All member reviews for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

Well done arcade racer, but you can take cops out.

Teen, 13 years old Written by360gamer March 18, 2011

An awesome game for 10+

This game ROCKS. I have it for 360 and it is the cooolest. I dont recommend this to anyone under 10 cause the gameplay gets a little tricky at some spots. If your family doesn't like games where you break the law, this game is not for you. When you play as a racer you can fire EMP's, Spike Strips, Jammers, and use no2 to get away from the cops. You can also earn money for wrecking cops and racers. If crashing and ramming cars is your idea of violence, then you may not like this game...
Teen, 16 years old Written byBrendan Conway December 2, 2010

fun game to play
Adult Written byDrake123432 July 3, 2011

It is appropriate for kids of 8

It does not teach your child anything about crime. Although it does have cop chases and crashing, you will not see anybody getting hurt or arrested. No guns are held by cops. It is a fun arcade game that is appropriate for ages 8 and up
Teen, 14 years old Written bySkeek April 20, 2011

Great Cop Vs. Racer Game

There is two sides to this game, one as a racer, and one as a cop. When you follow the cop side of the career it is sort of violent with no blood or anything like that, but just ramming the racer or calling helicopters, dropping spike strips and so on until you deal enough damage to "bust" or basically destroy his car. On the racer side of the game, you race eachother or run from the cops who try to "bust" you. You can also spike strip or EMP (fry their system and slow the car down) the people racing you or bust the cops but more usually follow. Overall this isn't a bad game maturity wise and is actually pretty fun. The contolls take some getting used to but once you get a feel for them it's pretty easy to play.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNFSRacer0210 December 29, 2010

Not too violent, but is so fun

i bought this game for my PC during Christmas time, i really love this game cuz U can play as a cop or racer. But this game is from the creators of Burnout.
Adult Written byBadMario13company December 7, 2014

fun racing

Amazing game Great for kids to adults But the online is the bestimate part make sure to mute online players Be the cop or racer Racers have Jammer Turbio Emp spikes Cops have Turbio Emp spikes Heli Catch racers as cop Race to Finsh destory cops as racer Simple 9.4
Kid, 9 years old March 9, 2014

good racing game

lots of explosions but it is really fun
Kid, 11 years old October 30, 2013

Good for people 9+

I think it is a great game. It isnt too violent and not graphic at all. It might be frustrating for young children. It might give the wrong idea for very yound children.
Teen, 14 years old Written byghost216 April 4, 2013

awesome

it is a pretty awesome game everybody likes to smash into other cars and wreck cops but you can play as the cop or the racer.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIronRunningAnvil September 7, 2012

What is this game, some kind of joke

Need for speed. I like need for speed, so when i saw this game i knew i just had to get it. Wow what a game. You can drive in it (amazing). Hang on wait. You cant do anything in free roam, what! Ah you can even be a cop. Now that's aweome. Wait, what! There are barely any chases. Hang on the street races have gotta be fun (taking out cops and stuff). What! There are barely any, I am still waiting for one to chase me. Im sorry to anyone who likes this game but i even think the new nfs game "the run" is better than this. Sure it has good online multiplayer, but career mode just seems like it was not to be and for a person like me who prefers to play offline, it's just a waste of money. Now dont get me wrong im sure some people must love this game, but its just not my kind of a game. This was a dissapointing game which had huge pottential.
Teen, 17 years old Written byyesman-1 June 23, 2011

a shame compared to its predecessors..

I have not much to say about this game, besides it is a average racing game not worthy of the Need For Speed Title. People, this game is nothing but Burnout with liscenced cars. It has nothing in relation with Hot Pursuit 1 and 2. Those games had actual racing with actual arrests, this game only has crashes where you take out cops or *ahem* arrest (kill) criminals. It pluses are that it has an ability to take photos, and you can explore a vast open country/mountain/desert/oceanside (but it wears thin pretty fast) If you are a hardcore classic or modern NFSer, I would only recommend this as a rental. To anyone else, it might be worth a try. It does have "some" fun to it.
Kid, 10 years old May 15, 2011

Not for young kids (espicially 6) but great and good game

Great for teens and old tweens.
Kid, 12 years old April 26, 2011

Great game i would recommend it not to much violence only crashing cars nothing wrong there!
Teen, 13 years old Written byS.O.G April 1, 2011

for kids

i have this game and i love it especially the online it is awsome and this game is NOT BAD AT ALL it's just racing.My favourite car would be the pagani zonda.
Teen, 13 years old Written byemanrocks March 26, 2011

awesome

I love this game, i play it all the time, its easy to play, and its the best racing game i had ever played.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySHARPSPEED March 21, 2011

A simple, but truely incredible racer

I love racing, and I've been with the Need for Speed series since the first hot pursuit that came out in the 90s. This is a great addition in the NFS series. The driving zone "Seacrest County" Is beautiful and immense, which will be good when driving your $1,000,000 Pagani Zonda Cinque at 200+ MPH. It's also nice that for every standard car, there's a police version. My personal favorite police car has to be the Lamborghini Gallardo LP 540 interceptor. Note: If, you're a fan of simulator games, this won't be for you. This game might as well have been developed by michael Bay. Drifting a hairpin turn at 180 MPH isn't realistic..... ....but god it's fun........
Kid, 11 years old February 24, 2011

Good

I think that this game was pretty good!
Adult Written byG1944 January 28, 2011