All member reviews for New Super Mario Bros.

New Super Mario will woo old and new fans.

Kid, 12 years old January 9, 2011

Good game and easy to play! :D

I really loved this game! :D It's probably one of my favorite DS games ever! It's very easy to play yet challenging, and it's not too long nor too short. The minigames were also simple and fun, as well as addictive. The only thing i didn't like was multiplayer mode. You can't play real levels but the first one with one other person, and all you do is go against each other. It's nothing special like the Wii version. I would recommend this version if you would like to play by yourself and you're on the go often. :) I hope this review helped! :D Overall this is a really good game! :D
Kid, 12 years old December 9, 2010

Mario, deploy the huge mushrooms!

This game is awesome! The graphics are great, there are many mini-games, and it is addictive as trying to rescue helpless princesses! I traded it with a cousin once, and I regretted it. I bought it again, and I couldn't be happier. Another all around good Mario game!
Teen, 13 years old Written byMustafa Ismail July 1, 2014

Kid, 10 years old February 19, 2014

Good old classic Mario... First 2-D Mario game since 1992, :)
Kid, 10 years old August 24, 2013

Just a normal Mario game.

It's nice and fun. Pretty easy though. Nothing to really say other than that. No enemies are scary and it's all fantasy violence.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMitchell Charleston June 8, 2013

Perfection.

I'm a huge Super Mario fan, so OF COURSE i'd love this game. I have a Nintendo DS and a Wii. It is pretty easy to play and it is rated E for everyone. Anyways, this game gets 5 stars for sure.
Kid, 12 years old June 8, 2013

Great Game

Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe June 2, 2013

First Nintendo DS game

This is very first Nintendo DS videogame I ever played. It's thrilling and amusing. All ages admitted.
Kid, 10 years old December 22, 2012

LEARNING

The Best Mario Game Yet

Review by rsm2. Calling this game a masterpiece would be a severe understatement. It is so much more than that. It is a legend. Here are a few reasons why you should just stop reading this review and go buy it now: - It is family friendly. Very mild violence [ though the kids will get a kick out of chucking shells at enemies]. - It has a wide variety of fun levels to play through [ And if your kid is having trouble beating a level[ many are hard] a character will come and show you how to beat it] - And finally, it has a good story. All the violence in the game [which there isn't very much of] is toward a good cause. Mario is fighting his way through Bowser's evil minions just to rescue his beloved princess Peach. How dramatic!
Kid, 10 years old November 9, 2012

Like east side mario, the best!

Mario is a good positive role model 'cause he's just trying to save Princess Peach and he just wants to crush his enemy's. I wouldn't say violence is an issue, but he does kill alot of creatures and if you do get to the canon, he's shot out of it. No language, 'cause he barly even speaks. This game is for sale so their is consumerism. The game controles are pretty easy to learn. No progress or anything can be shared with anyone.
Teen, 13 years old Written byledzeppelinROCKS! April 23, 2012

awesome

I like it a lot, my friend let me borrow it and i liked it a lot
Teen, 13 years old Written bycoz8 April 13, 2012

one of the best ds games EVER!

new super mario bros is one of the best ds games i have played. it is not that violent. mario just stomps on enimies and throws fire balls at them. it is easy to play but some levels can be tricky. BUY THIS GAME IT IS AMAZING
Teen, 13 years old Written byMattiscool March 7, 2012

Get over it!

This is Super Mario Brothers, not Mortal Kombat!
Kid, 12 years old December 15, 2011

mario bros.

not good for young children too violent
Kid, 11 years old August 16, 2011

Awesome

I have this game and my whole family loved it
Adult Written byjw1707 August 15, 2011

Too violent

mario burns the flesh off bowser
Kid, 9 years old August 13, 2011

Mega Mushrooms AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is one of the Ultimate games in the series. The gameplay is better than the original for the NES. The power-ups are better, especially the Mega Mushroom.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPEMDAS May 15, 2011

Great for all ages.

Fun, kid and family-friendly game for all ages. There is some violence, but very light and appropriate for even little children. Mario is a good role model in the way that he rescues Princess Peach.
Kid, 10 years old May 7, 2011

Good For Whoever Knows How To Work A DS

Wonderful game! Kids have to learn how to complete levels, and the game is quite colorful and whimsic. Mario is a very brave plumber who would go through anything to save Princess Peach from the evil clutches of Bowser, the king Koopa. Since internet isn't involved, there are no safety issues. Controls are pretty easy if you ask me.
Parent of a 5 year old Written byParent25 April 28, 2011

Love it!

I love it. I haven't played all of the worlds yet, but have watched my dad play them. My favorite character is Luigi. I like what Mario says when I start and end a game..."Itsame, Mario!" and "Bye, bye!".