All member reviews for Nintendogs

Teen, 14 years old Written bySavviVague November 29, 2009

Good for almost all ages

I've owned this game for several years now. I know adults who play it and love it, and I also knew a 2-year-old who loved it very much and played it with ease. It's the most life-like pet simulation game there is and features lots of surprises. There are lots of accesories and toys to find on walks, and lots of tricks to teach your pup beyond what is in the obedience trial handbook. I would not worry about who your child is meeting via "Bark mode", inless you live in a very crowded city. It is not a wi-fi connection, only local connection, meaning the person your child is meeting would have to be within very close range of you and also in bark mode at the moment... not very likely inless it is a planned meet-up, in my opinion, however I do live in a very rural area.
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2011

BRILLIANT!!! for the little ones.

Love it as it gives everyone a chance to look after a dog if you cannot have one in the house. Has a positive attitude towards kids of all ages, a must buy for 4-10 year olds.
Kid, 11 years old December 26, 2014

Adorably realistic dog simulation may have your kids begging for a real pup.

Having grown-up with two dogs in the house, I am very pleased to see how realistic this is. It's also very adorable! You take care of your puppy by satisfying its basic needs of feeding and watering and bathing. But you can also take it for walks, and the game features an in-game pedometer so that you can take your pup for a walk by taking a walk yourself. The game enables the puppy to recognize you and respond to your voice commands. You can have it come to their name and teach it tricks. Eventually, you'll be able to enter it in competitions to make more money. I also noticed that the game pays attention to detail; depending on your set time, the background will either be daytime or nighttime, accurate to your area. The only annoying piece is the microphone's quality. Your voice comes out as hard to hear, and the pup sometimes will not get it. It also takes awhile to get them to learn a command, and I found this a little redundant (and I'm sure my mom was growing tired of me saying "North, sit down!" over and over). But overall, this is a fabulously cute puppy simulation that can teach kids responsibility for owning a pet. Parents beware, your kids may beg you for a dog to call their own after playing this game!
Kid, 11 years old February 5, 2014

Good for people who aren't ready, who are allergic/family member who is allergic, or scared of dogs.

I'm am not ready and scared for puppies, but this game is more better than a real puppy. No rabies, but the dogs fight sometimes. plus, they don't ever ever die! Instead, they run away.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrieona April 6, 2012

Really cute game, great for most ages!

Nintendogs is a must-have for dog lovers. The puppies are very cute, and taking care of them responsibly is required if you want to enter dog shows (the main focus of the game). Shows will challenge kids and adults alike, through use of the touch screen or voice commands depending on the show. I only rated this ages five and up because the harder shows require more coordination that may be frustrating for younger kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byDJDeeJay March 26, 2012

Best game ever!

What I loved about this game is how much you can abuse your dog until they start cursing at you! It's also funny to see what happens when you give them alcohol!
Kid, 11 years old February 12, 2012

BEST GAME EVER!

It's awesome!! I have it and I 100% recommend it instead of a real dog! It can be more than 10$, though.Best if your child REALLY wants that puppy.
Teen, 14 years old Written byflame1212 January 10, 2012

bark mode

bark mode is cool connect to someones dog and your dog barks AWESOME!!!!!! my dog has a disc throwing toranamant this afternoon after school get a gold trothy
Kid, 10 years old January 6, 2012

Did you forget something?

Not a bad thing, I got this game when I was 6, too! I still have it! But when you walk your dog, the people who walk their dogs who you might see on the way give you tips about taking care of your dog. Overall, this game is very educational and fun. I want to buy Nintendogs + Cats! P.S. I have a Sheltie and a Cavlier Spaniel. ;)
Kid, 10 years old November 29, 2011

Nintendogs!

I think this game is so fun! It is so realistic and my favourite part is calling your dog a name and training it, its like they are another part of your life! I recommend this to dog lovers and someone who has an extra gap to fill in there lives.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJosieGrl April 1, 2011

fun for all ages

fun, a little repetitive, but still fun. Can be a little frustrating trying to name your first dog, since it takes a while,but overall great!
Teen, 15 years old Written byPeanutthetoon March 8, 2011

Great and fun game

This was my first game for the DS. It's a game where you take care of virtual dogs. You need to feed them, walk them, give them baths, and pretty much everything that you need to do with a regular dog, except cleaning up after them. The best part about it is earning money in contests, and finding rare accessories out on walks to put on your dog. However, sometimes gets a little repetitive.
Teen, 13 years old Written byShadowWolf January 19, 2011

its alright

I got this game when i was seven and stopped playing when i was 10. Why? Because i was two levels away from becoming the highest rank, but no matter how much i won, it would not advance. I eventually got bored of the reapeating plot/storyline and everything stayed the same. Perfect for a young animal lover.
Kid, 11 years old October 17, 2010

Cute!!!!

I lOVE this game! It's so cute and it's sooooo much fun interacting with your dogs and stuff! It's easy, too! I knew how to play this when i was seven, so i think little kids will like it, too! Anyway, it get's boring after you get the concept and collected practically everything. AWESOME GAME OVERALL!
Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2010

e.g. Perfect for dog lovers of any age

i think it is a wonderful game.If your child wants a puppy it can also tell you if your child is responsible enough.
Teen, 13 years old Written byZaphrodite September 4, 2010

Easy and fun

I am a Nintendog's Master! It is only boring if you get the cheat disc. I love my pets too much to reset though. ?
Teen, 14 years old Written by96grlpowrCE August 25, 2010

Sooo cuuuuute! *huggles*

I love this game-- I've had it for ages. It's sorta hard to earn a lot of money, and at first it's waaaay confusing, but it's fun all the while.
Teen, 13 years old Written byRenee5322 August 25, 2010

Cute!

This is a great game for kids who love puppies! The graphics are good and the puppies look ADORABLE. It can teach kids about caring for puppies, too. You can even find presents on walks, and sometimes you'll find a record that your pups will do a special dance to!
Kid, 11 years old August 23, 2010

Arguably the best DS game ever

My favourite DS game ever! The dogs are so adorable that you can't help falling in love with this cute game. It's easy to use and teaches a lot about caring for a dog.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebma97 July 22, 2010

fun game for people who don't have pets (and even ones that do)

This game is fun and entertaining. You start off as a new owner who is buying a dog. It's educational becuase you have to take care of the dog, so it might teach you some stuff about really being an owner. However, it might get a little boring after a while (well, that might just be me). If you love dogs then this game is for you!