All member reviews for Nintendogs

A fabulous virtual puppy simulation.

Teen, 14 years old Written bySavviVague November 29, 2009

Good for almost all ages

I've owned this game for several years now. I know adults who play it and love it, and I also knew a 2-year-old who loved it very much and played it with ease. It's the most life-like pet simulation game there is and features lots of surprises. There are lots of accesories and toys to find on walks, and lots of tricks to teach your pup beyond what is in the obedience trial handbook. I would not worry about who your child is meeting via "Bark mode", inless you live in a very crowded city. It is not a wi-fi connection, only local connection, meaning the person your child is meeting would have to be within very close range of you and also in bark mode at the moment... not very likely inless it is a planned meet-up, in my opinion, however I do live in a very rural area.
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2011

BRILLIANT!!! for the little ones.

Love it as it gives everyone a chance to look after a dog if you cannot have one in the house. Has a positive attitude towards kids of all ages, a must buy for 4-10 year olds.
Parent of a 5, 8, 12, 14, 16, and 17 year old Written byMissBridgette July 3, 2010

Recommended for EVERYONE, makes a great gift

Love this game. Can't say I've never "borrowed" my 8 year olds Nintendo DS and played it myself. It's super fun. It actually prepares you for taking care of a puppy. Great game. There are no safety problems, it's fun, yet safe. Kids can't complain, they love it. Parents can't complain because they love watching their children be safe, and play it. It's incredible. Also makes a great gift, I've bought it both for my 5 year old, for her 5th birthday, but also my 7 year old niece for Christmas.
Kid, 11 years old October 17, 2010

Cute!!!!

I lOVE this game! It's so cute and it's sooooo much fun interacting with your dogs and stuff! It's easy, too! I knew how to play this when i was seven, so i think little kids will like it, too! Anyway, it get's boring after you get the concept and collected practically everything. AWESOME GAME OVERALL!
Teen, 13 years old Written byZaphrodite September 4, 2010

Easy and fun

I am a Nintendog's Master! It is only boring if you get the cheat disc. I love my pets too much to reset though. ?
Teen, 15 years old Written byPeanutthetoon March 8, 2011

Great and fun game

This was my first game for the DS. It's a game where you take care of virtual dogs. You need to feed them, walk them, give them baths, and pretty much everything that you need to do with a regular dog, except cleaning up after them. The best part about it is earning money in contests, and finding rare accessories out on walks to put on your dog. However, sometimes gets a little repetitive.
Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2010

Arguably the best DS game ever

My favourite DS game ever! The dogs are so adorable that you can't help falling in love with this cute game. It's easy to use and teaches a lot about caring for a dog.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 July 22, 2010

fun game for people who don't have pets (and even ones that do)

This game is fun and entertaining. You start off as a new owner who is buying a dog. It's educational becuase you have to take care of the dog, so it might teach you some stuff about really being an owner. However, it might get a little boring after a while (well, that might just be me). If you love dogs then this game is for you!
Teen, 14 years old Written by96grlpowrCE August 25, 2010

Sooo cuuuuute! *huggles*

I love this game-- I've had it for ages. It's sorta hard to earn a lot of money, and at first it's waaaay confusing, but it's fun all the while.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRenee5322 August 25, 2010

Cute!

This is a great game for kids who love puppies! The graphics are good and the puppies look ADORABLE. It can teach kids about caring for puppies, too. You can even find presents on walks, and sometimes you'll find a record that your pups will do a special dance to!
Kid, 10 years old November 29, 2011

Nintendogs!

I think this game is so fun! It is so realistic and my favourite part is calling your dog a name and training it, its like they are another part of your life! I recommend this to dog lovers and someone who has an extra gap to fill in there lives.
Kid, 9 years old March 22, 2010

WOW

I've played MANY other games, but this is one of my most FAVORITE games ever!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old December 28, 2009

perfect for everyone even adults

i have the game and i love it it is safe,easy,and for peolpe who dont have an animal or a pet but i sadly lost mine a few days ago :(
Teen, 13 years old Written byJosieGrl April 1, 2011

fun for all ages

fun, a little repetitive, but still fun. Can be a little frustrating trying to name your first dog, since it takes a while,but overall great!
Parent of a 17 year old Written byokemo1 April 23, 2011

Perfect for younger kids, ages 6-10.

I LOVE IT!!! This game is great for dog lovers :).
Kid, 8 years old August 22, 2009

awsome game

i just adore nintendogs its so cute and fun.i would recomend this game to children 6 and up. this game is great for people that want a pet but can't have one. so i think you should get up right now and go buy nintendogs!
Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2010

e.g. Perfect for dog lovers of any age

i think it is a wonderful game.If your child wants a puppy it can also tell you if your child is responsible enough.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowWolf January 19, 2011

its alright

I got this game when i was seven and stopped playing when i was 10. Why? Because i was two levels away from becoming the highest rank, but no matter how much i won, it would not advance. I eventually got bored of the reapeating plot/storyline and everything stayed the same. Perfect for a young animal lover.
Kid, 10 years old April 11, 2010

Pawfect for all ages

Love it! I feel that is the best pet game in the whole ENTIRE world!I played it on my friends ds lite and loved her dog. You can command it through the ds speaker! Saftey isn't a problem,bark mode is just to make friends with you and your friends dog! All I can say now is LOVE it!
Teen, 14 years old Written byflame1212 January 10, 2012

bark mode

bark mode is cool connect to someones dog and your dog barks AWESOME!!!!!! my dog has a disc throwing toranamant this afternoon after school get a gold trothy