All member reviews for Nancy Drew: The White Wolf of Icicle Creek

A "chilling" mystery of sabotage for tweens & up.

Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byDangerRanger101 July 26, 2011

Some concerns, but still a good game for mystery lovers

There are times in the game where things can get a bit violent. Like, when Nancy gets hit with an Ice ball and is knocked unconciouss. Or when an avalanch hits and Nancy gets buried also, you can crash the snow mobile. One of the sillier ones are when Nancy has snow ball fights with a girl names Freddie, so kids will probably find that alot of fun. Nancy is very patient but you can make her abandon her cooking duties and the owner of the lodge never shows any sympathy for Nancy. Also Nancy can get hypothermia and when she's ice fishing she can catch a mine. Also Isis, the wolf can get nasty at times and may scare certain people. But overall it's still a good game.
Teen, 15 years old Written byPsych April 9, 2008

Great Game Series . . . Not the Best Game

Nancy Drew games in general are fantastic for learning things and developing the thinking process when it comes to logic puzzles and such. I sometimes say, "Everything I learned before it was taught in school, I learned from Nancy Drew." This includes history of alchemy and Geiger counters (for my PAP Chem class) all sorts of small tidbits about history (PAP World Geography/PAP World history), Latin phrases (Believe it or not, I take PAP Latin), and random other information. Now, getting more specific, HI has been getting really lazy with the storylines of these games recently. I cannot bring myself to believe the stories of Creature of Kapu Cave and White Wolf of Icicle Creek were this underdeveloped in the books. It's all about graphics now! And ick, these graphics are getting a little TOO realistic for teenage girls like me. I miss the days of Dave from Secret of Shadow Ranch and Nick Falcone from The Final Scene. This game hardly has any good puzzles as well. The only stumping one was the duck and goose game which MANY players grew frusterated with. Now, personally, I'm the kind of person who likes the chores because I like to go back and imagine a different situation. "Nancy isn't trying to solve the case this time and she really is just working here. She must work from so-and-so time to so-and-so time . . . " etc. The worst thing they did, however was get rid of the startup screen. =(
Teen, 13 years old Written bySashasumba123 April 7, 2009

Sashasimba123 says 4 stars

IT WAS SO Boring at first but i rate it 4 stars.
Teen, 14 years old Written byshayshay96 March 21, 2011

Perfect for someone who has alot of patience

Overall, this is a great game, i really enjoyed being able to play with the dog in the middle of the game, and snowball ighting with the girl. Although, it took me almost a year to get past this game in my frustration at the fox and geese puzzle. It is a great game, but difficult to finish.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypizzavince June 13, 2010

GREAT!

This game was amazingly fun and a perfect game for the winter! It has nothing too violent in it, and Nancy Drew has to learn who to trust (and who NOT to trust) as she unravels past and present mysteries of Icicle Creek. The only thing that made me upset was the Fox and Geese game! I never actually got to finish the game. I can't get past the puzzle. There is not cheat to get past; it is totally random. But, overall, I loved this game!!
Kid, 11 years old May 25, 2010
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2010
It's one of the best Nancy Drew games yet! The one problem is that there is a really challenging puzzle that is really, Really, REALLY, frustrating!
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008

Great Game

Like all the other Nancy Drew games, this was really fun! The game is suspenseful, yet totally clean. Its a great mystery great for young sleuths.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byjenn_hawks April 9, 2008

A great and fun Adventure

Nancy Drew is still going strong, through games or books she is still that great detective that has a need for adventure. These books are great the third time Nancy has gone out of the US this was a fun adventure for girls of all ages.