Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Overwatch

Fantastic, frantic shooter with some violence, open chat.

Parent Written byconcernedparent1976 July 4, 2018

overwatch

It is a good game. At first I did not want my son to get the game as I was scared of him playing with guns. However, I did my research observed the game being played and reluctantly gave in. It has turned out not to be so bad after all and my son really enjoys playing it. Personally, I suggest it for kids 10+ because it can scare younger children but other than that its a safe game for youth.

Adult Written byBerry213 July 3, 2018

Overwatch contains violence and its not for your kids

This game has blood and Charaters who are over sexualized to appeal to older male community charaters swear almost every kill you get a cowboy is clearly smoking a cigar whice makes your kids want to do the same thing

Privacy & Safety
Adult Written byLong time gamer June 18, 2018

If you want to develop a rage problem

Community is so toxic, If you want your kids to develop a rage issue or even some adults. Stay away from this game.
Adult Written byNathan David Z. June 12, 2018

Gave my dad nightmares

Your child should probably stay with roblox.

Adult Written byOSCAR . June 11, 2018

Best game for starters!

This is a great game for people who are just starting out gaming and would like something that is not too hard to master and get good at. It has a system that you will mostly come up against people at the same level or stage in the game as you. It is only online pvp with a selection of modes like capture the point escort the payload and finally a hybrid witch you have to capture a to get to escort the payload. There is a selection of about 24 heroes that each have different play styles and difficulties . Overall I think it is a great game that I enjoy playing a lot and I hope you will too!

Adult Written byAlex T. June 5, 2018

Be careful what your children get into!

Overwatch is a game that has an absolutely horrible community and design team. The community during play is aggressive, racist, sexist, and everything in between. There is an African american hero that is commonly played and comments, both in chat and verbally, such as "Don't play the nigg***" or "Get that ghetto trash out of the game" are not uncommon. Overwatch doesn't censor anything - and because of that, the community has grown rampant. The design team is more involved in creating a game and not patrolling their actual communication within that game that I would not recommend this game to any parent with a child below 18.

Adult Written byWinston P. June 2, 2018

This is a lie.

This is undoubtedly a kid friendly game. I don't know what this fool writer was doing when he wrote 2 stars for sex. There's barely any "sexual" content at all, with the most revealing dresses showing stomach and very few being skintight suits (which are admittedly still not that bad). As for the violence, of course there's going to be violence! It's a shooter. Duh. There's one character shown smoking a cigar, because he is a cowboy. There's options to turn off chat and voice chat to protect your children. There's no blood. I noticed the review saying, "characters get dismembered and fall apart." There's not a single character in the game that falls apart or gets dismembered. There's training robots that fall apart. That's it. And they aren't people like robots, they are squares. It promotes teamwork and is easily one of the best games I've ever played. It's absolutely nothing like the violent, edgy shooter that this website makes it appear to be. Do not listen to this site for this one. It doesn't know what it's talking about. I believe you should refer to the comments for this one. This is definitely one of the most mild FPS games out there.
Adult Written byTeagan R. May 25, 2018

Amazing!

I've been playing Overwatch for a while now. My sister let me play it, and now I'm addicted! It is a great game for adolescents ( 11+ ) to play. There are some things in the game for teens, like a sort of revealing outfit, light smoking, some LIGHT curse words ( damn, hell ) and some real curse words in other languages, but the real curse words are rare, and only happen in appropriate moments. This game is really 11+ because sometimes it can be extra difficult. On to the characters. There are so many! All of them come from different places, like Japan, China, Russia, Nigeria, Sweden, Korea, Britan, the list is so long! They also have some Omnics, AKA robots, and they even have an LGBT character with a girlfriend. They beautifully express how diversity makes a game SO much better. If you're kid turned 10/11, is a gamer, and is getting more mature and moving on from Skylanders, PVZ, Duckhunt, etc. The company that created this game, Blizzard, have also made cinematic shorts on the characters from Overwatch, and grab the tissues, they're SO heartwarming. Overall, this game has a gorgeously diverse cast, a differentiated but understandable demographic, and is set up amazingly. STOP READING THIS REVIEW, AND GO BUY OVERWATCH!

Adult Written byShibe . May 13, 2018

Overwatch

No drugs, profanity, blood, and language.

Adult Written bySexeymemes69 May 7, 2018
Parent of a 17, 18+, 18+, 18+, 18+, 18+, and 18+ year old Written byTyrone L. May 7, 2018

Copy Of Paladins

Adult Written byUR M. April 27, 2018

Overwatch is super graphic

Disgusting match chat and a decent amount of gore make this game for older kids, but for sure an awesome game.

Privacy & Safety
Parent of a 10 year old Written byshdsghgfh s. March 31, 2018

underwatch

Matchmaking is a joke. puts you against players you could never beat. Abusive player base that types nasty things when you win/lose. Creates loops where you play the same people that beat you over and over again. The game is designed to keep you where you are at, it is the game version of a big bully. complete waste of time and money.
Parent Written byBalake W. March 10, 2018

Overwatch

Overwatch is a very good game for tweens and they play it with pleasure. This video game is not very realistic so it can be played my many people
Adult Written bysara r. March 7, 2018

Kid Friendly

This game is the best

Adult Written byMatthew P. February 21, 2018

You can't live without playing Overwatch and Paladins

Great game. i play Overwatch on PS4 and I play a similar free game called Paladins on Switch. Both these games don't have much violence or blood whatsoever. I think the violence rating on both of these games is the fact that you shoot other players online. Nothing is wrong with these game and I think they can get away with an E10+ rating.

Parent of a 7 and 10 year old Written byJustin K. February 17, 2018

Team-based FPS - positive messaging

Overwatch, fundamentally is a 6v6 team first person class-based shooter. There's no gore, and a built-in profanty filter. The only thing that could potentially be a window for colorful language would be if you allow your kiddos to go into voice chat -- you can disable this functionality in game. The overall storyline is a very positive, make the world a better place type of message. It's about diversity, and people standing up to become heros to help improve the world. There are 100% optional microtransactions for cosmetic items -- but you also can earn them via playing as well. You will be at no disadvantage if you do not spend money on loot boxes. It's far and away the most family friendly FPS you're going to find -- and on top of that -- they have multiple types of heros, including a number that don't rely on amazing aim. If you're okay with your kids watching PG movies -- this game should give you no pause.

Adult Written bykrg0 January 27, 2018
Parent Written byNelson C. December 10, 2017

Good for kids 9 and over

Overwatch, Developed by blizzard studios, is a less gritty first person shooter with a big team element. Alright, i just want to point out, i didnt just play it for an hour to see if it was good for my kid, my total play time is 300 hours, im a gamer, this is one of the games i play when my 11 year old son is at school and im off work, my wifes also a gamer, even more than me. Anyways, back to the point, if your kid is asking you for overwatch, DON'T listen to common sense media parents, they are very biased on fps games. Overwatch isnt very violent, barely any blood, and promotes teamwork over simply killing your enemy. That being said, there are some things to take into account when buying overwatch for your child. First off, know that overwatch is a competitive game from start to finish, even quickplay can be competitve, so, if your child is a more casual gamer, Team Fortress 2, another Team based shooter, is better suited. Second, and most things parents look at, the community, there are toxic players, if your child has a squeaky voice, maybe pass on the mic, the overwatch community can be toxic as hell sometimes, did you know theres a video on the internet of 4 grown men bullying a 12 year old kid for playing the character Hanzo. Speaking of characters, while i did say that most overwatch characters are mostly positive, some have more darker, more grittier personalitys. "Hanzo" who i mentioned earlier, his backstory states that he mudered his brother, "Genji" at a young age, because Genji didnt want to serve the clan, and now Hanzo wants to redeem himself, after meeting genji, revived by the angel "Mercy", in the animated short, "Dragons". Others include Reaper, Widowmaker, Doomfist, Moria, and Roadhog to name a few, are characters that have much darker personalitys and backstorys. Despite all that, as long as your child knows rights from wrongs, they shouldnt have a problem with overwatch

Adult Written bykirsh b. December 7, 2017

Good

I believe this game is good but dose have some violence. This game is very enjoyable. You not choose to listen to the reiterated negative reviews. Good