Fun and colorful strategy/puzzle game is a Wii U must-have.

Kid, 8 years old August 9, 2013

Really want

I SO want this game
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2013

Good

As a kid, I played the original Pikmin 1 & 2 . I haven't played it yet but i can be sure there is no language, s*x, drinking or anything like that
Kid, 8 years old October 7, 2013

Pikmin

I love the pikmin series.I think 2 is really good,pikmin is a dream like fantasy with lots of cute creatures called pikmin to help you through puzzles,monsters,and the pikmin help you break down fences and stuff
Kid, 12 years old December 24, 2016

Beautifully Animated Puzzle Game

First of all, I have only played the demo, but it also contains the only content parents should be aware of. First of all, this was my first Pikmin game, so I cannot compare it to previous titles, that being said, I knew somewhat about the series before playing (Pikmin are plant aliens, Onions have Pikmin in them, Bulborbs are baddies, etcetera). The graphics were AMAZING. These graphics make Splatoon look like Super Mario 64! That is right. The fruit looked perfectly textured, the environments were heavily detailed, and although the characters look cartoon-like, that is too be expected from a Nintendo game (besides some titles like Twilight Princess) and the colors are still realistic enough. One of my only problems about this is that the days are too short. I would get real innovated in a task, then I needed to stop and try and get all my Pikmin that are alone before they got massacred, then fly back to continue the next day. Also, the demo is too short, but, well, it IS a demo after all. And I get that the full game has 100 Days while the demo only has 6, the full game could most likely be completed in only a day and an hour (if the person LITERALLY does nothing else that day and hour). Now, onto content! Violence: Cartoon-like and mild. In this strategy game you use wee extraterrestrial animals (Pikmin) to perform tasks around a fantastical planet. Tasks generally involve removing obstacles, bridging gaps, or fetching fruit for the your space shuttle. Players encounter bug aliens that attack (e.g., spew flames, electrocute, bite/stomp/eat the players' Pikmin). Pikmin attack monsters by slamming or latching on and whacking them with their buds (flower antenna). From what CSM said, boss fights in the full game require prolonged battles with large monsters.
Parent Written bySkyjim1 December 6, 2013

Almost a Perfect Game but at the Right Age

(No Spoilers) Pikmin 3 is a quirky real-time, puzzle adventure game. It is kind of a rock, paper, scissors in a way. Yellow Pikmin are resistant against electricity, red are resistant to fire, blue to water, etc. This creates unique puzzle and enemy situations where players must use up to 100 Pikmin in combinations because there might be a mixture of fire, electricity and water. There are also flying pink Pikmin and rock Pikmin as well. Each round is a "day" long and the player can pick which world to go to. Players start with only one or two worlds at the beginning but more soon open. A "day" usually lasts about 7 minutes or so. To start the game, a player is kind of locked into a tutorial mode. But it is not too lengthy, is fun and gives a quick and good understanding of what to do. A player can spend a day growing more Pikmin, gathering fruit, discovering treasures, battling enemies and so on. It's really up to the player. The puzzles are clever and parents should be pleased with the amount of strategy and problem solving involved. There is also a great multi-player system. Players compete in boss battles or try to gather the most fruit. The strategy is endless. Should you grow more Pikmin for your army? Should you just focus on gathering and battling? Should you attack the other players Pikmin? It get's really exciting and things change quickly. As a parent, the only thing I would be concerned about is the violence. BUT it is no worse than Mario stomping on enemies. In other words, it is just soft cartoony violence and I would see no reason that it would be a problem for a child at any age. That said, the real restriction is the complexity of the game. On average, I would say a 9 year old would be able to understand what is going on. An 8 or even 7 year old might be able to handle it but it depends on the child. It is rated for Everyone 10+. I would say 10+ because of the difficulty. Regardless, even some of the younger children could have fun "helping" mom or dad play against older players. It's a great game and I am a long time fan of the series. Highly recommended!
Parent Written byCommonSenseReviewer October 7, 2013

Pikmin 3 is a great nature-based strategy game which is recommened to all Wii-U owners

Just as in the previous 2 Pikmin games, in Pikmin 3 you play as an astronaut who has crashed in a planet full of lush green jungles and predators. The player commands plant-like creatures called Pikmin, which are boneheaded and unable to survive on their own wit, but will obey the commands of the player. You will use them to attack enemies (though violence is very mild), carry objects such as fruit to survive the day or ship parts to repair the ship. The game requires a lot of strategy in real-time, as one in-game day is only 15 minutes. It requires a lot of multi-tasking as well, as you always have to give up one priority for another. Pikmin 3 has not changed a whole lot since Pikmin 2, but that's okay. We're just happy to see Olimar and his friends again. Overall, this is a very fun game, but the strategic elements also make it a bit educational. Strongly recommended for children (and adults as well) who have the Wii-U.
Teen, 16 years old Written byKlutzy January 4, 2014

Loved the first two, and the third is just as great :)

I used to play one and two when I was five, loved it! It is a little violent but there is no blood and gore. As far as violence goes the aliens or "bugs" eat, electrocute, and do other things to the pikmin. The pikmin are thrown at the alien as they hit it until it dies. When the bugs die there is no blood they just collapse. The goal of Pikmin 3 is to gather enough food to bring back to their home planet. During their mission all three members of the crew are separated. As the game goes on you defeat the bosses, gain fruit, and find crew members. I love this game and I see no problem with a 5 or 6 year old playing it. I think that the only thing that matters with a five year old is if the game is too difficult for that 5 or 6 year old.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpiderwebbe November 15, 2014

Wonderful game.

This game is amazing! The gameplay is perfect, and the graphics are stunning. It is currently my favorite Wii game of all time :). This game isn't for everyone though! Be aware that you can control up to 100 little creatures at one time, so it requires some multitasking skills. You'll also acquire some multitasking skills along the way as well. It encourages team work as well. It gets pretty stressful at times too, so make sure you can handle that! Overall it's an amazing game, but it isn't easy!
Kid, 10 years old April 3, 2014

didn't play pikmin

I didn't play pikmin before,but when I rented the game ...................... I really loved it!!!