All member reviews for Pirates of the Caribbean Online

Become a pirate and join Jack Sparrow in a MMORPG.

Parent of a 10 year old Written byelnator March 23, 2011

Has "Outgrown" it's 10+ title. It's a Teen now.

What's sad is this game used to be perfect for it's 10+ rating. But over time it's slowly 'grown up' and is now really best rated as a T rating... Why? Because they added gambling, and actually expect you to know what you're doing so you can win. Several of the quest lines actually force the player to gamble. My 10 year old son actually had to come to me and have me gamble FOR him to get past a quest. This is totally inappropriate and, imo, MSRB should revoke their E10 rating and put a T rating on the game. Any parent with good common sense would probably forbid their kids from playing it if they knew the game encourages Drinking, Drugs and Gambling. Other than that the game is wonderful and I wish they would remove those elements that have been added over the years to make this game age inappropriate. I used to love playing this game with my son and daughter but ever since they added in all the extra drinking/drugs and most especially the gambling I've more and more been inclined to forbid my son from playing it. I don't even like playing it myself.
Kid, 9 years old November 24, 2010

it's one of my favroite games, you can shoot undead but not people
Kid, 12 years old May 13, 2009

0_o This game is for kids? Really?

This game isn't THAT recommended for kids. Once the free trial(s) ended, it was boring. Pros: The free trial is longer than Toontown Online, it's got some good ships that you have to look up in order to get to know, and that's about it. Cons: You have to be a member to have Fullscreen, as far as I'm concerned, there IS blood in it, it's not very fun, and it's not quite for ages 10+. Overall, I rate it 1/5.
Kid, 12 years old November 27, 2014

This game was the best :(

I can't believe what all of you are saying about this. I've played this game since I was 6. It was the greatest game ever. IT'S ALL STUPID DISNEY'S FAULT THIS CLOSED ANYWAY! It's Club Penguin's fault, mainly. They wanted Club penguin more than this. Luckily this is coming back, fans are making a COPY called Pirates Online Rewritten! :) PS: There is a Toon town rewritten too.
Teen, 15 years old Written byStorm Hawk March 28, 2013

Voodoo is crossing the line for a E rated game.

Voodoo does exist and its black magic disney needs to call it auroa or something because i'm never getting the doll or staff or using it if i have no choice to do the quest. Its demonic and I would think common sense would realize that voodoo is evil, and yes it is very real.
Kid, 12 years old January 4, 2013

Pirate on!

I actually really like this game! A pirate game, like Pirate101, but this is more violent. They have guns in this game, but there isn't blood and to make it less violent, there's a code where you can't shoot humans. You COULD get far without paying. A kinda older game thingy.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeretohelp26 November 7, 2012

Good game, not that violent

Well, I started playing this when I was 5 and it was perfectly fine to me, I mean like come on, it's animated.
Kid, 10 years old September 29, 2012

Drug and alcohol reference

DONT PLAY THIS GAME IF YOU ARE UNDER 14 (or 18 if you hated violence in your childhood).
Teen, 13 years old Written byBobGandorf August 22, 2012

Read. It will help.

Pirates of the Caribbean Online is a MMORPG game. That means that it has many people playing, it is online, and its a roleplaying game. I've played this game for a while now and I enjoy it. THis game was designed for younger audiences but I personally enjoy it. The game revolves around living in the Pirates time and having fun. There are many quests to get involved in and many weapons to unlock. You can create guilds which are large groups of people that work together. Also a crew can be formed but that is temporary. The violence is so cheesy that a 2 year old can play it. The reason why I think 8+ should play it is due to its multiplayer aspect. There are 3 different forms of chat. Speedchat, SpeedchatPlus, and Open Chat I think the ages go somewhat like this. Speedchat 5-9 SpeedchatPlus10-13 Open Chat 14 and up. Really I do recommend even if you lie about it (lying is not good) getting speedchatPlus. If you get speedchat you are limited to phrases that are pretyped. That can get extremely frusturating when your trying to communicate to someone and you cant understand what they are saying because it blocks all other chat. The phrases are like "I need to kill 3 swamp alligators and collect 3 teeth from them". That is an example of a quest by the way. The chat is pretty good though. Disney bans ANYONE who cusses and you can easily report people if they are offending the rules. Overall it is a great game for Kids and even some teens. My IGN is Nightmare if you see me just msg :P. I forgot about the cost. It is 4 dollars for the first month you play and then 72 dollars for a year. It is costly. Disney probably makes a good sum of money off of this game annually. I think it is worth it if if your child beats the Basic Access mode and wants to keep playing. I would buy for each month even if it costs more because Kids are inclined to ditching something rather quickly. Therefore you dont lose 40 dollars when your child quits after 3 months. They keep adding new content that makes it interesting. This game also teaches teamwork in the form of guilds and crews. If you work together you get more Reputation which means when you level up you get more health and Voodoo.
Kid, 10 years old August 16, 2012

Gets Confusing

I played this game and it was ok.There are guns and swords and scary monsters you have to defeat.But mostly its for older kids (10+)
Teen, 16 years old Written bynathan77001 June 19, 2012

Using Money The Right Way

i think this game is good for learning about how to use money the right way
Kid, 9 years old May 30, 2012

LOOK AT IMPORTANT

this game iis violent sometimes scary i was 6 when i started playing the skeletons were scary to me but i grew into it and overcame my fear. there is also drinking in it other some kidds dont know about and also bribing and gamebling look at this reviw before u play.
Kid, 12 years old April 12, 2012

10 and older

This is a great game, I have an account but i have not used it in a while because I can't use it on my computer anymore. When I turn 13 in a few weeks i"m gonna get a job and save up for a computer so I can play this game. I said 10 and up because of, well its a pirates game. In this game you can play poker to earn gold in the bars, although in the bars there's drinks they don't specify what those drinks are so it shouldn't be a problem with older kids. The violence you don't have to really worry about. Even though there's cutlasses, guns, and bombs there's no blood or anything graphic, I mean you can't play a pirates game and not expect to have swords and bombs right? The download for the game is free but you can choose to get an unlimited access. You know how on games you can buy a membership that unlocks more stuff for you and makes the game a lot more fun then it already is? Well with unlimited access you can get bombs, better swords and more clothes, and some of those clothes for the women can be kinda revealing (strapless tight low tops) but its all animated so nothing to really worry about. The game is filtered, I mean really filtered you can't type in any numbers in anyway( 8, eight...) you can't type in names exept for your pirates names which you can choose from a list of names that the game has created(I chose Lisa Wildsilver) but I think you can type in a name of your choice, but if people across the internet know your child's name its not a big deal when you really think about it. It's more the big information like address or giving lots of small information. (I would just like to apologize for not explaining stuff really well it's just that this is really hard to explain and I'm trying get tell you as much about this game as possible.) Anyway your character in the game only fights computer players and not real players. Actually Everyone is actually kind of fighting as a team. Once in a while on the game Jolly Roger( a computer player) and his team of the undead attack one of the three main islands.(Which is really cool but tends to make the game really choppy but that goes away after the attacks over.) So on the attack everyone fights as a team. I recommend this game for everyone 10 and older.
Teen, 15 years old Written byReviewer824 January 25, 2012

Updated Game Brings Scary Violence, Rum, and Innuendo

Over the past 5 years the game has grown very much, and has added lots of new content. Some of which I do not think belong in the E 10+ Rating. Mainly a new island, with Ghosts that creep around, killing all players in sight. The island also has a backstory of the Main Villan (Jolly Roger) violently and cruelly killing the island's residents. (EX:A couple owned a Tavern on the Island, when he invaded, he separated the wife and husband, and played poker with the husband. If he lost, Roger would kill his wife. Roger cheated, killed the wife, then shot the husband point blank. Note that none of this is seen by the player, but told to in a story by the ghosts of the island) Also around the island are skeletons, with daggers through eye sockets, hearts, and skulls, as well as destroyed housing and such. Also as the game has expanded, the player has to gather Grog (alcohol) as a bribery item, to have Ship Builders upgrade their ship for them. The game also has female pirates being aloud to wear "corsets" which in some cases (depending on the body type of the female) shows a little too much cleavage. Also the game has holiday events, one such for Valentine's Day, which brings a special emote called "Flirt" which brings up corny pick-up lines you can use on other players (yes, both gay and straight flirting) Along with that event comes a quest where the player can "hook-up" 2 pirates, trying to make them fall in love. Various innuendo can be seen hidden within the game. (A character from the movies, who is seen as a prostitute in the films appears in the game in a very flirty stance in a revealing upper outfit (See corset above). She says nothing that implies she is a prostitute in the game however. (On another island, there is a similar character who you must find a dress for her, as her old one got ruined during her "business") Also, Jack Sparrow has a quick 2-second innuendo cutscene at the beginning of the game. "And the buttons popped clean off. Naturally, being Singapore, I had no choice but to take advantage..." then he stops and addresses you. Also, some quests have aspects of revenge (a woman hires you to kill her former lover, for making her crimes known to the authorities) In an additional quest about mid-point in game, you receive a curse, which binds to your hand. (Upcoming Content SPOILER: this curse will make the Kraken from Dead Man's Chest Hunt you) Also, when plundering at seas, the "Royal Navy" Sends powerful Bounty Hunter ships to relentlessly hunt you down until you are sunk. The game is quite enjoyable, and kid-friendly most of the time. Especially the players, they are the most nicest people I have seen BY FAR in an MMO. Many enjoy helping others, and being kind. Most children that are not "educated" will probably not notice the innuendo, as it is usually brief. I'm not going to bother mentioning the gambling and violence, as that is pretty much a given in the other review
Kid, 10 years old January 3, 2012

Great Game (Need Membership)

I honestly don't see anything wrong with it. I know I'm 10 years old and you probably don't want my opinion but there's a few things what we kids really really want It's the membership! We are jealous of other players because they have everything! Membership offers many things, like better ships, more cuztomizing, tatoos, and more weapons. The good thing is that there are welcoming players. Super nice. There is no blood graphics thank goodness :) They have fun events like defeating Jolly Roger or Queen Anne's Revenge. Gambling...I dont think that's a problem, I dont gamble because I dont know how and I really dont want to learn because there are other stuff to do! Anyway, great game (might be lag)
Kid, 11 years old January 2, 2012

Fun Game

Ok there is mild swearing like "crop" ,"ship" and "Stew pig".if you are a girl your most likely to be asked out to avoid that stay out of a servers ok! There is no blood more cartoonish you can't died but your "knocked out and you go to jail" You do need to have membership if you want to level up to higher levels, better weapon,ships,clothing and ect. It is a pirate game there is rum YOU CAN'T DRINK IT. The girls tube top or Corset is iffy. There is chat setting for your kids
Teen, 15 years old Written byWintray May 7, 2011

Drinking, violence and gambling not a problem!

I actually laughed when I saw the negative reviews, I'm sorry but I just couldn't help myself. The womens clothes are FINE, the worst things are a tube tops (called "corsets" in-game). There are many family-oriented guilds, such as Ocean Gods. I've met many people on there who I look up to, and who are all welcoming and kind. This game is great for everyone, violence is not a problem and I never felt the urge to drink or gamble in reality. Honestly people. Ocean Gods, for example, has many members who are related each other. We have all become very close, and we all help each other. I have met so many great people, and drinking and gambling are not problems on there AT ALL. I've heard some people mention bad language and lag, that's probably because your going on the A servers - the ones at the top of the list, and the ones that everyone goes on. There are also the default servers, where if you don't choose a server you go automatically to. Consumerism isn't a problem, most websites have a membership option, and unlike those websites you can't buy virtual money. It used to advertise, but now it doesn't. These complaints are out of date. I've been playing for three-four years, and loved every second of it! I have started to grow out of it, though. I have gotten a bit lonely on there, most of my online friends I used to hang out with have left, the downside of being an older member.
Teen, 13 years old Written byJosieGrl April 1, 2011

pay to play!!!! AGAIN!!!!

Fun, similar to toontown ( but for more mature players ). You can't get very far in the game without paying. UUUGGGHHH
Kid, 10 years old March 23, 2011

Just a little un-modest

I love this game!! I just started playing it but so far it rocks. I just think some of it is a little lame, like having to be a member to use some gear/weapons, The girls NPC clothes are a little un-modest, but overall it's fun!!! ... I'm Charlotte Daggerskull if you see me say hi! :D
Kid, 10 years old March 12, 2011

Please read all it will really help =)

I really enjoy this game! (once you get to lvl 30 it starts to get really fun 20-29 is kinda boring im adding this on and im level 31 now & im an officer in my guild))There are 2 types of chats 1 is open chat it includs a bigger dictonary if words u can asy another chat is called speed plus chat its filtered so if someone says something bad it will just show up as yarrr or garrr. They just recently added and updated some stuff. My favorite weapon so far is the dagger but i am just lvl 27. The lamest weapon would have to the the grenade alot of people quit playing once they unlock the grenade because its a really lame weapon in my opinion(you shouldn't quit though). Another one of my favorite things are guilds there is a guild master (gm) and that is the person who created the guild they have the ability to invite people to the guild kick someone out of the guild and promote someone in the guild. There are 4 ranks member,veteran.officer and guild master(you can be promoted to guild master but its very rare). when your a member you don't really have any special things you can do. when your a veteran you can invite someone to the guild. when you become and officer you can invite someone and kick anyone out except other officers and the guild master of course. you have the ability to chat with the guild and every guild has their own special rules. (I am a veteran of the guild i am in.) I really recommend this game it gets better the higher level you get. You are able to make up to 4 pirates. My pirate is Meg Seawalker say hi if you see me!