Kid reviews for PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds (PUBG)

Frantic, mature action is fun despite content issues.

Teen, 16 years old Written byTriple kill August 6, 2017

Really not too violent

UPDATED REVIEW DONT READ MY OTHER REVIEW. Though common sense media rates it 18+, I personally think it should be more like 13 or 14 plus. I understand that te point of the game is kill or be killed, but it's not like kids are going to get "numb" to violence. Teens most likely understand the difference between a virtual game character that easily just respawns and a human being that has things to live for. The blood is nothing to be disgusted by, because when you get shot, it's like someone took a mist sprayer bottle and sprayed it in the air. When you get shot, you don't scream in pain or anything like that, you just kind of do a little quiet "oof". Though common sense media says you "hunt down other players", it's really more about strategy and most players don't "hunt down other players" because it just makes them have a higher chance of loosing. Players usually only fight if it's a easy kill, if they are in close proximity, if it's over some beastly weapons or gear. Common sens media usually over rates shooter games simply because you are fighting virtual humans. Like I said before, kids know the difference between a living being and a virtual character that will just regenerate and can't feel pain. Also, it is impossible to dismember any part of the body, even with grenades of any kind. Players almost always are in third person which makes it a whole lot less intense. Plus it's very fun!

Teen, 13 years old Written byConnerbru November 5, 2017

Calm down commonsensemedia let’s not be ridiculous

This is an absolute joke. This game is not intensely violent, there is a spray of blood from a variety of weapons when hit. Other than that there is nothing AT ALL! This game can be played by any mature 9 yr old.
Teen, 15 years old Written byrunner3600 November 12, 2017

why?

CSM: Graphic rape and death scene in a movie: 17+ Almost bloodless occasional violence in a video game: 18+ This is the sort of stuff that caused me to stop using CSM in the first place. How does this happen?

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 17 years old Written byfsdfd August 11, 2017

It should be rated T for teen, it does not have alot of blood, gore, or violence. It does not have sexual content either! The only reason it is mature because of the PEOPLE playing with you. so if you want to play, i recommend to have no mic while playing, or mute it!!!

Teen, 13 years old Written byJamesFF_YT October 17, 2017

I Think It Would Be A 13+

Honestly, I think this game should be a 13+... Yea it includes shooting and a little blood but the main part of the game is a battle royale style survival game. A lot of kids these days (like me!) Are inspired by films and games such as the hunger games and the maze runner... This is basically a more modern version of hunger games! I think it's a really good game and it shouldn't be rated so highly on the PEGI rating.

Teen, 17 years old Written byDjskdms April 6, 2018

Player Unknowns Battlegrounds

You may be wondering if Playerunknown's Battlegrounds is right for your teen or child. I've played 100+ rounds, and most teens and kids are not as honest in the reviews as they should be. Here is my comprehensive review. Violence : No matter what people tell you, there is a great deal of violence in the game. Realistic blood and violent weapons such as machetes are commonplace in the game. The entire game is based off the newly popular Battle Royale mode, so the player is encouraged to kill as many players as possible. Some weapons included are: Automatic weapons, melee weapons such as crowbars and machetes, and a variety of vehicles. There are bodies in the Xbox/PC version of the game. Drugs and Alcohol: No alcohol is present in game, but there are a few low class drugs like painkillers and an adrenaline shot, which enhance performance. Language: Players tend to swear often in the game because of it's suspenseful nature. It's common for players to use both the s-word and the f-word after being killed. Keep in mind, though, the game allows you to either play by yourself, or mute microphones of others, so language should not be a problem. Sex: There is no sexuality in the game. Consumerism: While you can buy things in-game, it's not pushed at you and you can still enjoy it without having to pay for anything. Cooperation: I'd like to mention that while the game is focused on the aspects of killing, players will cooperate immensely with teammates in order to win a "Winner Winner Chicken Dinner". Summary: PUBG is not for children and younger teens. Parents of older teens should be cautious before letting their children play the game.

Kid, 11 years old January 4, 2018

not that bad

people don't really like this game because its similar to fortnite battle royale but believe me when i say this game is so good sure sometimes lag and stuff but it is very fun especially with friends. pubg has violence such as hitting people with machetes sickles crowbars and a...... for some reason a frying pan and most of the time when you hit someone with any of these weapons you see blood. players can be shot ran over punched stabbed ETC but you see blood for a brief moment yep thats right no blood stains here. pubg is a 100 player pvp mode where you and 99 other players jump out of a plane and collect guns medical suplies helmets vests and they all fight to the death until one player remains. overall i think this game is better for preteens (like myself) and teens and adults only
Teen, 16 years old Written byTGHampster August 20, 2017

Parachuting in the Reviews

PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is so freaking awesome. Even though common sense media says "too much violence, toxic players, pieces of toast killing each other, Age 18+", I'd disagree. PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is a very fun, "open" world game that would knock all other battle royale games out of the park. Blood and Gore isn't really an issue, just saying. Here's the major issue really, TOXIC (extremely mean) PLAYERS. Even if you parachute in the same place as them, they'll flip out. But anyways, great game for ages 12 and up as a suggestion. My parents let me play halo 2 when I was little or something.
Teen, 13 years old Written byQuinn Nichols November 29, 2017

This Game esrb rating is T NOT M

I played this game on my xbox. Can be swearing if some people use voice chat. Very fun if you do not think your kids are ready for this game then play Fortnight Battle Royal the game has no blood but has you shooting people but a good game for 11+.

Kid, 10 years old August 20, 2017

The Best!

I dont understand why it is rated 18 and up, unlike games like WATCH DOGS, it has no nudity, sexual content, OR Strong Language. All it has is Blood and Gore, which is in MOST shooters, Bluehole, (THE DEVELOPERS) step your game up.

Teen, 17 years old Written byFireCats January 24, 2018

The guns and the disapointment

PUBG is a game where you are placed an an arena with 90-99 other players. this game is a great way to make money,but this game is exetremly boring and glitch.This game really isint that violent.dont get this game but do keep in mind its honestly fine for kids.
Teen, 17 years old Written byHey123 February 8, 2018

Wow what a masterpiece of a video game

Actually the bugs tpenhance the experience. Everybody be like, “hey, don’t yo7 need to make your game playable before release?” BAH. Idiots don’t understand Xbox.

Teen, 14 years old Written bytyphoon234 September 20, 2017

Has blood but is not as gory as call of duty or battlefield, more strategic, 13+

This game does have a bit blood but its not super graphic or gory, the game is more strategic and skill based and isn't a run an gun game like call of duty, there is no sex, drugs, drinking or profanity, Don't just look at the 18+ title on this game and say not let your teen play because its not as violent as you think it is.

Teen, 13 years old Written byRevang August 25, 2017

PUBG is an OK game for 13+ Year Olds

So Common Sense Media thinks it's a Mature game (which would probably be what the ESRB would rate it, considering the excessive amount of games that should be T rated M. I'd say it's fine for 13+, the violence is the main point of the game, obviously. It's a battle royale, that's how it's supposed to be. You don't encounter players that much (there are 100 players maximum, but it's a big map of play.) The borders start shrinking, which is when the game gets intense. Now, this game would definitely not be an E for everyone, but I think 13 year olds can handle it. Disabling voice chat is a needed feature if you don't want to hear people screaming and swearing in game. Overall, I would say it's fine for your 13 year old.

Teen, 13 years old Written byzsrfxdzfbdt May 17, 2018

Teen, 14 years old Written byI have real com... April 5, 2018

Another Exaggeration by Common Sense Media

Its not a bad game because blood is minor and well its bad graphics and come on its all fake now if your kid is a angered demon child then maybe 15+ but its fine for anyone 8+

Teen, 13 years old Written byEthanovich December 29, 2017

Rated T for good reason.

First of all, the ESRB did not do a good job rating it T. When I first heard of the game I was almost certain that it was rated M. Battlegrounds deserves the rating M or something in between T and M because it can be violent, there is partial nudity, and the blood is extremely under stated in other reviews. The blood shows up very often and may disappear after 1-2 seconds, however the blood on a character does not disappear for a while after. When you first get the game you are asked to give your person a gender and dress it with clothes. On screen there is a grown male or female with their underpants on and nothing else. The game lets people not dress them at all and give people the unpleasant sight of a man or woman running around almost naked. There are more violent aspects to the game than others may have said or not said before. For example you can run over people with cars, the guns (of course), and overall just the brutality of it all is the main reason why parents need to know that this. All of this aside, the graphics in the game are not as stunning as other games. The wildlife is pretty good looking but if you look at details of things in houses or cars, they don't have good textures. I regret spending $30 on a game I rarely play and probably won't play much of in the future. I've given this game chances but it has just disappointed me and I can't change my mind.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysavages4life April 10, 2018

Harsh rating

The game has violence but the game has only a small amount of blood and no gore . You are mostly walking and collecting loot , rather than killing people.However the game is online only so younger players can be exposed to people they don't know.

Privacy & Safety
Teen, 17 years old Written byDrift March 6, 2018
Kid, 8 years old March 3, 2018

OMG

Rated T but really M in my opinion SUPER VIOLENT not like fortnite. Rules of survival on my I pad and that is rated M. (Not saying I have played it I have only saw videos)