All member reviews for Nancy Drew: Warnings at Waverly Academy

Fab fun as teen super-sleuth goes undercover at prep school.

Teen, 13 years old Written byDangerRanger101 July 26, 2011

LEARNING

Kind of scary, know your kid

Most of the girls (except Mel and Nancy) are not good role models. They tend to bad mouth each other, call them names, and gossip and lie about them. I don't appreciate it, so if your kids aren't sensitive this stuff can seem funny, but you should know them so that they don't repeat the bad things that the girls say. But, like I've said before, Nancy is a good role model and is patient with the girls even when they aren't good to her. She is also very understanding towards Mel (who happens to be one of my favorites). But the game can get a bit scary, like when a girl gets locked in a closet, you hear her banging and shouting and she sounds scared and may be frightening. There is also talk about one girl's allergic reaction, but it's only mentioned and never shown.But, there is one part to be extra careful about. In one scene, near the end of the game, if you don't solve the pit and the pengelum puzzle correctly then Nancy get's cut, it's not bloody or gory but the thought is very disturbing. But, there are also some good educational message. You learn a few things about Edgar Allen Poe and also you can learn a lot from the DNA puzzle. So once again, know your kid and for younger kids, teach them about the consequences of bullying and telling lies.
Teen, 15 years old Written byBooth_Bones_4eva October 11, 2010

hard to play but lots of fun!

really like the nancy drew series. love the books, the movie and the games. this is really fun and educational as well. pretty hard to play, so thats why im recommending it for ages 12 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAbbster August 1, 2010

Fun game! =)

I love the Nancy Drew games, partly because I've learned a lot from them. In this particular game, I got to learn musical notation, which I loved! I also love how Nancy never says anything bad about the other girls, amidst all of the gossip and cattiness. The game is also pretty easy to navigate. The puzzles offer a challenge, which is really great. Being able to choose Junior or Senior detective is also a plus, especially if you are a first time or younger player. All in all, I feel that Warnings at Waverly Academy is a great game. I can't wait for the next one! =o)
Teen, 13 years old Written bypizzavince June 13, 2010

Cleverly Constructed!

I have played nearly every Nancy Drew computer game out there; I have skipped some of the older ones. This one could possibly be my favorite. I have no concerns about this game, for it has lots of educational value. For example, in one section of the game you are required to build a DNA structure. When, a few weeks after playing, I went into science class to learn about DNA, I was happy to find out I knew all the answers ahead of time. In another part of the game, you have to reconstruct a map of the United States. You also get to learn about some basic musical notation. The game offers many chances for fun too, such as air hockey, "scram", and working at the snack shop. Tween/teen girls will be amused by the concepts of gossip, suspicion, rumors, and lies. The only reason I have this rated iffy for 10 and up is because the puzzles might be a bit tough for ages ten+. You do need to put thought into the puzzles, which is the biggest educational aspect of them all. Truly a remarkable game, HER Interactive!
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2013

Great Game

The is personally my favorite Nancy Drew game.Yes the girls can get a little mean but, I would recommend this in any circumstances.
Kid, 12 years old November 17, 2011

Malicious arnt you?

I thought this game was fun but a little dissapointing. Theres like nothing in the game so I dont really have much to say. The puzzles can get very hard and the game itself is a bit malicious. You may find youself hitting your head against the desk saying "WHY WONT YOU END?!" Warning: in the beginning theres a slightly disturbing scene. The girls in this arnt the best role models
Teen, 15 years old Written byDogLover13 October 2, 2011

Good, Some Language And Behavioral Issues

Well, I have this on my PC and I think that it could have some language issues, and definitely could be scary for most kids under 10 years old. The girls are sometimes catty, and at the end there is a lot of violence, trying to stay alive and not get caught by the swinging axe, but I do think it is pretty good--just not as good as the books or some of the other, less violent games related to Nancy Drew. It is, however, very educational, because you have to know certain things and put your mind to the test in solving puzzles. Good for kids, but some of the characters are NOT positive role models. I do overall think this is a fun, inviting, and challenging game, so I would vote yes if you were to ask me if I would recommend it.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymilesofsmiles101 February 19, 2011

AMAZING!

Nancy Drew games are THE BEST! They are so educational-in the game, I needed to create a DNA model...the next day at school, we had a pop quiz about the DNA model-if it weren't for Nancy Drew, I would have failed! Nancy Drew games are fun, challenging, and suspensful (without being too scary)! I also like how you get to explore the different rooms, it is a very interactive game!
Parent of a 15 year old Written byAeliene September 2, 2010

Wonderful, good for eight grade and above really!

Just great! The only reason I recommend it to older kids is that they would have a more standard idea that what is portrayed in the game is not completely real. It's like the teens getting annoyed at the middle schoolers for thinking that they're all that. High school does not always reflect what is portrayed in the game and even though it is a very friendly Nancy Drew game it might scare or give younger children ideas. It really is wonderful game though. I've played it myself and I think it is one of the best that HER has ever put out! A real 10 out of 10.
Kid, 11 years old January 7, 2010