough for kids ages 7 to figure out but not too challenging.