Parent reviews for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG)

Frantic, mature action is fun despite content issues.

Parent of a 12-year-old Written byRobert H. August 29, 2017

Battlegrounds - What you need to know

Play Unknowns Battle Grounds or PUBG is a game with yes, violence but it has no language ( unless used by other players) no consumerism, and no mushy stuff. Yes this game has blood but that can be turned off, some players swear, that can be turned off, and it has guns, but so does Overwatch and that game is played by 9 to 24 year olds. All I'm saying is, this game is NOT 18+. And you should NOT base your decision of what Common Sense Media says. Thanks.

Parent Written byShelly F. August 17, 2017

Great game. Common sense have exaggerated, just as usual. The "Blood Splatters" are just little puffs of red mist, and they fade after half a second. I seriously recommend parents watching the game before they decide, as the 18+ is way exaggerated. I let both of my boys (15 and 13) play it, and they love it.

Adult Written bySam M. July 17, 2017

It has officially been rated T by ESRB. Unnofficial Steam M rating is innacurate. Community aside (just mute them) its just basic non graphic blood puffs

Most of your playtime will be nonviolent running. Players are only likely to get a handful of kills per match. There is nothing graphic or disturbing about the deaths. Just cuz a game has shooting in it, especially if its for the sake of survival, doesnt mean its going to derange anyone under 18. If killing in a T rated game like Uncharted wont derange a young teen than this wont either. Game is very basic deathmatch, yet in a huge open world where vehicles items and gear are scattered at random. I like how despite the aesthetic the gamendoesnt attempt realism. Health bars are adequate, damage is balanced, and bullets go wherever you aim. Younger players may be bored. As longs as you dont expect anything fantastical or large scale battlefield devastation, pretty much anything can happen if you are patient enough. Every online game has its toxic players. Even the kid friendly Overwatch.
Adult Written byCsm Is Gay July 26, 2020

This game is not even that violent

PUBG is a game where you are put in a map with 100 other players and using realistic guns try to hunt down other players to try be the last one standing. It is not very violent only some blood spatters and bullet holes appear when you shoot someone, there is also an option to turn off the blood.

Adult Written bym. remx June 15, 2020

Adult Written bytom rillpern June 15, 2020

good for ages ten and up

just a classic battle royale game really.
Adult Written bybobjab June 12, 2020

it is a little violent but my 8 year old boy love it

Parent of a 2-year-old Written byAhmedmahfouz June 3, 2020

Adult Written byFouadnagy50 June 2, 2020
Adult Written byJudisiamJonesGaming January 2, 2020

Very violent and capitailist

To much killing and purchases also more people are 18+ who play so slot of swearing

Adult Written byHumphrey S. December 5, 2019

This game is really fun, the only problem is the voice chat, which I believe can be turned off.

For example, my son was playing this game, and after avoiding gunfire on a bridge a Swedish gentleman called him a very rude curse word.
Adult Written byarjonshala October 3, 2019
Parent of a 12 and 13-year-old Written bygamergod88 July 28, 2019

Epic

Not epic

Parent Written byJames M. April 21, 2019

Amazing Game!

I could hardly call this game violent. There's not a lot of actual shoot-outs, which means most the time you're looting and surviving. You're also working together with a team, which is great.

Adult Written byShehin April 8, 2019

Adult Written byEvan D. March 27, 2019

Not as bad as Common Sense Media says

In the game there are only really two concerns. Violence and the other players. Now if you a parent like me and already have a thirteen year old child you should have no problem with them playing online because they now not use bad language like their online peers. If you are concerned about the other players you can just mute them. In the violence department there are a lot of gun battles, but they are not so frequent as other online first person shooters. Although there is some blood it literally just a small smoky effect that is tinted dark red.

Parent of a 9-year-old Written byStuart M. March 24, 2019

dificult but fun.

Players inject themselves and consume drugs to restore their health. when you are shot a mist of blood splats around you for about 2 seconds and it is a very realistic game.

Adult Written byDoug. March 13, 2019

Garbage game

The game is full of violence, lag, glitches. Non stop problems with the servers.
The developers know there is issues with the game, but instead of spending money to fix it, they just tell you the game is going to be laggy.
Shows they do not care about their game, because they already have their money.

Adult Written bygovindrao.panduru February 26, 2019

Please give some limitation play the this game

Hi my son is play day and night , i not reading and writting proper time. Even in sleeping he is taking about this game.

I am requesting to give some limitation of this game.

Thanks,
Govind Rao

Adult Written bybàgvyfip February 24, 2019

disgusting game

just don't bother. The developers are useless and the game is still a far alpha. You will waste you money for a walking simulator that fails to work or load 80% of the time