All member reviews for Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver Versions

Teen, 15 years old Written byPeanutthetoon March 8, 2011

w00t

As always, this remake of Gold and Silver doesn't disappoint. And as always, it is very easy to play and there are helpful tutorials for beginners. It has positive messages of treating the environment with respect and animals, too. There are also good role models that join together to fight Team Rocket. I think the BEST part of this game is the online capabilities. I battle people on Youtube, but be careful because some people might give bad nicknames to their Pokemon. Overall, a fantastic game with excellent graphics (for a DS game), and a good storyline.
Kid, 9 years old September 14, 2010

graet game

love the game plus theres so much to do.
Kid, 12 years old August 29, 2010

fun, but baybish for anyone 10+

i guess some people would consider it violent, since you make pokemon fight until they "faint", and the moves are things like "slash" "take down" and "flamethrower" and the effects are stuff like "poison", "burn" and "one hit KO", but the vocabulary is far worse than whats on screen.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHotaru Chan July 5, 2010

Great for everyone

Pokemon has always been good, some better than others. Its a game that is great for all ages. I've never seen anything too bad about the games, and I don't think we ever will.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLvl100uberpidgey April 5, 2010

Exceptional games for gamers of all ages

These games are the best in the Pokemon series. They exceed the others in just about every way from controls to sound to graphics. There is nothing to worry about except for some very mild violence. The games are turn-based RPGs, so if you don't like slower-paced games, these are not for you. They are somewhat long and fairly challenging when you're just playing through the story, but if you're looking to fill your Pokedex (like me!) you'll be looking at well over 100 hours of gameplay. The new Pokewalker accessory, which comes with the game, is cool and has actually got my lazy butt off the couch (though you could just shake it instead of actually walking). Altogether, these are the best of Pokemon and rank among the best games for the DS (or any other system, for that matter!)
Kid, 9 years old March 30, 2010

only pokemon game worth getting

it is one of the coolest games ever! it is certinaly better than the other pokemon games, probably the only one worth getting. it does have consumerism though, its trying to get you to buy other pokemon junk. but all in all, its a great game!
Teen, 13 years old Written byALBERT0 August 7, 2014

Kid, 12 years old January 28, 2013

silvonadux review

( This goes to the soulsilver version) This title has a record on how long I have played this. It is VERY fun. But I can Come up with many downsides as sad as it is. If you take one or more steps in long grass, deep caves, dark forests, or deep water, you're bound to run into a lame pokemon like a level 2 pidgey, a level 4 tentacool, level 6 zubat, and MUCH much more. luckily they make a repel to keep them away if you want. It's just a pain to put it in over and over and over again. But aside from that (And more) this game is REALLY GOOD!
Teen, 17 years old Written byDanielCello December 9, 2012

LEARNING

Soul Silver

In my opinion, there is no reason for anyone under 5 to be playing pokemon.if you pay attention though, you can actuall y learn something if your 5 and up
Kid, 12 years old June 10, 2012

LEARNING

Best pokemon game i have played so far.

this is a very good game. one of my favorite pokemon games. the only reason i rated it appropriate for 7 is because the difficulty of the game. there are many puzzles that a young child may need help with. overall, there's nothing bad in it. i know some Christians are against pokemon because of evolution. pokemon "evolve" but it's more like growing than evolving. a totodile evolves into a crocanaw, and eventually a feraligatr. but they're species are not changing, they get bigger and physically stronger. pokemon pretty much have the stages of growing up like humans do. it also teaches that it's important to live up to your promises and there are many examples of how pokemon trainers treat they're pokemon like they're friends and family, not a pet.
Kid, 10 years old January 28, 2012

Pretty good!!

This game in the Pokemon series is very good, especially with the Pokewalker, because it's a good way to find Pokemon and items
Kid, 10 years old December 14, 2011

Good game

Good for younger kids
Kid, 11 years old November 27, 2011

Awesome game that anyone can play.

Unless your one of those crazy parents who thinks Pokemon is violent, its a good game for all ages. It is NOT for babies, I have a seventeen year old cousin who still plays Soul Silver with me every time we hang out. The pokewalker is a great idea too, but I lost mine a few months ago and im looking around the house for it. Overall it is a great game that can be a little hard in some parts.
Kid, 11 years old July 5, 2011

ups and downs

this is a great game once you buy it but it gets a little boring once you get all 16 badges.its appropriate for all age kids. i know that because my moms strict and she let my 4 year old sister get it. it is WAY more advanced than the other pokemon games. you do the jhoto and kanto reigin in the game so you get 16 badges. its a good game.
Kid, 12 years old May 30, 2011

Good.

This game is awesome. But it has worn out over the years...
Kid, 12 years old May 1, 2011

Fun, addicting game for all ages! :)

Pokemon Soulsilver is my first ever pokemon game, and to tell you the truth, I LOVED IT!! It's very addicting to play and sometimes I find myself playing on it for hours at a time. It's sometimes a little tricky though, and it gets a little frustrating at times, like when I walk through a cave I cant walk around without facing a pokemon every 10-20 seconds!!! And also--Strategy is key. Fighting the different pokemon is like a rock, paper, scissors match but with more strategy involved. Overall, this is an insanely addicting game that will be great for a pokemon fanatic to someone new to the series alike! Have fun :)
Kid, 11 years old April 24, 2011

Very Good, Until I Traded It In To Save Up For My Xbox 360 Slim.

Okay, my little brothers have played it, I've played it, its pretty good but i wish it had a new region in this game. I played through the game and then traded it in at one video game store so I had enough money for my Xbox 360 Slim.
Kid, 12 years old April 15, 2011

Good game but too hard? :-(

This game is to hard for ages 9 and below. The Reasons are 1. The game has 2 regions so that means 16 badges to collect. 2. Some thing are relly confusing. There are more reasons but the reason is this game is more complicated than other version.
Kid, 10 years old January 2, 2011

Pokemon Soul Silver Review

It is most-likely one of the best games I ever played! When my parents aren't telling me to do chores or shoolwork and I've earned gametime, I play it for as long as possible without having to shut it down. I don't see why anyone should hate it. 'Cause it's one great game!
Kid, 12 years old December 26, 2010

i think its a VERY good game. ive loved these games 4 as long as i can remember. the pokewalker is a very good move 2 get kids off thier couch if they did'nt lose it like i did. those who played Gold and Silver in 1999 will love to play it again with all the new features. parents however, will have to give the advertisment lesson 2 kids first. this is another large chunk of pokemon franchise. other than that, this is just like any other pokemon game