All member reviews for Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare

Comedic, cartoonish shooter should be OK for younger teens.

Teen, 14 years old Written byIronRunningAnvil March 21, 2014

Really fun and wacky multiplayer game

When I first saw this game I was not sure I would like it that much, but I thought to give it a try anyway and I have to say that it is brilliant. I am no fan of shooters really, but the innocence and fun that this one brings compares to nothing. The violence is all a joke as well there really isn't any (unless a sunflower falling over is a bit much). There is no talk of death in the game either instead of team death match it is team vanquish to make it more family friendly and it is really fun. To make it even better now free downloadable content has been made bringing a whole new level, mode and more character customizations. At the moment there is a real mix of modes with classic survival to team vanquish or gardens and graveyards (not forgetting the classic modes of these and the all new gnome bomb mode). Overall: violence 3/10, family friendliness 8/10, fun 9/10. Hope this helped
Teen, 17 years old Written bywillman72 March 3, 2014

online only

to all parents and gaurdians out there if your not okay with your son having online or dont have online dont bother as this game is a online only title
Teen, 13 years old Written byRevampedstone0 March 16, 2014

PvZ

as a learning tool kids and teens can learn to strategize but that is about it. This games violence is nothing to be concerned and the humor is top-notch. My only concern is the ability to talk to players who think it is "funny" to swear at small children. I highly recommend this game.
Kid, 10 years old May 18, 2014

Violent and very fun

Great shooter game for those kids that like PvZ. And it's rated E10+, so those kids who aren't teens yet can play. However, there is pretty bad content, for example: the engineer zombie, his pants run a little low, so that probably boosted the rating to E10+ immediately. And then there's the "blood", which is really green goo, but it's close to blood. Fortunately, it's very rarely seen, and I've only seen it in a picture (Bonk Choy punching a browncoat, having goo fly out of his arm) and a mini clip (chomper chomping a zombies neck, then head). AND, if no restrictions are set to chatting with people and them chatting to you, 0-20 people can hear what you are saying with a headset on, and they can talk to you. Fortunately, what they are saying SHOULD be okay because, well, almost everyone who plays this is likely to be a kid. Also fortunately, you can mute players and unmute them anytime. Other than this, no chatting online gameplay is really fun, because there is pure co-op, garden ops, and team vs team modes. Also, people can revive you (sunflowers do it best) and heal you (sunflower only), and are likely to work with you on doing something like capturing a garden, or vanquish a plant/zombie. So overall. This game has some pretty good co-op. Oh yeah, also, this game is not really that "scary", because the blood, zombies, plants, basically everything, is animated. Also, this game was made a bit better by replacing "death" or "kill" with "vanquish". And this game is also really fun, having the experience of being one of your fun PvZ plants or zombies, and using a variety of weapons to beat the other team strategically, and also the co-op is amazing. So I suggest you play this game, but just keep it to the 10+ year olds. P.S. Weapons are like guns and stuff, but not totally bad.
Kid, 11 years old June 27, 2014

good game for kids not aloud to play call of duty

this game is awesome but it is always online so if your child doesn't have xbox live gold he cant play this game i have ran into a few glitches but its always online so i didn't expect different it is a awesome game and it is cheap instead of dropping 60$ on a new game you can drop 40$ and get a great game
Teen, 13 years old Written byWaffle2006 March 17, 2014

Garden Warfare: A Unique Shooter

Garden Warfare is not like today's "black and gray" shooters like Call of Duty. PopCap made a really bold move to go from a casual genre like tower defense to an intense one like a shooter. Most would think that this game would end up in the bargain bins in no time, and yet, it is quite amusing. This game combines shooter elements with the quirky elements from the series' two previous entries. As Common Sense said, green blood does show up when zombies are shot, but it is hardly visible and shouldn't be much of a problem for kids who are 8-9 and up. This game may look like a child's game, but this would appeal to pretty much any age of gamer. Remember this one thing, though; if you are a fan of casual games, like the previous entries in Plants vs. Zombies, this game probably isn't for you. If you have a friend or family member who wants the Xbox One version, you may be better suited to use the exclusive Boss Mode, which uses a tablet and is a mini-game like setup that is very similar to the previous games. All in all, this is a very well-made game, and with a pricetag that is half of most games AND free DLC, this is also definitely worth the cash.
Kid, 10 years old June 6, 2014
Parent Written byMotherball September 20, 2014

Best Shooter Since Team Fortress 2

My son and I play this together very often. I didn't think too much of the game before my mother-in-law bought it for him, but since the first time I played it, I am hooked. This is a great game for adults and kids. Kids will enjoy the graphics and the humor, and it is very good at refining hand-eye coordination. It also has interesting physics to learn and play with in regards to the different styles of maps, weapons, and abilities. The creative options associated with the character customization are immense. I've played a lot of shooter games and this is definitely one of my favorites. I've spent over 100 hours playing and am still learning new tricks and tactics to increase my statistics. The sheer variety of available characters to play and their different play styles will keep players of any age engaged for a long while. The game is simple yet has a good learning curve that rewards effort and practice without causing frustration in the process. Learning and remembering the maps and how to deal with all the different enemy characters is key to success. For those who love games that are easy to learn and hard to master and would like to have their children learn about physics, be creative, and improve their memory and hand-eye coordination, this one is easy to recommend.
Kid, 8 years old March 18, 2015

kinda larning

its teaching u how to kill zombies I played it and its AWEZOMMME very kool and I suggest it but ppl are chatting so before u play mute ur tv :)
Kid, 12 years old May 2, 2014

My favorite game!

This is my favourite game but it can be a bit violent and can be boring for younger players. Be mindful that while having an head set on 3 to 20 other people will hear what you are saying. There is no blood unlike the game rating and there is some crude humour on the engineer because his pants run low and you can see his but crack.
Parent Written by1uke March 29, 2015

Great game to build up there reflexes

Great game and fun graphics. Not realistic at all very cartoon like.
Kid, 11 years old December 18, 2014

Shooter + Comedic = Great for older Kids

this is a shooter game which contains guns and pea shooters and many more comedic weapons but you can go on multiplayer mode which people can use voice chat so if they go on multiplayer tell them to mute all people in the player list that has a speaker icon next to their name or the people that have a mic connected may start swearing. other wise, great for mature 9 year olds
Parent of a 9, 12, 14, and 17 year old Written byESRB April 29, 2015

PVZ

Friendly Shooter with no violence whatsoever.
Kid, 12 years old August 21, 2016

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare is the Best Nonviolent Shooter

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare is a video game I love, and my favorite in the Plants vs. Zombies series. However, it is fortunately like other shooter video games in it lacks blood and gore and intense violence. Onto content: Violence: All really fantasy and easy to distinguish from real life, though the violence is not too cartoon-like unlike the original Plants vs. Zombies. Players roam through maps, plant defensive plants or mushrooms/zombies, and use whimsical weaponry: for examples, the Peashooter shoots peas (obviously :P), the Cactus can fire and use potato mines and flying garlic drones. Battles include death cries, real gunfire, and large explosions. Blood: All animated an unrealistic, like the original. Zombies generally loose an arm and a head and splash green liquid. Crude Humor: The Engineer Zombie's butt is shown, and can fart on occasions. Overall, Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare is the best nonviolent shooter you can get for your children if you do not want them to be exposed to intense violence, blood, or mutilation. Yet my parents are still asking me if I think this is appropriate.
Teen, 16 years old Written byktr2004 January 8, 2016

Plants vs Zombies

This Game Is OK. If You're Worried About Your Kid Playing a FPS Don't Worry. Absolutely NO Blood and The Weapons Are Cartoonish Fun Things Like Slingshots. The Enemies Are Zombies And They Just Vanish When Killed. The Game itself Is Not That Great But The Customization And Multiplayer Are Pretty Fun. I Love Playing Multiplayer With My Friends. There Are Packs That Cost Fake Currency And No Drugs or Drinking. No Sex. The Violence Is As Small As It Is In Minecraft. The FPS Aspect Lacks Control And The Game Type Of An FPS. And Remember FPS Doesn't Mean BLOOD! Your Children Can Talk But Only If Connected To A Headset And I Suggest Only Talking When Above 13 Years Of Age. The Maps And Character Design Is Good. But There Is A Limited Split Screen. The Controls Are Also Hard To Get Down. My Overall Rating is 6.96
Teen, 14 years old Written byeazy__breezy July 28, 2014

I used to enjoy this game a lot

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare is a pretty fun game. I mean, its basically a children's version of a multiplayer shooting and fighting game, what kid isn't gonna love it. And in this version you can control plants, and ZOMBIES. It is pretty easy to play, not a lot of different or hard to use controls. It has tons of gamemodes, but for learning, not so much. The point of this game is to beat your enemy in different ways and to defend the garden if you are a plant, their is really not much learning here. Violence is at a low, plants can swallow, bullet seed, pea blast and neddle zombies, some can catch zombies on fire or poison them. Different plants have different attacks, but its not very bad. Zombies can shoot (with guns) and use rpgs and etc. attacks but its really more of a funny game then a serious shooter. No language, should be fine for anyone 9+. You can play online with others, but it is probably pretty secure. If you want to have a lot of fun play Gardens and Graveyards. Its the best mode
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBBD March 10, 2016

Funnest Game Ever

I think that kids should be 8 and up to play this game. I think this because even though it's a comical game, the point of the game still is to kill/vanquish the other team. I'm 13 and I got this game about 6 months after it came out. It is super fun. I suggest you play this game if you like shooters but aren't very serious about them.
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Hollow Hobbit November 28, 2015

Light-hearted cartoon mischief

I got this game for free when I bought my Xbox 360, and I logged after a five minute download. When I entered, I loaded up the Multiplayer menu, and found many different game modes - Team Vanquish, Gardens and Graveyards, Gnome Bomb, Suburbination and Taco Bandits. I found the first mode called " Welcome Mat" and decided to start there. I found myself as a zombie soldier trying to kill 50 plants, and as it was my first game I was given help by a built-in tutorial. The game revolves around different game modes where there are two teams - Plants and Zombies - who each have four different roles that you can play. Plants allow Peashooters, Chompers, Sunflowers and Cacti, and Zombies allow Foot Soldiers, Engineers, Scientists and All-Stars. Each role counters a role on the other team ( Chomper - Engineer, Scientist- Sunflower etc.) and you can easily get the hang of things. Players can hear what someone in-game is saying if they're using a turned on mic, and they can communicate with them if they are also using a headset. This could lead to privacy problems, but 7-8+ should know not to give personal info ( I would recommend reminding them beforehand) and players can be muted with a simple press of a button. Also, you have to have an Xbox Live Gold account to play, which adds another £6 onto your fees per month.
Kid, 12 years old October 12, 2015

Great Third-Person Shooter w/ Quirky Personality

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare is a great third person shooter with easy to use controls and interesting special abilities for each character. Each character can be heavily customised meaning that your character will always feel personal. There are some slight privacy concerns as you can openly talk to players in matches (if you have a mic) but you can just press one button to mute everyone. The violence doesn't go any further than zombies heads popping off in a cartoony way in garden ops and player controlled characters falling over when they die. The engineer class has his pants down slightly and you see the tip of his but crack but it's not too bad as it is cartoony. Overall I would give this game a 8.7/10 and recommend it for kids aged 8 and up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySeanLeaps10 November 18, 2016

Fun innocent shooter

This game is really fun and harmless. I guess what you would call the "violent" aspect of the game is just animated plants and zombies shooting peas or other garden stuff at each other. It's nothing compared to shooters like COD. Very fun and addicting but you must note that the game can only be played online against other players.